Is "World Peace is None of your Business" the worst Morrissey album ever

Definitely not his worst album,best album since 'YATQ' his vocals are great,musically more interesting and diverse than the last 2 albums,bonus tracks are of a high standard, best song IStanbul,worst I' m not a Man. Personally I think Kill Uncle is worst album of his whole career,In hindsight he should have saved a few singles,b-sides etc that appeared on Bona Drag for second solo album.

Let me preface this post by saying that I love Morrissey to death. In fact I gave my only son his middle name but I'm sorry but I have to say that this album just isn't doing it for me. I love all things Morrissey however this album bores me to tears. There are a few good tracks, like Bullfighter, Istanbul however other than those and maybe 1 or 2 other bearable tracks, the album is horrific. Of course this is just my opinion but I've been listening to Morrissey for over 25 years and this album just doesn't do it for me at all. Opinions welcome.....:squiffy:

tumblr_na2vfsqVZw1t4oik6o2_500.gif

This is how I would describe most of the repetitive criticism of WPINOYB. Not your criticism particularly, just the constant need to remind us we are listening to Morrissey's worst album ever.

:rolleyes:

I appreciate everybody's opinion here. That's exactly what it is, just an opinion. For me however the album is just plain hard to listen to. Thank you for all of the constructive input.

I have all his albums except this one. I listen on my ipod nano to at least 4 or 5 five songs from each album, and none from this one. I did have "Julie in the weeds" and "Forgive someone" which I downloaded, but now they are gone, deleted, kaput. The only songs I don't have on my nano and PC are songs from this album. I am usually very picky when it comes to songs but I recognise a good tune when I hear it, and this album doesn't have any that stand out for me. Morrissey is credited with writing good lyrics accompanied by decent tunes that are tightly wrapped around mood and feeling. Think Lost! Think Hated for Loving! Think Seasick! Think Wide to Recieve! Think Southpaw! Think You have killed me! Songs neatly packaged, good structure and strong lyrics.

Don't get any of that with this album. Truly Disappointed Moz!

I never bought the idea that Moz's albums have this massive difference in quality. All have a duff track or two whether it's Bullfighter, That's how people grow up or Billy Budd. In fact, every time an album comes out a lot of people proclaim it as his worst album ever. I still don't think there's much difference in quality in any of them, well, maybe KU is a tad below the rest but even that has three or four great songs.

I never bought the idea that Moz's albums have this massive difference in quality. All have a duff track or two whether it's Bullfighter, That's how people grow up or Billy Budd. In fact, every time an album comes out a lot of people proclaim it as his worst album ever. I still don't think there's much difference in quality in any of them, well, maybe KU is a tad below the rest but even that has three or four great songs.

I like Billy Budd.

Re: Is "World Peace is None of your Business" the worst Morrissey album ever

I have all his albums except this one. I listen on my ipod nano to at least 4 or 5 five songs from each album, and none from this one. I did have "Julie in the weeds" and "Forgive someone" which I downloaded, but now they are gone, deleted, kaput. The only songs I don't have on my nano and PC are songs from this album. I am usually very picky when it comes to songs but I recognise a good tune when I hear it, and this album doesn't have any that stand out for me. Morrissey is credited with writing good lyrics accompanied by decent tunes that are tightly wrapped around mood and feeling. Think Lost! Think Hated for Loving! Think Seasick! Think Wide to Recieve! Think Southpaw! Think You have killed me! Songs neatly packaged, good structure and strong lyrics.

Don't get any of that with this album. Truly Disappointed Moz!

I don't follow you. You downloaded "Julie in the weeds" and "Forgive someone" (neither actually part of the core album) and then wrote off all the other songs? I'll give you that "Julie in the weeds" is pretty uninspiring, but you should at least try a few songs on the album proper. While there are certainly faults to this album (I've outlined my opinions elsewhere on this board), there are several very-good-to-excellent songs. I would suggest you check them out.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Billy Budd.

Me too.

Re: Is "World Peace is None of your Business" the worst Morrissey album ever

So basically the album is brilliant and anyone who thinks it's garbage is a twat :)

This discussion is over then right?

It's all subjective of course.

Worst ever? Maybe, maybe not.
Ultimately everyone has their own favourites for their own reasons - for some it's the orchestral arrangements, the clever word play or may be the theme of most of the album - this leads us all to have different albums we love and different ones we love less so ('Cos we don't hate any Moz material, right? :brows: ).

I'm not thrilled with the album just yet - for me I can't connect with the lyric because I'm not overly fond of the music accompanying it. I've played for years in orchestras (admittedly not in a decade) and appreciate quite a wide range of music - but I'm a little bored by much of the album thus far - I feel currently as underwhelmed as I did when Maladjusted first came out. That said - it grew on me - I expect in time, World Peace will do the same.

For every album he gets worse but he's not alone. I think it is hard to age and still write interesting stuff. He's not going to be as emotional with age and he has loads of money and houses around the world and nothing to worry about. Yes, he worries about animals which might be a way for him to project his own personal fears which may deal with just anything.

Maybe he was jealous at the boy at school that bullied him and who happened to be the son of the wealthiest butcher in the area?

For every album he gets worse but he's not alone. I think it is hard to age and still write interesting stuff. He's not going to be as emotional with age and he has loads of money and houses around the world and nothing to worry about. Yes, he worries about animals which might be a way for him to project his own personal fears which may deal with just anything.

Maybe he was jealous at the boy at school that bullied him and who happened to be the son of the wealthiest butcher in the area?

What a crock!

It's better than YOR

See I'm juts listening to Refusal right now and I think it is FANTASTIC. Might be my second favourite 'post comeback' album. Quarry is easily the worst for mine. Funny how tastes among fans can be so different.

If you add up all the scores, it'll be his 4th or 5th best out of 10 so definitely up there in the top half.
Viva, Arsenal and Vauxhall are top 3, then it's either (the frankly dire) Quarry or (the actually miles better) World Peace.

I must say that I am truly embarrassed whenever I look at the title of this thread (my thread btw). As I have been listening more and more to the album, I must say that I truly like it. In fact I can't get the jingle "Art Hounds" out of my head.....I believe that this album requires more than a couple of sittings to really appreciate it. The lyrics are not bad at all and the music has become catchy to me. I will continue to listen in my car to really soak it in and report back later, But so far I am liking what I hear on the 3rd and 4th listen. Stay tuned..........

See? ;)

Back
Top Bottom