Is Your Significant Other Obsessed...

My wife is a Morrissey fan. We met over 20 years ago when The Smiths had split and Morrissey hadn't yet started touring. So our first gig together wasn't a Morrissey one, but he turned up anyway! :guitar:

Mrs Bu69 is obsessed with my obsession, hates him (some weird jealousy thing), constantly brings up my latest purchase or gig at friends, in an attempt to drum up support for a belittling session (sad really).

Mrs Bu69 is obsessed with my obsession, hates him (some weird jealousy thing), constantly brings up my latest purchase or gig at friends, in an attempt to drum up support for a belittling session (sad really).

:eek:

Are you serious? She belittles you for you Mozzitude? In front of friends? Wow. :(

Just out of curiosity, who came first - Moz or the Mrs?

My long distance bromantic soul partner is obsessed with Serj Tankian and Claudio "Dirty" Sanchez.
He calls his left hand Serj, and his right hand Claudiohhhhh.

My ex loved country and showtunes. I was all :eek:. He was so manly...he was in the army...listening to that shit..

The only thing that my boyfriend is really "obsessed" with is physics! :lbf: He has his favorite musicians, songs, TV shows, movies, etc., but he isn't obsessed with any of them.

^^

I love the physics nerds. :thumb:

When we're not discussing music, me and the mister are usually talking Higgs bosons and supersymmetric string theory (well, he does most of the talking). :o

Did she actually tell you that she likes country music? :confused:

She has tried to play it in my car. She is no longer allowed to bring her ipod into my car and she isn't even allowed to touch my music. I remember some song about fried chicken and beer. It was tragically pathetic. I was ashamed for her. I was ashamed for my speakers.

She did ask me if I would make her my girlfriend if she bought tickets for Moz in Paris and paid for travel and all that. I told her no. I told her she needs to have $10M before I do that but secretly, it was my hatred for country music.

not in the slightest. He has his favorite reggae artists but thinks I'm mentally ill for focusing so much on one artist and seeing said artist, or any artist for that matter, more than once live. :crazy:

And by reggae she means "Snow" ;)

She did ask me if I would make her my girlfriend if she bought tickets for Moz in Paris and paid for travel and all that. I told her no. I told her she needs to have $10M before I do that but secretly, it was my hatred for country music.

By persistently remaining single a man converts himself into a permanent public temptation.

O.W.

:eek:

Are you serious? She belittles you for you Mozzitude? In front of friends? Wow. :(

Just out of curiosity, who came first - Moz or the Mrs?

We've been married 22 years, and to be fair my "Mozzitude" has at times impinged upon our married life. She does feel it to be a bit him and me. So any chance she gets to have a moan she will, belittles probably a bit strong.

My ex asked me if I wanted to put on a Hawaiian shirt and a parrothead hat so that I could accompany her to a Jimmy Buffet concert. I did the sensible thing: I told her to pack up her stuff, and get the f*** out. The nerve of some people, I swear.

You lot make me laugh - my life must be so easy. My significant other is as music mad as I am - it was one of the big attractions when we met and remains so.

Magazine are his all time no 1 band and Morrissey and TWP are the closest second imaginable. The resurrection of Magazine and the extensive Morrissey touring this year - brilliant when you have someone to share it with (although should both play on the same night in different places we'll be sorely tested)

Last edited:
So any chance she gets to have a moan she will, belittles probably a bit strong.

To be fair to her, Moz does give her plenty of material to work with. :lbf:

LUVM and I totally are besotted with Mogs (and Brian Molko) - it's the best thing having someone to share that with, I've never dated a Morrissey fan before. I think the first time we saw him together was one of the happiest nights of my life.

We've been married 22 years, and to be fair my "Mozzitude" has at times impinged upon our married life. She does feel it to be a bit him and me. So any chance she gets to have a moan she will, belittles probably a bit strong.
This could have been my answer.
Except mine would be 17 years.
Strange,but my first wife was a big Smiths fan.I left not long after the break up(no connection)

^^

I love the physics nerds. :thumb:

When we're not discussing music, me and the mister are usually talking Higgs bosons and supersymmetric string theory (well, he does most of the talking). :o

Hee hee...yep, that sounds exactly like my boyfriend and I! :lbf: My brain just doesn't work in terms of physics and mathematics, like his does, so there is never a whole lot that I can contribute to a conversation that he has about such things, unfortunately. :o Ever since we met, we joke that, together, we have a whole brain--one of us is left-brain only, and the other is right-brain only!

My ex asked me if I wanted to put on a Hawaiian shirt and a parrothead hat so that I could accompany her to a Jimmy Buffet concert. I did the sensible thing: I told her to pack up her stuff, and get the f*** out. The nerve of some people, I swear.

Man, this reminds me of an ex who wanted me to come to a Velvet Revolver concert with him. :eek: We broke up shortly afterwards. Coincidence? I think not.

Back
Top Bottom