Istanbul postponed

Re: Istanbul Postponed

Some more tweets...

From the blogger who conducted the Vegan Logic interviews:

From Time Out Istanbul:

Google translation: "Istanbul concert is planned to take place tomorrow Morrissey was postponed due to logistical delays. Standing by for the new date."

Last edited by a moderator:

Not really. Right up to his death, Freddie Mercury denied he was suffering from AIDs. Morrissey, however, is quite open about having had 'cancer-related treatments', but it's not clear whether he has had an actual diagnosis of cancer or just had pre-cancerous cells removed as a precaution. There's a difference. A huge one. I suspect he hasn't had an actual Stage1-4 cancer diagnosis and is just trolling the media. It would be effortless for him to clarify whether it's a firm diagnosis or precautionary treatment to ensure cancer doesn't take hold. But he chooses not to....

best
BB

Morrissey has said nothing about having cancer itself. In saying what he did, murmurings of cancer related treatments he has muddied the waters, where in reality he should have either said nothing, as is his absolute right, or something more specific, instead of this odd half way house he has seemingly preferred.

It has led to articles like this, linked in the Athens thread:

"Not that everything has been ideal for him lately. [True.] Last October it was revealed that he was suffering from cancer [Not true.] and has been in treatment ever since. [Not true.] Forthcoming as always, [Not true.] Morrissey said that cancer tissue has been removed from his body four times already. [Sort of true.]

His condition is reportedly serious. [Not true.] So much so, that doctors have allegedly asked him to cut his world tour short. [Not known.] But he won't have it. [Not known.] Last week in London's O2 Arena, while performing The Smiths' "Asleep" as an encore, he told his audience: "Remember my face, forget my fate". [True.]

A fine piece of journalism that. [Not true.]

Are we agreed there is something not right in the state of Morrissey? That is plainly true, surely?

Whatever it actually is is entirely his affair, unless, as has been happening, he is booking shows he does not know he can honour. After the Athens cancellation someone blithely mentioned that people can get their ticket money back, neatly ignoring the point that fans are also taking time off work, perhaps unpaid, or taking holiday leave to attend, plus travel, plus accomodation, plus subsistence.

That can easily equate to hundreds of pounds, euros or dollars wasted. That's simply wrong. I'm not saying Morrissey is doing it deliberately, but if he is ignoring medical advice as has been reported and just hoping everything will be OK, he is gambling with his own health, and other peoples' money.

I've mentioned before I genuinely admire Morrissey fans who are prepared to roll the dice and travel hundreds of miles to try and see him. I admire them in the same way I admire those who go over the edge of Niagara Falls in a barrel: with a wry smile and a "f*** that for a game of soldiers."

Morrissey has said nothing about having cancer itself. In saying what he did, murmurings of cancer related treatments he has muddied the waters, where in reality he should have either said nothing, as is his absolute right, or something more specific, instead of this odd half way house he has seemingly preferred.

"Not that everything has been ideal for him lately. [True.] Last October it was revealed that he was suffering from cancer [Not true.] and has been in treatment ever since. [Not true.] Forthcoming as always, [Not true.] Morrissey said that cancer tissue has been removed from his body four times already. [Sort of true.]

His condition is reportedly serious. [Not true.] So much so, that doctors have allegedly asked him to cut his world tour short. [Not known.] But he won't have it. [Not known.] Last week in London's O2 Arena, while performing The Smiths' "Asleep" as an encore, he told his audience: "Remember my face, forget my fate". [True.]

Are we agreed there is something not right in the state of Morrissey? That is plainly true, surely?

Whatever it actually is is entirely his affair, unless, as has been happening, he is booking shows he does not know he can honour. After the Athens cancellation someone blithely mentioned that people can get their ticket money back, neatly ignoring the point that fans are also taking time off work, perhaps unpaid, or taking holiday leave to attend, plus travel, plus accomodation, plus subsistence.

That can easily equate to hundreds of pounds, euros or dollars wasted. That's simply wrong. I'm not saying Morrissey is doing it deliberately, but if he is ignoring medical advice as has been reported and just hoping everything will be OK, he is gambling with his own health, and other peoples' money.

I've mentioned before I genuinely admire Morrissey fans who are prepared to roll the dice and travel hundreds of miles to try and see him. I admire them in the same way I admire those who go over the edge of Niagara Falls in a barrel: with a wry smile and a "f*** that for a game of soldiers."

A Barleycorn post I actually find sensible and useful. Lots of truth in that post.

How refreshing...

Alternatively, make the concert plans part of a trip you want to take anyway, in a place you're interested in visiting.

Do people really do that, though? "I spent £700 on a round trip to Warsaw to see Morrissey, but he stormed off stage after six songs. Luckily we got to go to the Neon Signs of the Soviet Era Museum instead." Come on.

Barretts is generally caused by Acid reflux or Gerd which can flare up at any time. I have Barretts and when the Gerd flares up I can't see how he could possibly sing as one of the effects is constant burping, however if this is the case, he should simply tell the truth rather than leave everyone speculating.

Maybe he has heartburn.

Barretts is generally caused by Acid reflux or Gerd which can flare up at any time. I have Barretts and when the Gerd flares up I can't see how he could possibly sing as one of the effects is constant burping, however if this is the case, he should simply tell the truth rather than leave everyone speculating.

Don Surfacio is correct.

All I know is everyone at Chipotle was acting weird and distracted last night. The one gal threw my foil-wrapped tortilla to the cashier. FOIL in algebra is First Outside Inside Last. Tortilla is Bird for "in tears" (tor is tear, Tia is aunt in Spanish. "Auntteers") so I think something emotional is happening. I saw no unicorns. I did scream at them from the door they were out of Coke and they smiled and said okay and all five went back to their heated discussion. Then the lady at Target was weird...

Do people really do that, though? "I spent £700 on a round trip to Warsaw to see Morrissey, but he stormed off stage after six songs. Luckily we got to go to the Neon Signs of the Soviet Era Museum instead." Come on.

How on earn did you spend that much on going to Warsaw??? Did you fly from Australia?

All I know is everyone at Chipotle was acting weird and distracted last night. The one gal threw my foil-wrapped tortilla to the cashier. FOIL in algebra is First Outside Inside Last. Tortilla is Bird for "in tears" (tor is tear, Tia is aunt in Spanish. "Auntteers") so I think something emotional is happening. I saw no unicorns. I did scream at them from the door they were out of Coke and they smiled and said okay and all five went back to their heated discussion. Then the lady at Target was weird...

Yea...I need to hang out with you for an entire 12 hours and see you in action. ^^^ this is why.

I mean that in the most pleasant and positive ways, too.

Yea...I need to hang out with you for an entire 12 hours and see you in action. ^^^ this is why.

I mean that in the most pleasant and positive ways, too.

I'm hilarious irl. :D

Anyway I hope Moz is okay.

Errmagerrrrd!

Still confused about the "logistics" excuse. I take bizarre solace in knowing that Morrissey is a horrible liar. :D

Oh, I think had I gone to Athens and Istanbul I would be too down to do the tourist stuff. That's how important he is to those that travel...and to me too, I just can't afford to. This time last Saturday I was sitting in Cafe Concerto fretting that something might happen to scupper the o2 show.

Luckily of the cancellations I've dealt with, only two have come day-of with me actually in a city far away. The first time in Vegas ('99) I got totally wasted and ended up sleeping with another weary traveler who was in the same boat as I. The other time in Atlanta ('09) I stayed in my hotel room and binge-watched iCarly.

It would be a very cruel irony if the man who espouses celibacy took ill from a virus contracted through engaging in a sexual act(s).

You think he espouses celibacy because of one comment he made 30 years ago?

It would be a very cruel irony if the man who espouses celibacy took ill from a virus contracted through engaging in a sexual act(s).

He espoused celibacy over twenty years ago. :squiffy: Are you aware it is 2014? Do they have calendars in Arizona?

- - - Updated - - -

You think he espouses celibacy because of one comment he made 30 years ago?

9:48am Wavelength Buddy. :sweet:

Back
Top Bottom