"Istanbul" single (digital download) released (May 20, 2014)

Just downloaded from Amazon.
First listen - wow! Very Smiths-esque.

As noted by Ryan., the download is should also now be available to those who pre-ordered the album. CrystalGeezer notes the song is also now available on iTunes.

As mentioned by Uncleskinny, this release has not been publicized yet on Harvest Records' Twitter feed, TTY, or Morrissey's Official Facebook page.

Also now available on Spotify.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like the three songs were initially released in a low-key way to give people a taster for the album.
I'm guessing they were deliberately not sent to radio.
Istabul was received the most positively, and is now the official first single, and has been sent to radio.
XfM and 6 Music have added it to their A-lists but no-one else yet.
It will be officially released the same week as the album but physical-single release dates are a bit meaningless these days when the downloads have been available for weeks.

The Bullfighter Dies to be avalible on iTunes at midnight.

It's like a tour diary set to music.

#Ill in Illinois
Emphysema in Lima
Hungover in Hanover#

I think the accordion is mixed a little too prominently, but I do like the song quite a bit.
Totally agree. Ace tune. The kind of pop song Morrissey hasn't done in a while. I'd personally have turned the accordion down in the mix, and put the guitars at the front. But hey, nice song anyhow.

This song is not even close to Now My Heart Is Full--seriously? The lyrics here are not as engaging and personal to the listener as NMHIF. How many us have gay prostitutes for children--come on now.

It's frightfully fashionable these days.

So far, none of the new songs on this release would make a B side to the good old days of Boz, Alain, Gary, and Spencer. This group he has now--and the repetitive lyrics that are so faulty--mean another sorry release.

I tend to agree. Although Istanbul is the best of the few we've heard so far it isn't all that.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom