Isle Of Man - Douglas Royal Hall (Aug. 1, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / Irish Blood, English Heart / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Scandinavia / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / The Kid's A Looker / Satellite Of Love / I Know It's Over / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / People Are The Same Everywhere / Action Is My Middle Name / Speedway / Meat is Murder // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by Patrick

Last edited:
I Want The One I Can't Have
Irish Blood, English Heart
You're The One For Me, Fatty
You Have Killed Me
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Scandinavia
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
The Kid's A Looker
Satellite Of Love
I Know It's Over
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
People Are The Same Everywhere
Action Is My Middle Name
Speedway
Meat Is Murder
-----------------------------------------
First Of The Gang To Die

Last edited:
Fantastic show in what was a scorchingly hot venue. Morrissey sounded great, started the show with 'Good evening, Monte Carlo' and introduced the band by saying he found them enjoying the (non-existant) clothing-optional section of Douglas beach.

He said Julia was sick in bed and she was missing all the fun - asked 'what fun?' and handed the microphone to someone in the front row to answer who asked him if she could come up on the stage and give him a hug, which he happily obliged.

Set list was the same as most nights I think - First of the Gang was the encore. We were very close to the stage and he endured lots of sweaty handshakes. Great night.

troll

Bet Julia is as sick as a big fat pig.

Last edited by a moderator:

troll

My bet's she's jumped.Rats do that on a sinking ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what surprises me more, people still following Moz or people still caring about Julia Riley. I remember many years ago how people on the forum and in chatroom had a go at her. To think they still do when we write 2011 is just beyond belief. I just wish the world could start caring about real people and real problems instead of a an ageing artist touring the world to help his pension plan and a poor thin woman that dedicated her life to follow that artist. Yes, she does travel the world and see a few sights but it is still like travelling fast in a car instead of taking it all in on a bicycle. Time passes by quickly and so does people who became famous or infamous for nothing at all. Nothing of worth and nothing that lasts or builds up the economy or saves lives despite what some have you believe. I still wait for someone with wisdom.

Thanks Ms Melly for the review!!!! Sounds great. If Moz made an in-between song remark about Julia, then it was part of the show. I am quite happy to hear about it. She obviously has some kind of talisman role for Moz, so fair enough. The relationship is rather unique and after all these years I would miss it if she were no longer there and get the occasional greeting. Besides, she really does no one any harm at all!
Greetings to the Isle of Man!

Great review Melly . As for Julia still after all these years I don't get why she still follows him-- it's in the last few years he started mention her onstage ,before he completely ignored her.

Why they went through the trouble of practicing "Black Cloud" and "Come Back to Camden" only to be played once each, then returning to dolling out "One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell" is beyond me.

And I actually don't mind "One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell", aside from "you smell" line.

Well, the same tired setlist continues, and his nonsensical drivel about Julia. Morrissey needs to choose some better songs--or some new musicians who can play something other than "Gang," Irish Blood," etc.

He probably just pays all this attention to Julia to annoy davidt (they were rival superfans / fanzine writers, years ago), don't you think it's funny he started paying her more lavish attention after he had disputes with Morrissey-Solo..?

I don't know what surprises me more, people still following Moz or people still caring about Julia Riley. I remember many years ago how people on the forum and in chatroom had a go at her. To think they still do when we write 2011 is just beyond belief. I just wish the world could start caring about real people and real problems instead of a an ageing artist touring the world to help his pension plan and a poor thin woman that dedicated her life to follow that artist. Yes, she does travel the world and see a few sights but it is still like travelling fast in a car instead of taking it all in on a bicycle. Time passes by quickly and so does people who became famous or infamous for nothing at all. Nothing of worth and nothing that lasts or builds up the economy or saves lives despite what some have you believe. I still wait for someone with wisdom.

you spend too much time on your p.c. 'i wish theworld would care about real people' bollocks wake up, it's pull the ladder up jack and sod the rest, always has been, always will be greedy people the world over

Utter b******s I'd cross the road to avoid
David Tseng
Richard Madeley
Judge Weeks QC
Robert Smith
Colonel Sanders
Sir Elton John
Alexis Petriditis
Russell Brand
Spencer Cobrin
Boz Boorer
Andrew Rourke
Joyce
Vic Reeves

My favourite people
Nancy Sinatra
Jesse Tobias
Michael Bracewell
Julia Riley
James Maker
Jonathan Ross
Mam
Linder Sterling

www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

you spend too much time on your p.c. 'i wish theworld would care about real people' bollocks wake up, it's pull the ladder up jack and sod the rest, always has been, always will be greedy people the world over

Said the bitter journo who just lost his job at News of the world.....

So the Low Countries next! Come Back To Holland!
And all Dutch fans, don't forget that after the sold-out Eindhoven gig there will be an all night Morrissey/Smiths party at the Effenaar!
web620-AfterpartyA4_1.jpg

So the Low Countries next! Come Back To Holland!
And all Dutch fans, don't forget that after the sold-out Eindhoven gig there will be an all night Morrissey/Smiths party at the Effenaar!

As this thread is all about Julia anyway... what kind of people would go to the Lokeren Festival? Only/mainly homosexual and women hating Morrissey fans or all sorts of people, who might be a little confused about the lyrics and not get them?

Utter b******s I'd cross the road to avoid
David Tseng
Richard Madeley
Judge Weeks QC
Robert Smith
Colonel Sanders
Sir Elton John
Alexis Petriditis
Russell Brand
Spencer Cobrin
Boz Boorer
Andrew Rourke
Joyce
Vic Reeves

My favourite people
Nancy Sinatra
Jesse Tobias
Michael Bracewell
Julia Riley
James Maker
Jonathan Ross
Mam
Linder Sterling

www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com
Come on now....BOZ and ANDY do NOT belong on a list with the "judge" weeks. or robert smith. Also Russell Brand isn't that bad, he's actually entertaining...for a while anyways. And David t. provides this site for all of us, so...hmmm... All David t. did was let people say what they may. Best to stay outta that one.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom