It’s not about politics

BINGO!!!!

I hope when the jews got there they told those squatters in their land 'afuera!'!!

Well, they certainly did. They told them "afuera" with much violence. None of this changes the fact that the Jews were not the indigenous people there.

Well, they certainly did. They told them "afuera" with much violence. None of this changes the fact that the Jews were not the indigenous people there.
Well I guess you'll have to take that up with God, aubs!!

How so? God's own book is telling us that the Jews were not the original inhabitants of the land. This is basic.
Well I think God promising it to the jews overrides the fact that some dirty squatters got there first, don't you?!

But like I said I don't know much about it!

I'm going to go read the last temptation of christ and eat candy! Bye!

Well I think God promising it to the jews overrides the fact that some dirty squatters got there first, don't you?!

The Jews certainly think so, and many conquering peoples besides the Jews have had similar ideas about manifest destiny and the providence of their god(s), but none of this changes the definition of "indigenous."

I'm going to go read the last temptation of christ and eat candy! Bye!

That's a great book, enjoy it if you haven't read it before. It's my second favorite novel about J.C. after The Nazarene by Sholem Asch. Good night.

The Jews certainly think so, and many conquering peoples besides the Jews have had similar ideas about manifest destiny and the providence of their god(s), but none of this changes the definition of "indigenous."

That's a great book, enjoy it if you haven't read it before. It's my second favorite novel about J.C. after The Nazarene by Sholem Asch. Good night.
If it's not proclaimed to be true in the good book, it don't count!

Ah, aubs, I should've known you'd be all over books about Jesus. Well, he was the raddest of the rad, it's true. What I've been wondering, maybe you know the answer, is where did he live when he was preaching? Was he just homeless?? And how long did he preach for? Had he always been regarded as the son of God, or was it revealed later in life? It'd be fun to just go around preaching and having people open their houses to you, that's the kind of life I'd like, and i wouldn't be surprised if that should have been my destiny as one whom the gods love (sometimes I wonder if I am the second jesus! Have you ever had that thought, aubs?!) , but sadly, it just doesnt seem feasible in this day and age. I was born in the wrong era 😞

If it's not proclaimed to be true in the good book, it don't count!

Ah, aubs, I should've known you'd be all over books about Jesus. Well, he was the raddest of the rad, it's true. What I've been wondering, maybe you know the answer, is where did he live when he was preaching? Was he just homeless?? And how long did he preach for? Had he always been regarded as the son of God, or was it revealed later in life? It'd be fun to just go around preaching and having people open their houses to you, that's the kind of life I'd like, and i wouldn't be surprised if that should have been my destiny as one whom the gods love (sometimes I wonder if I am the second jesus! Have you ever had that thought, aubs?!) , but sadly, it just doesnt seem feasible in this day and age. I was born in the wrong era 😞
I think he set up camp wherever, sometimes stayed with friends. They were always moving around, going from one town to the next. He preached for about three years. Not everyone acknowledged him being the son of God in the beginning. It took a lot of convincing and miracles. Mary, of course, always knew.

I think he set up camp wherever, sometimes stayed with friends. They were always moving around, going from one town to the next. He preached for about three years. Not everyone acknowledged him being the son of God in the beginning. It took a lot of convincing and miracles. Mary, of course, always knew.
Cool, thanks! There's so much about him I don't know!

If you haven’t read the gospels, you should. And you should definitely watch The Chosen (it’s free to watch on the official website: https://watch.thechosen.tv/group/309237645360).
My laptop doesn't play videos very well (I can only get YouTube videos to play and even that can be problematic), but I will keep it in mind for when I get a new one! I fear that the gospels would take too much time and I wouldn't understand them!

My laptop doesn't play videos very well (I can only get YouTube videos to play and even that can be problematic), but I will keep it in mind for when I get a new one! I fear that the gospels would take too much time and I wouldn't understand them!
Oh, I see. 😩
No one truly “gets” them. And I don’t think that’s the way to approach them. Read them and see what happens!

Ah, aubs, I should've known you'd be all over books about Jesus. Well, he was the raddest of the rad, it's true. What I've been wondering, maybe you know the answer, is where did he live when he was preaching? Was he just homeless?? And how long did he preach for? Had he always been regarded as the son of God, or was it revealed later in life? It'd be fun to just go around preaching and having people open their houses to you, that's the kind of life I'd like, and i wouldn't be surprised if that should have been my destiny as one whom the gods love (sometimes I wonder if I am the second jesus! Have you ever had that thought, aubs?!) , but sadly, it just doesnt seem feasible in this day and age. I was born in the wrong era

Samsa is right, the gospels are a good read. But if as a Tishbyite you love modern Israel and its martial strut and genocidal horrorshow, you might agree with Nietzsche who said the whole gooey New Testament isn't worth a single page of the blood-stained Old. Depends on your tastes. One thing you'll learn pretty quickly, though, if you pick up a bible, is that you shouldn't use phrases like "one whom the gods love." Because according to the God of the Hebrews, there are no other gods—or, there are, but they're actually demons posing as gods. So if you're going to swoon for Jesus and his forked beard and his long ringlets, it's going to have to be an exclusive relationship. "All the gods of the pagans are devils."

I have never thought of myself as a messiah figure, and if you believe in Jesus, then there can be no "second Jesus." Jesus is it. The Second Coming will be the same J-dogg as the first one. He ascended into heaven and has been seated at the right hand of the Father all this time, and when he comes back he's coming down from the clouds with power and great glory, and angels blowing trumpets. Look out!

Last edited:
Samsa is right, the gospels are a good read. But if as a Tishbyite you love modern Israel and its martial strut and genocidal horrorshow, you might agree with Nietzsche who said the whole gooey New Testament isn't worth a single page of the blood-stained Old. Depends on your tastes. One thing you'll learn pretty quickly, though, if you pick up a bible, is that you shouldn't use phrases like "one whom the gods love." Because according to the God of the Hebrews, there are no other gods—or, there are, but they're actually demons posing as gods. So if you're going to swoon for Jesus and his forked beard and his long ringlets, it's going to have to be an exclusive relationship. "All the gods of the pagans are devils."

I have never thought of myself as a messiah figure, and if you believe in Jesus, then there can be no "second Jesus." Jesus is it. The Second Coming will be the same J-dogg as the first one. He was assumed into heaven and has been seated at the right hand of the Father all this time, and when he comes back he's coming down from the clouds with power and great glory, and angels blowing trumpets. Look out!
That will be so exciting!!!

I can't help it if the gods love me, I didn't ASK them too! I'm a one God kinda girl, myself. And as far as that goes, i bet Jesus would like me best too, because I'm an amoralist like him!

That will be so exciting!!!

I can't help it if the gods love me, I didn't ASK them too! I'm a one God kinda girl, myself. And as far as that goes, i bet Jesus would like me best too, because I'm an amoralist like him!

One thing you will find as you read the gospels is that Jesus was not an amoralist. I have made a Jesus thread where this discussion can continue, since this thread is about politics.

Last edited:
One thing you will find as you read the Gospels is that Jesus was not an amoralist. I have made a Jesus thread where this discussion can continue, since this thread is about politics.
Oh yes he was, and I look forward to telling you why in your Jesus thread, but right now I must go to bed! I should warn you though, if people start disrespecting his radness in your thread I'm going to boycott it altogether and NOT edify you people with my inborn knowledge of the matter.

Sorry, Mayim Bialik, you may be a vegan and that's a wonderful thing, but your rabid Zionism tips the scales, and Ken "annoying geek bro" Jennings will be my preferred Jeopardy! host from here on.

Christmas has come early this year: Jeopardy! will be Jennings-solo. Well, Bialik, that's what you get for palling around with Noa "everyone who disagrees with me is an anti-Semite" Tishby and making snarky videos.

Christmas has come early this year: Jeopardy! will be Jennings-solo. Well, Bialik, that's what you get for palling around with Noa "everyone who disagrees with me is an anti-Semite" Tishby and making snarky videos.

Do you like this shirt I'm going to buy?!

Back
Top Bottom