Istanbul postponed

Re: Istanbul Postponed

Some more tweets...

From the blogger who conducted the Vegan Logic interviews:

From Time Out Istanbul:

Google translation: "Istanbul concert is planned to take place tomorrow Morrissey was postponed due to logistical delays. Standing by for the new date."

Last edited by a moderator:

This is why the first rule for Morrissey concerts is, never ever, on pain of death, ever travel any distance to see them.

Some more tweets...

From the blogger who conducted the Vegan Logic interviews:

From Time Out Istanbul:

Google translation: "Istanbul concert is planned to take place tomorrow Morrissey was postponed due to logistical delays. Standing by for the new date."

I checked some of those tweets and some people are really afraid of his poor health. "Veganzulal" user also states that it's not a coincidence when he says "remember me, forget my fate" in London. She thinks that his health is not well. Besides that Morrissey loves Athens and Istanbul.

Last edited by a moderator:

I checked some of those tweets and some people are really afraid of his poor health. "Veganzulal" user also states that it's not a coincidence when he says "remember me, forget my fate" in London. She thinks that his health is not well. Besides that Morrissey loves Athens and Istanbul.
The flight delay excuse does seem like a pretense. A flight delay could have prevented him from arriving in Greece on time, but Istanbul too? It's been a long time since I've traveled by plane or dealt with airport frustrations, but it seems unlikely. I don't want Morrissey to be ill again, but it makes more sense than the "logistic reasons" explanation provided.

Edit: Supposing a flight delay really did cause all this trouble, it would have been prudent for the tour manager or whoever might be in charge of arranging travel for the band to schedule an earlier flight out of Dublin, as they were apparently really cutting it close.

Last edited:

What logistics problem can there be? The stage was set up in Athens and there's no difference in getting it to Istanbul regardless of the band's no-show. And are there really no flights from London to Istanbul with seats this weekend?

I assume illness or another band member on 'compassionate leave'. Place your bets on Belgrade and Zagreb happening!

best
BB

Last edited:
It's all getting a bit Freddie Mercury.

LOL
I like it how the promoters state that it was postponed for logistical reasons, then add they can't get a hold of Moz and/or his cronies. They probably just made up the logistical excuse when Moz relayed his intention not to show.
OO Istanbul with my brown eyed son. lol
Meantime, our hero has been pub cavorting with his men friends and finds himself too taxed, in failing health (multiple hangovers).
Where is Gregor to sort this out?

When he dies we may get to hear the truth about what has been going on. It might well explain that strange change that took place circa 2010/11 where he went from iconoclastic and opinionated to vile and opinionated.

When he dies we may get to hear the truth about what has been going on. It might well explain that strange change that took place circa 2010/11 where he went from iconoclastic and opinionated to vile and opinionated.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see the inconsistencies. For example, in 1987 Morrissey was wishing death on Thatcher for single handedly mutilating the working class and public services...that sentiment remains.

Meat is Murder, his position remains as it ever was.
The monarchy...again, consistent.
Johnny Rodent and the pile up death fatwa...decades ago.

He has often made shocking statements, right from the start of his career.

I suspect that you made the transition from non-entity, to vile, opinionated and always correct non-entity, possibly at birth?

And no doubt numerous poor saps flew halfway across the world to these gigs, thinking "what a great reason to visit these ancient cities"

Fool me once........

It's all getting a bit Freddie Mercury.

Not really. Right up to his death, Freddie Mercury denied he was suffering from AIDs. Morrissey, however, is quite open about having had 'cancer-related treatments', but it's not clear whether he has had an actual diagnosis of cancer or just had pre-cancerous cells removed as a precaution. There's a difference. A huge one. I suspect he hasn't had an actual Stage1-4 cancer diagnosis and is just trolling the media. It would be effortless for him to clarify whether it's a firm diagnosis or precautionary treatment to ensure cancer doesn't take hold. But he chooses not to....

best
BB

This is why the first rule for Morrissey concerts is, never ever, on pain of death, ever travel any distance to see them.

Alternatively, make the concert plans part of a trip you want to take anyway, in a place you're interested in visiting.

Not really. Right up to his death, Freddie Mercury denied he was suffering from AIDs. Morrissey, however, is quite open about having had 'cancer-related treatments', but it's not clear whether he has had an actual diagnosis of cancer or just had pre-cancerous cells removed as a precaution. There's a difference. A huge one. I suspect he hasn't had an actual Stage1-4 cancer diagnosis and is just trolling the media. It would be effortless for him to clarify whether it's a firm diagnosis or precautionary treatment to ensure cancer doesn't take hold. But he chooses not to....

best
BB

He has stated he has had cancer scrapings, I assume these are the Barretts checks he will have to have every 2/3 years or every 6 months if it has moved to dysplasia.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29524966

Alternatively, make the concert plans part of a trip you want to take anyway, in a place you're interested in visiting.

Oh, I think had I gone to Athens and Istanbul I would be too down to do the tourist stuff. That's how important he is to those that travel...and to me too, I just can't afford to. This time last Saturday I was sitting in Cafe Concerto fretting that something might happen to scupper the o2 show.

Maybe he is trying to avoid julia?
Seriously I'm a bit scared...
Btw i have a tickets for Zagreb show...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom