It’s not about politics

I think the best criticism of TLJ is general in nature.

Here’s my list:

• The way Luke was written from beginning to end.

• The ham-handed, blatantly forced ethnic / gender diversity.

• The way Snoke (his origins, his goals, etc.) was tossed aside as if he was someone no one had any interest in exploring

• Rian Johnson’s continuous defense of the choices he made, making him more unlikable by the moment.

• Any criticism of the choices made, and you risk being labeled “racist”, “misogynist”, etc.
Some specifics:

• Explicitly killing Luke

• No reaction from Luke to Han’s death

• Almost no interaction between Luke and Chewie, R2 and 3PO

• Luke’s demeanor

• Rose (note - I have no problem with KMT. Rose sucks

• Canto Bight

• Hux being made into a Looney Toons villain

• Sea Cow milk

• Leia Poppins

• Rey’s parentage
Those are just some of the parts that sum up the whole shitpile. It was almost like RJ was deliberately trying to turn the whole saga on it’s ear, and for what reason, who knows? Personally, I think he’s projecting his (latent?) homosexuality and the sense of ostracism he probably felt as a kid when he was a fan of StarWars.

I can just picture him being a boy on the playground that wanted to dress like Leia and wear his hair like hers.

Whatever, he’s rich and can say he directed the most polarizing film in the last however many years, so f*** me I guess, right?

This brave man trying to tell us that the hurricane is a weather modification attack on USA which has everything to do with Trump being the president.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ty-appears-flash-white-power-hand-signal.html
666-Kevin-Spacey.jpg

Since weather is politics this belongs here and I told you people there is something going on with the sun and now the american authorities are closing down those who is studying this and can see this for themselves.

The end is nigh, we're all gonna burn in a ball of fire!

Since weather is politics this belongs here and I told you people there is something going on with the sun and now the american authorities are closing down those who is studying this and can see this for themselves.

The end is nigh, we're all gonna burn in a ball of fire!

Is that Billy Bob Thornton? #would

I have a son. He's 10 years old. He has computers. He is so good with these computers, it's unbelievable. The security aspect of cyber is very, very tough. And maybe it's hardly doable. But I will say, we are not doing the job we should be doing. But that's true throughout our whole governmental society. We have so many things that we have to do better and certainly cyber is one of them.

I have a son. He's 10 years old. He has computers. He is so good with these computers, it's unbelievable. The security aspect of cyber is very, very tough. And maybe it's hardly doable. But I will say, we are not doing the job we should be doing. But that's true throughout our whole governmental society. We have so many things that we have to do better and certainly cyber is one of them.
So what you are saying is that your hacker son is so good with computers he found me and now the cops are after me?

People in USA are so brainwashed that even reality shows trigger them to the point they attack someone who has seen those shows and call that person a racist for saying what kind of people are on it.

This is the thing with these people, they are the biggest racist cause they are denying their own existance and their forefathers part in it.

Nothing like a white american calling a white swede racist when they live in USA which was built on racism and intolerance and these white people are still reaping the benefits of that.

But yeah some guy from Sweden who watched a tv show and told everyone what was on it is the real issue here, time to get out into the streets and make a million march protest.

Some people....

My father is where most of my family's unhealthy behaviors stem from. He has an iron clad martyr complex and has a huge habit of gas lighting, spreading gossip and drama, and is hugely self centered. This part here is relevant to the story-growing up, we would all get together at his house. He would start gossiping about my aunt and we would all bitch about her together before she got there. As soon as my aunt would leave my father would start ripping her behavior apart-somewhat rightfully so. Most of us don't have contact with my aunt because she would come in, insult everyone to their faces, tell lies about her life and everyone else's, at some point throw a few violent screaming fits and then she would leave. These fits would occur because someone would step on her foot by accident, or her son would take her lighter, or she couldn't find her purse.
Onto yesterday-we get there and right away my father starts telling one of his stories about one of my mom's ex boyfriends in front of my current stepdad. It makes him visibly uncomfortable. Subject is changed to my sister losing her job that day. My father interrupts the story to say something completely irrelevant. I politely said "that's irrelevant though dad she's trying to tell us the story" and then dad makes a big show out of being upset and leaves the room. Everyone stays to listen to the story. Dad comes back and goes "YOU ALL THINK I'M A REAL SON OF A BITCH" because i cut him off and wouldn't let him interrupt and derail my sister's story. I tell him that he didn't need to interrupt especially with something that could have derailed the entire message and that he could have just waited a minute for the story to be finished before saying what he said. "WELL DO YOU WATCH EVERYTHING YOU SAY?!!" this is when the food is delivered and my mom takes me aside to say that my father is mentally a 3 year old now and that when he interrupts to just let him do it. Fine. We'll let the overgrown toddler dictate all conversations.
We're eating and another one of my mom's exes is brought up. I see that my mom is upset. My mom says "I've been asking this for years and I'm asking one more time. Please stop bringing up my past marriages and past partners every time i see and talk to you. It's disrespectful to my current partner" Immediately, dad gets pissed off and tells us that for years he watched us trash my aunt and run her into the ground and that he wants that to stop too. Literally nobody brought my aunt up until that moment-he just needed to counter being told she was doing something wrong with a "WELL WHAT ABOUT YOU." it turned into a big argument with my mom, sister and me telling him he can't keep acting like this. He did his usual meltdown and yelling about how nobody loves him, he isn't allowed to have his feelings, he does so much for everyone and we all think he is a son of a bitch, he just wants to be a good dad and isn't because we all hate him, how we all only point out everything he does wrong and that from now on he's just going to shut up.
He melts down like this because he knows he has pushed it too far and needs everyone to feel sorry for him again. He looks at me in front of everyone and tells me he loves me. I say it back but don't really mean it in that moment. Then he gets upset that i didn't look him in the eye when i said it and wants me to say it again. I've had enough and i said that its crazy that he needed to control the way i looked at him and my tone of voice. More yelling and covering up him head. Eventually he starts telling really unfunny jokes to "lighten the mood/distract everyone" and it all f***ing goes away again. My mom said she hopes we made progress. I tell her that we made no progress because they all fell for the manipulation again. I really didn't want to go over there and that nasty scene is exactly why i didn't want to go. Unfortunately NC is not an option but I've been LC with my dad for a while. Yay happy birthday to me-we got home 2 hours after our agreed upon departure time because he holds everyone emotionally hostage and i wouldn't have been able to leave during her stupid f***ing meltdown. It's a sad day when the 4 and 5 year old in attendance consistently behave better than the 72 year old. Impeach my father.

My father is where most of my family's unhealthy behaviors stem from. He has an iron clad martyr complex and has a huge habit of gas lighting, spreading gossip and drama, and is hugely self centered. This part here is relevant to the story-growing up, we would all get together at his house. He would start gossiping about my aunt and we would all bitch about her together before she got there. As soon as my aunt would leave my father would start ripping her behavior apart-somewhat rightfully so. Most of us don't have contact with my aunt because she would come in, insult everyone to their faces, tell lies about her life and everyone else's, at some point throw a few violent screaming fits and then she would leave. These fits would occur because someone would step on her foot by accident, or her son would take her lighter, or she couldn't find her purse.
Onto yesterday-we get there and right away my father starts telling one of his stories about one of my mom's ex boyfriends in front of my current stepdad. It makes him visibly uncomfortable. Subject is changed to my sister losing her job that day. My father interrupts the story to say something completely irrelevant. I politely said "that's irrelevant though dad she's trying to tell us the story" and then dad makes a big show out of being upset and leaves the room. Everyone stays to listen to the story. Dad comes back and goes "YOU ALL THINK I'M A REAL SON OF A BITCH" because i cut him off and wouldn't let him interrupt and derail my sister's story. I tell him that he didn't need to interrupt especially with something that could have derailed the entire message and that he could have just waited a minute for the story to be finished before saying what he said. "WELL DO YOU WATCH EVERYTHING YOU SAY?!!" this is when the food is delivered and my mom takes me aside to say that my father is mentally a 3 year old now and that when he interrupts to just let him do it. Fine. We'll let the overgrown toddler dictate all conversations.
We're eating and another one of my mom's exes is brought up. I see that my mom is upset. My mom says "I've been asking this for years and I'm asking one more time. Please stop bringing up my past marriages and past partners every time i see and talk to you. It's disrespectful to my current partner" Immediately, dad gets pissed off and tells us that for years he watched us trash my aunt and run her into the ground and that he wants that to stop too. Literally nobody brought my aunt up until that moment-he just needed to counter being told she was doing something wrong with a "WELL WHAT ABOUT YOU." it turned into a big argument with my mom, sister and me telling him he can't keep acting like this. He did his usual meltdown and yelling about how nobody loves him, he isn't allowed to have his feelings, he does so much for everyone and we all think he is a son of a bitch, he just wants to be a good dad and isn't because we all hate him, how we all only point out everything he does wrong and that from now on he's just going to shut up.
He melts down like this because he knows he has pushed it too far and needs everyone to feel sorry for him again. He looks at me in front of everyone and tells me he loves me. I say it back but don't really mean it in that moment. Then he gets upset that i didn't look him in the eye when i said it and wants me to say it again. I've had enough and i said that its crazy that he needed to control the way i looked at him and my tone of voice. More yelling and covering up him head. Eventually he starts telling really unfunny jokes to "lighten the mood/distract everyone" and it all f***ing goes away again. My mom said she hopes we made progress. I tell her that we made no progress because they all fell for the manipulation again. I really didn't want to go over there and that nasty scene is exactly why i didn't want to go. Unfortunately NC is not an option but I've been LC with my dad for a while. Yay happy birthday to me-we got home 2 hours after our agreed upon departure time because he holds everyone emotionally hostage and i wouldn't have been able to leave during her stupid f***ing meltdown. It's a sad day when the 4 and 5 year old in attendance consistently behave better than the 72 year old. Impeach my father.
You have no idea how common that sort of behaviour is and you can sum them up by calling them energy thieves cause they drain you completely and are not at all interested in other people but themselves but when they focus on someone else it is always negative.
I think you dealt with a pathological liar cause they will twist and turn reality to suit their own agenda.

Another day in the paradise that is the multicultural Birmingham and no one is surprised anymore.

I expect that the traffic warden got severe neck injuries.

Just have to love her!

Poland is the new frontier of Europe with a glorious past that people forgot about.

Bump, did the Clinton mafia get Derek? :rolleyes:

I've been busy, and also a bit distracted by the political situation in Canada.

I spoke above about how the Conservatives united under Prime Minister Stephen Harper and went on to govern solidly for ten years. At the time, the unification of the two right-leaning parties in Canada worked, but right-leaning Canadians seem to be becoming increasingly dissatisfied with how the Conservatives are representing the people. Recently, Maxime Bernier defected from the Conservative Party to form the People' s Party of Canada. This is a very interesting development. A month ago, the Justin Trudeau Liberals and the Andrew Scheer Conservatives were essentially tied in the polls and had been for months. Trudeau was on track to win a minority government next year at best, and that hasn't changed. However, Bernier's new party has a little over a year to win Canadians over, and the concern among Conservatives is that he will split the vote and pave the way for Trudeau to win again, albeit with a minority government in all likelihood.

Personally, I am happy with Bernier throwing a wrench in to the mix. He has wide appeal across the political spectrum and geographically in terms of appealing to Quebec, and Canada has been a bit behind the rest of the world, and even the United States, politically. It's not surprising that our big shake-up is only coming now. Trudeau was essentially our Obama, and he came seven years later. I'm not saying Bernier is our Trump, but he is certainly changing the conversation and giving people an alternative to the Conservatives, who remain rather stale, and the Liberals, who have been an abject failure.

Canadians are fed up. Change has been needed here as well, and we're seeing the process play out. Doug Ford's landslide victory in June to become Premier of Ontario was a big step. The media have been losing their shit for a while now. They've already tried to paint Bernier as a white supremacist. The next year should be exciting!

Back
Top Bottom