It’s Been 30 Years Since The Smiths Broke Up, And Fans Still Love Them - The Federalist

It’s Been 30 Years Since The Smiths Broke Up, And Fans Still Love Them - The Federalist.
By Christopher J. Scalia.

The indie-rock band's greatness extended beyond controversial moroseness into an abundance of humor, literary inspiration, and musicality in its songs.

Excerpt:
"As U2 continues its tour celebrating the 1987 release of “The Joshua Tree,” I can’t help but think that lovers of 80s rock should be turning their attention to another significant 30th anniversary: when four lads from Northern England—one of the most important and beloved bands of their generation, led by a remarkable songwriting duo—decided to go their separate ways without even the courtesy of a farewell tour.
I’m referring, of course, to The Smiths, who dissolved gradually over the summer of 1987, making it official in early August."

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
The Federalist.
By Christopher J. Scalia.

The indie-rock band's greatness extended beyond controversial moroseness into an abundance of humor, literary inspiration, and musicality in its songs.

Excerpt:
"As U2 continues its tour celebrating the 1987 release of “The Joshua Tree,” I can’t help but think that lovers of 80s rock should be turning their attention to another significant 30th anniversary: when four lads from Northern England—one of the most important and beloved bands of their generation, led by a remarkable songwriting duo—decided to go their separate ways without even the courtesy of a farewell tour.

I’m referring, of course, to The Smiths, who dissolved gradually over the summer of 1987, making it official in early August."

http://thefederalist.com/2017/08/15/30-years-since-smiths-broke/

Regards,
FWD.

Thanks for sharing FWD.
But, O gawd. Yawn.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom