Is this real?

The signature looks genuine enough. If you believe it to be genuine, go for it. Story seems reasonable enough but the only guaranteed way is a photo of moz signing it and how many people can provide that?!

I'd drop the seller a message to ask where about the service station was. Did Morrissey have a drivers licence in 1989 when this single came out?

The signature looks genuine enough. If you believe it to be genuine, go for it. Story seems reasonable enough but the only guaranteed way is a photo of moz signing it and how many people can provide that?!

I'd drop the seller a message to ask where about the service station was. Did Morrissey have a drivers licence in 1989 when this single came out?

Auction ended last night.

In 1989 Morrissey didn't have a driving licence?

Last edited:
Oh well, someone either got a bargain or ripped off.

I'm not sure when moz passed his driving test. I know he hadn't when he first went solo as he had that old Vauxhall parked his garage which he couldn't legally drive.

no good unless you are called Anita.

Probably real, though, why fake one and write someone's name on it?

Oh well, someone either got a bargain or ripped off.

I'm not sure when moz passed his driving test. I know he hadn't when he first went solo as he had that old Vauxhall parked his garage which he couldn't legally drive.

garage.jpg

Does anyone know when this picture was taken?

I swear this is true!! a couple of years ago i stopped for petrol on the M62,im pretty sure we were travelling to see Morrissey in Hartlepool on his tour in 99. I was served by a woman but by her large hands,slight facial hair and deepish voice it was definetly a man,maybe that could explain the andrew|Anita name change,its a possibility though a pretty slim one lol and wouldnt the single have been a white label? i actually think the sigs genuine though

Alan

Last edited:
I had a check with the seller, she is Anita. The eBay account belongs to the family. Just wanted to clarify things up.

I asked the seller too when the auction was up this she replied:
Hi
It was exactely 21 years ago when i was 16 i used to work on a petrol station. The owner of the francise of petrol stations is good friend with Morrissey and Pete Burns. He came on the petrol station with the owners friend who was driving his car as Morrissey doesnt or didnt drive. I couldnt believ it. The owner knew how much i liked Morrissey and the next day he sent me the record signed, i was over the moon. But 20 odd years on im not so into him anymore and having a major clear out so its time for me to let it go.
Thanks for your interest
Anita
- andrew16c
sounds pretty plausible too me

i would love to know though where the petrol station was....

the thing that makes me think its fake is the story :
ARTICLE DESCRIPTION
"I have had this vinyl for over 20years Morrissey actually came on to a petrol station where i worked, i asked him for his autograph and he gave me the single and autographed it. At the time the single hadnt been released."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom