Is Your Significant Other Obsessed...

Anaesthesine

Angel of Distemper
with a pop star?

Mine is. Mr. Anaesthesine is totally obsessed with Joan Jett - has been for years. To his credit, he thinks that Morrissey is the greatest singer he's ever heard, but he has an obsession with guitar-slingin' gals, and Joan Jett is his long-term muse.

We had a vigorous debate the other day over who was a more significant/influential figure in pop music. :rolleyes:

Anyway, does anyone else here have a spouse/lover/whatever who is in love with someone else (pop music wise)?

He's not. He likes music a lot, has favourites too, but no obsession there.

Yes. Luckily for me it's Morrissey. :D

My ex-boyfriend doesn't really listen to the same type of music I listen to. He pretty much listens to the old-school "soft rock," blues, old-school Motown, smooth jazz, and country. He's somewhat of an old-fashioned type of guy. It just sounds boring.:straightface:

My ex-boyfriend doesn't really listen to the same type of music I listen to. He pretty much listens to the old-school "soft rock," blues, old-school Motown, smooth jazz, and country. He's somewhat of an old-fashioned type of guy. It just sounds boring.:straightface:

He deserves to be an ex. He's clearly mentally deficient. I'm glad you got out before there was marriage and kids and pets to figure out what to do with.

As for me, a girl I'm dating does like Morrissey and The Smiths. It makes it easy for me to control the stereo. She does like country music though. That's probably why I won't let her be my girlfriend.

He deserves to be an ex. He's clearly mentally deficient. I'm glad you got out before there was marriage and kids and pets to figure out what to do with.

As for me, a girl I'm dating does like Morrissey and The Smiths. It makes it easy for me to control the stereo. She does like country music though. That's probably why I won't let her be my girlfriend.

Did she actually tell you that she likes country music? :confused:

You know how when you play country music records backwards you get your dog back, your get your house back, you get your girl back, etc, etc.?

I wonder if when you play a Morrissey record backwards you find the love of your life? :rolleyes:

You know how when you play country music records backwards you get your dog back, your get your house back, you get your girl back, etc, etc.?

I wonder if when you play a Morrissey record backwards you find the love of your life? :rolleyes:

Hhaaha. :lbf:

Try it! :eek:

And not to take away from the topic of significant others, but the other day I found a recording of Kashmir by Led Zeppelin backwards and the guy claimed that to listen to words backwards was to be able to control the minds of the weak or some stupid thing, then he went on to say HAIL SATAN backwards, and I couldn't help but laugh because "kashmir" backwards is roughly Rim Shak which is what I always thought was the proper word for rim shot which is what a drummer does after a joke. Satan's a joke. Satanist's are stupid in general. If the devil's really going to disguise himself and do evil, he's not going to do it as satan, he's going to dress up as John the Baptist an infiltrate his way into the world. :rolleyes: THis isn't that exact satanist recording, but still a recording of it which sounds interesting.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zh6KaRaABVs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zh6KaRaABVs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

And back to the subject, my ex sig other hated listening to all music, so if you can imagine a life like that, you can see why he's my ex.

EDIT: Maybe it is that satan dude's recording. Moron.
2nd EDIT: Okay, turns out he's making fun of satanists. Whew.

Last edited:
Hm... there may be something to that. I'll have to try it and see.

My ex-husband liked music. To be on in the background. :rolleyes: He never listened to the words.

It seems like playing a record backwards might ruin the record though, so be careful.

not in the slightest. He has his favorite reggae artists but thinks I'm mentally ill for focusing so much on one artist and seeing said artist, or any artist for that matter, more than once live. :crazy:

Yes. Luckily for me it's Morrissey. :D

I count myself lucky that the mister totally "gets" Morrissey. I was so proud of him when he finally got a hold of that shirt, and didn't let go until he was beaten back by security. True love. :D

I can't believe that, so far, no one else is a member of a two-fanatic household. Either everyone else here is single, or involved with a mature and sensible adult. :rolleyes:

I count myself lucky that the mister totally "gets" Morrissey. I was so proud of him when he finally got a hold of that shirt, and didn't let go until he was beaten back by security. True love. :D

I can't believe that, so far, no one else is a member of a two-fanatic household. Either everyone else here is single, or involved with a mature and sensible adult. :rolleyes:

Haha.

You know, I don't think I could be fully in love with someone who wasn't into Morrissey. I'm not sure about that, but I feel it's true as I write it. Maybe I'm wrong. *shrug* To not understand Morrissey and what he means to me is to not understand me, I think.

Plus, it's fun to sit around talking about Morrissey with him all the time.

Plus, we use Morrissey's tours to decide where we'll vacation.

How can something so fun be wrong? :)

My insignificant other has terrible taste in music. :rolleyes: In his defence, he does like 'Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others'.

My insignificant other has terrible taste in music. :rolleyes: In his defence, he does like 'Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others'.

That's not much of a defence... ;) (nah I like it really)

My other is currently obsessed with Brian Molko. But then, so am I. :p

That's not much of a defence... ;) (nah I like it really)

My other is currently obsessed with Brian Molko. But then, so am I. :p

I met Brian once. I didn't know who he was though. Weird, eh?

Back
Top Bottom