Is there escape from Morrissey

  • Thread starter Matt Bianco ruinned my life
  • Start date
M

Matt Bianco ruinned my life

Guest
I've been a fan for almost 20 years and sometimes I feel I can't move on with my life because of him, I mean, there's no point in buying anthing if it's not by The Smiths or Morrissey cuz any of their records make the rest of my colection completely obsolete. Also, I remember reading that awful book by Mark Simpson and the only thing that I indentified myself with was the fact that Mark Simpson had the same thing about Morrissey, this feeling of loving him so much that you wanna runaway from him. I would like to know from the rest of you guys, cuz I don't have many friends who are into The Smiths/Morrissey, do you go through the same thing?
 
J

Jones

Guest
It's nothing to do with Morrissey. If you feel this way it means you are an obsessive personality and if it wasn't Morrissey it would be someone or something else.
 
E

Erieswan

Guest
Moz doesn't know you, doesn't know your name, and if you were to die tomorrow, wouldn't bat an eye. So why obsess over someone who doesn't care if you live or you die. I know what you are saying and I know when i was in my teens I felt that way about Moz but now that i'm 30, i realize that what we know of Moz is what Moz wants us to know. We are manipulated to feel this way and to see him in a certain way, in a near subhuman way, he has actively and successfully projected an image of himself through the use of media and photgraphy and it is what he is known and loved for, but what is him and what is image. The way you feel is normal but quite unhealthy. You and all of us have been manipulated, some of that manipulation penetrates others more deeply. Moz was the same way once and as he matured and become more social and involved with real people rather than pictures and voices, his mental health improved.. its a good thing to want to see people and to see life.

> I've been a fan for almost 20 years and sometimes I feel I can't move on
> with my life because of him, I mean, there's no point in buying anthing if
> it's not by The Smiths or Morrissey cuz any of their records make the rest
> of my colection completely obsolete. Also, I remember reading that awful
> book by Mark Simpson and the only thing that I indentified myself with was
> the fact that Mark Simpson had the same thing about Morrissey, this
> feeling of loving him so much that you wanna runaway from him. I would
> like to know from the rest of you guys, cuz I don't have many friends who
> are into The Smiths/Morrissey, do you go through the same thing?
 
M

Matt Bianco ruinned my life

Guest
I know what you're saying...but just one correction, I've met him once in 2002 through a friend, I thought I would be truly disappointed but he was quite nice, signed a bunch of my records and also signed on both of my wrists (which I had to get tattooed over straight after).
 
M

Matt Bianco ruinned my life

Guest
hang on...

"...and also signed on both of my wrists (which I had to get tattooed over straight after)."

That didn't sound unhealthy at all.
 
M

Matt Bianco ruinned my life

Guest
> Are you sure it's Matt Bianco who ruined your life?

Haha, that's because I dated Basia in the early 80's.
 
E

Erieswan

Guest
Re: hang on...

You are caught in a fantasy that Moz knows you, remembers you, one day will want to be your friend or more, its okay but its strange that at your age you still would feel like this. Sometimes I think I do too but it doesn't last. Moz has met thousands of fans since meeting you, and beleive it or not, many are far more obsessive, but does that mean they love him more than you or me or anyone else? No. I suspect that you live a pretty mundane life and admire his jet-setting life. Have you been to England?

> "...and also signed on both of my wrists (which I had to get tattooed
> over straight after)."

> That didn't sound unhealthy at all.
 
E

Erieswan

Guest
Re: hang on...

Oh wait, you seem to be IN ENGLAND!. Scratch that...

> You are caught in a fantasy that Moz knows you, remembers you, one day
> will want to be your friend or more, its okay but its strange that at your
> age you still would feel like this. Sometimes I think I do too but it
> doesn't last. Moz has met thousands of fans since meeting you, and beleive
> it or not, many are far more obsessive, but does that mean they love him
> more than you or me or anyone else? No. I suspect that you live a pretty
> mundane life and admire his jet-setting life. Have you been to England?
 
M

Matt Bianco ruinned my life

Guest
Re: hang on...

> Oh wait, you seem to be IN ENGLAND!. Scratch that...

Well, I don't feel like he knows me, but he remembers me for sure as I showed him some of my Smiths tattoos and we spent some time talking (as my friend James from Gallon Drunk introduced me to him)
 
E

Erieswan

Guest
Re: hang on...

And i guess if you asked him today if he remembered you and he says that he does, it means that he does? Perhaps he would just be being polite. Just because he is "nice" doesn't mean that he is what you think he is.
In fact, its more likely than not that he's not what we think he is, that's why he has to intentionally project that image so that way he says as the Moz we love rather than the Moz he is. Nobody likes too much reality. I mean hello, Moz does have an image consultant and likely had a spanish cleaning lady cleaning his Hollywood house, does that sound like the Manchester man we want to hear more about? No... it isn't is it?

> Well, I don't feel like he knows me, but he remembers me for sure as I
> showed him some of my Smiths tattoos and we spent some time talking (as my
> friend James from Gallon Drunk introduced me to him)
 
E

Erieswan

Guest
Re: hang on...

I meant that way he STAYS as the Moz we love rather than the Moz he is.

> And i guess if you asked him today if he remembered you and he says that
> he does, it means that he does? Perhaps he would just be being polite.
> Just because he is "nice" doesn't mean that he is what you think
> he is.
> In fact, its more likely than not that he's not what we think he is,
> that's why he has to intentionally project that image so that way he says
> as the Moz we love rather than the Moz he is. Nobody likes too much
> reality. I mean hello, Moz does have an image consultant and likely had a
> spanish cleaning lady cleaning his Hollywood house, does that sound like
> the Manchester man we want to hear more about? No... it isn't is it?
 
M

Matt Bianco ruinned my life

Guest
Re: hang on...

> I meant that way he STAYS as the Moz we love rather than the Moz he is.

Is not even the image anymore....as I said, any other band/ artist's record becomes obsolete if you have The Smiths/ Morrissey in your collection and sometimes if I listen to some stuff that I kinda like (i.e. old EBTG, New Order, Shelleyan Orphan, Oingo Boingo, Wygals) it feels weird. I've tried to runaway from Smiths/Morrisseymany times, I had to sell my collection God knows how many times, then regret it and buy everything all over again cuz I realised it was a mistake, I dunno how many times I had to rebuilt my colection.
 
M

Mozzy's Little Spanish Cleaning Lady

Guest
Re: hang on...

He is a very nice man, but he leaves crumbs all over the floor.
 
M

Matt Bianco ruinned my life (cable.ubr06.dals.blue

Guest
last thing

I have a sort of Morrissey shrine I suppose outsiders would call it. I have every single news clippling, record, CD, the full lot. I have a whole room dedicate to this, with the centre-piece being a sort of make shift alter. My friends thinks it's a bit odd, but I visit that room 6 times a day, and pray to him on a wooden step next to the alter.

Recently it has become overtly sexual also, I won't go into it too much, but you can imagine how I engraciate myself over certain images of Morrissey. My mother whom I live with is becoming increasingly concerned, and thinks I should go and live in Rome to be nearer to him. I am considering this but am unsure of apartment prices out there. I may just go over and get a job near where he lives, (I managed to find his address out there)

Time will tell.
 
E

Erieswan

Guest
Re: hang on...

You can't be that obsessed if you've even sold your collection even ONCE. I still have the first albums I bought of Moz/Smiths on cassette. I still have the Bong Drag sleeve from the cassette but wore out the tape. Have CD now.

> Is not even the image anymore....as I said, any other band/ artist's
> record becomes obsolete if you have The Smiths/ Morrissey in your
> collection and sometimes if I listen to some stuff that I kinda like (i.e.
> old EBTG, New Order, Shelleyan Orphan, Oingo Boingo, Wygals) it feels
> weird. I've tried to runaway from Smiths/Morrisseymany times, I had to
> sell my collection God knows how many times, then regret it and buy
> everything all over again cuz I realised it was a mistake, I dunno how
> many times I had to rebuilt my colection.
 
Q

Quentin Jon o' Par

Guest
Re: Nice try Simpleton (com)

One can only see one simpleton in this thread.
 
I

If it's not Moi

Guest
hahah Moi!!!!

The idiot who uses LOL to describe his stupid laughter, CUNT!
 
Q

Quentin Jon o' Par

Guest
Re: hahah Moi!!!!

> The idiot who uses LOL to describe his stupid laughter, CUNT!

It is called netiquette, don't you know?
 
Top Bottom