"Istanbul" chart update - true-to-you.net

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
More importantly, the song has now been added to the Radio 2 and Radio 6 playlists, boosting the chances of WP debuting at number 1.
But yes, it is clear by now that the honeymoon between Moz and Harvest is already over.

More importantly, the song has now been added to the Radio 2 and Radio 6 playlists, boosting the chances of WP debuting at number 1.
But yes, it is clear by now that the honeymoon between Moz and Harvest is already over.

Thank you I was trying to post the exact same info to indicate some pick up in activity plus also:
- Posted by lukeandco on instagram: http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/...-15/10499290_278849008960931_2139746342_n.jpg
At an event last night in London organized by Music Week.
- http://daily.plaympe.com/rock-top-20-stream-june-16th-2014/ (digital distribution to radio, media).
- Finally I believe the special NME issue is coming out today.

Perhaps he is genuinely thrilled to find out he is still popular among a perhaps for him unexpected group - young, vibrant, smart people (as opposed to his old fanbase and young, vibrant, smart individuals), and he felt the need to share this exciting fact with the world.

Who care about charts? They are no longer a reflection on the quality of the music but and exercise in promotion and marketing. All of the my favourite music doesn't go anywhere near the charts.

Who care about charts? They are no longer a reflection on the quality of the music but and exercise in promotion and marketing. All of the my favourite music doesn't go anywhere near the charts.

Which, unfortunately, means the bands who make your "favourite music" are only going to release 1-2 albums at most.

It's almost certainly a Morrissey approved dig by one of his myrmidons.

Harvest will reap what they have sown. Do you think the poor sod who first raised the idea of signing Morrissey is on gardening leave yet?

OK, I have never bought a download in my life, but I thought I might buy "The Bullfighter Dies". I have looked on Amazon.co.uk and it's not listed (not as far as I can see). It's on Amazon.com so I guess I get it from there. So how are charts supposed to work and what do they represent if it's all so international these days. What does #1 in a chart for 'college radio in Germany' even mean? Does it mean that it's been played the most or requiested teh most or downloaded the most? who knows?

OK, I have never bought a download in my life, but I thought I might buy "The Bullfighter Dies". I have looked on Amazon.co.uk and it's not listed (not as far as I can see). It's on Amazon.com so I guess I get it from there. So how are charts supposed to work and what do they represent if it's all so international these days. What does #1 in a chart for 'college radio in Germany' even mean? Does it mean that it's been played the most or requiested teh most or downloaded the most? who knows?

You have to register and then you can vote for the song you want.

"Wenn du selbst die CampusCharts bestimmen möchtest, registriere dich und log dich ein. Du kannst dann in jeder Woche zwischen Montag, 20 Uhr, und Samstag, 24 Uhr, die Charts der kommenden Woche mitbestimmen."

Neither a swipe nor a boast: just the usual self-deprecation that's always been there in his banter at gigs and in many of his lyrics from The Smiths onwards. As if to say, "You know how obsessed I am about chart positions, how I love to list the chart placings of my records? Well, sadly this is the best I can manage this time..." I'm aware this won't be a popular interpretation on here as it doesn't cast Moz as a villain attacking his record company, but nevertheless I believe it's the correct interpretation.

What are the chances of the album reaching number 1?I really want it to biut looking at the performance that the singles have given, it won't...

Neither a swipe nor a boast: just the usual self-deprecation that's always been there in his banter at gigs and in many of his lyrics from The Smiths onwards. As if to say, "You know how obsessed I am about chart positions, how I love to list the chart placings of my records? Well, sadly this is the best I can manage this time..." I'm aware this won't be a popular interpretation on here as it doesn't cast Moz as a villain attacking his record company, but nevertheless I believe it's the correct interpretation.

That's sort of what I took from it. It's as if he's finding the humour in the failure. It's poking fun at how poorly it's done by celebrating the most underwhelming success. It's the same as when he says stuff at gigs like "this song was a huge hit nowhere". I'm sure there is an incredible amount of frustration under it and furious emails being sent to Harvest.

It's almost certainly a Morrissey approved dig by one of his myrmidons.

Harvest will reap what they have sown. Do you think the poor sod who first raised the idea of signing Morrissey is on gardening leave yet?

Hats off to you for a rare use of the word 'myrmidon', much underused.

P.

Do you think the poor sod who first raised the idea of signing Morrissey is on gardening leave yet?

Quite the opposite. Morrissey's stock is probably at an all-time high.
The world is increasingly obsessed with him, they've had no new album for five years, and Istanbul (effectively the lead single) is picking up brilliant reviews.
A reliable insider has described the album as Morrissey's best in decades, and the single has just been added to the playlist of the biggest radio station in the UK.
Signing Morrissey in 2014 will have proved to have been a huge amount of commercial sense, even if it transpires that the quality of the album doesn't justify the hype.
You'll see.

Oh wow. Well...it's come to this?

sttjZJA.jpg

P.

There is no thing as 'college radio' here! The 'Campus charts' - as written on the a.m. website - are only the choice of listeners to a few local radio stations (online participation possible, too)

"Jede Woche neu. Mitmachen kann jeder: Einfach anmelden und die Favoriten anklicken - jede Stimme zählt. Die CampusCharts sind die Lieblingslieder der CampusRadio-Hörer in Deutschland. Sie laufen überwiegend montags als einstündige Live-Show im Radio. Die Vorschläge für die Neuvorstellungen werden von den Musikredaktionen der angeschlossenen Funkhäuser eingeschickt. In NRW gingen die CampusCharts bereits im Sommer 1999 an den Start"

"New every week. Everyone can participate: Just sign in and click on your favourites - every vote counts. The CampusCharts are the most loved songs of the CampusRadio listeners in Germany. They are broadcasted on the radio mainly on Monday in a one hour show . The suggestions for new entries are made by the music editorial staff of the radio stations involved. In North Rhine-Westphalia the Campus Charts were established back in Summer 1999".

We don't know for 100% sure that everything on TTY comes from Morrissey, do we?

There is no thing as 'college radio' here! The 'Campus charts' - as written on the a.m. website - are only the choice of listeners to a few local radio stations (online participation possible, too)

"Jede Woche neu. Mitmachen kann jeder: Einfach anmelden und die Favoriten anklicken - jede Stimme zählt. Die CampusCharts sind die Lieblingslieder der CampusRadio-Hörer in Deutschland. Sie laufen überwiegend montags als einstündige Live-Show im Radio. Die Vorschläge für die Neuvorstellungen werden von den Musikredaktionen der angeschlossenen Funkhäuser eingeschickt. In NRW gingen die CampusCharts bereits im Sommer 1999 an den Start"

"New every week. Everyone can participate: Just sign in and click on your favourites - every vote counts. The CampusCharts are the most loved songs of the CampusRadio listeners in Germany. They are broadcasted on the radio mainly on Monday in a one hour show . The suggestions for new entries are made by the music editorial staff of the radio stations involved. In North Rhine-Westphalia the Campus Charts were established back in Summer 1999".

How much are these campus radios listened to however? We also had one at the university that I went to and I never listend to it, but the people who ran it moved on to become radio journalists at private and public radios. Things have changed during the past ten years with the internet and the different technology and amongst the universities listed there are a few rather large ones like Münster with 39,000 students and the others with 17,000 students. The Smiths ONLY became big in the U.S.A. because they and R.E.M. were the darlings of U.S. American college radio. Their music was also played at school discos in Germany, which made them known I'd say. That's where I first heard How Soon Is Now anyway, eventhough I have no clue how I ever know that THIS were The Smiths. It is something that I cannot dig out of my memory, it's not there, gone. I DO hope however that this does NOT refresh any interest in this guy with his racist, evil, f***ed up fans who enjoys to take the money but does not even try to hide that it is the least place where he'd want to play. I saw with delight that by now his records are really mainly off the record shelved, where lots used to be stocked. Never to be return there, I am surely hoping. Germany used to be a major of his, but totally unjustified. Why on earth Rockpalast even gave The Smiths an early television exposure is beyond me, but then again the WDR likes to use other people's money to further its own agenda or better the creeps who work there. Where 1Live was once established to sponsor local bands, they are now mainly wasting the money on setting up concerts for American and British arseholes that everybody could well do without.

Apart from this, did you see the article in DIE ZEIT saying that there have always been homosexual muslims? What an amazing coinsidence. Not really. Only shows that Morrissey really is a complete tool. That Johnny Marr also had an opportunity to voice his bullshit in the "I had a dream" section last year I saw recently. So the "it is their home, I am not welcomed no more" was obviously about him, that anybody really needs to know... why do such people always get a platform? They are full of themselves, nothing else. Why do such people constantly get the exposure? Because again, it matches that of the media wankers. I went to see an 80s band last week and I was horrified by all the people singing along to the 80s songs. WHEN will this finally stop that people are so easily influenced? I am wishing the days of sheetmusic back when people went to buy sheetmusic to play their own music at home. Seriously.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom