It’s Been 30 Years Since The Smiths Broke Up, And Fans Still Love Them - The Federalist

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2017 (read-only)' started by Famous when dead, Aug 16, 2017.

By Famous when dead on Aug 16, 2017 at 2:19 PM
  1. Famous when dead

Famous when dead Vulgarian Moderator

It’s Been 30 Years Since The Smiths Broke Up, And Fans Still Love Them - The Federalist.
    By Christopher J. Scalia.

The indie-rock band's greatness extended beyond controversial moroseness into an abundance of humor, literary inspiration, and musicality in its songs.

Excerpt:
    "As U2 continues its tour celebrating the 1987 release of “The Joshua Tree,” I can’t help but think that lovers of 80s rock should be turning their attention to another significant 30th anniversary: when four lads from Northern England—one of the most important and beloved bands of their generation, led by a remarkable songwriting duo—decided to go their separate ways without even the courtesy of a farewell tour.
    I’m referring, of course, to The Smiths, who dissolved gradually over the summer of 1987, making it official in early August."

Regards,
    FWD.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    1. Quando quando quando
      Quando quando quando
      Thanks for sharing FWD.
      But, O gawd. Yawn.
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      From a right-wing shitrag....great
      • Troll Troll x 1
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I was trying to avoid saying how much I hate this paper. Guess I didn't succeed