is there any way to erase my profile and all my posts?

lilikoi

what can I do????? heeeelp! EVERYONE can read all my posts - even unregistered members. I want out please - who do I contact?

Last edited:
what can I do????? heeeelp! EVERYONE can read all my posts - even unregistered members. I want out please - who do I contact?

We don't as a rule delete profiles. If you don't want to use it, then the answer is to stop using it.

Peter

stop using it. great. I have stopped using it a long time ago but all my posts can be read by unregistered members, which is not standard on forums. normally only registered members can read peoples posts. because of this lack of privacy I would like to get my profile erased and this should be possible. who is the admin that can do this please?

stop using it. great. I have stopped using it a long time ago but all my posts can be read by unregistered members, which is not standard on forums. normally only registered members can read peoples posts. because of this lack of privacy I would like to get my profile erased and this should be possible. who is the admin that can do this please?

There is no such 'standard on forums'. Go back and delete whatever posts you want to delete. Or else I can delete your account and they will all be set to 'guest'.

hi davidt, thanks for the reply. I made the mistake to post a link to something with my real name. and someone replied quoting my post. so there is no way for me to delete this since someone else quoted it. when I google my real name I get to this post and then everyone (if they are indeed bored enough to be interested....but hey, you never know...) can read all my kooky posts for all eternity. makes me feel pretty uncomfy... I'm not on many forums but on all the other ones only registered members can read posts. I guess deleting my account and only appearing as a guest would be better than nothing. so go ahead. thank you!

and what I mean by everyone being able to read peoples posts is actually the function of looking at someone's profile and being able to click "view posts" and get a list of all the posts by this person. this function really should be for registered members only and usually is, at least on all the other forums I'm on.

and what I mean by everyone being able to read peoples posts is actually the function of looking at someone's profile and being able to click "view posts" and get a list of all the posts by this person. this function really should be for registered members only and usually is, at least on all the other forums I'm on.

You should remove the data from your posts you don't want to be searched by others.

hi davidt, thanks for the reply. I made the mistake to post a link to something with my real name. and someone replied quoting my post. so there is no way for me to delete this since someone else quoted it. when I google my real name I get to this post and then everyone (if they are indeed bored enough to be interested....but hey, you never know...) can read all my kooky posts for all eternity. makes me feel pretty uncomfy... I'm not on many forums but on all the other ones only registered members can read posts. I guess deleting my account and only appearing as a guest would be better than nothing. so go ahead. thank you!

Do you have the link to the quoted part with your name? I can remove that. Eventually search engines will pick up the change.

pffft, what's so hard about deleting someone's account?
yeah actually....there should be a delete function for members. like there is everywhere else in cyberspace. facebook - twitter - myspace - and everthing else I can think about. it's usually part of siging up deal to be able to delete an account when fed up with it. something to think about on moz solo???

yeah actually....there should be a delete function for members. like there is everywhere else in cyberspace. facebook - twitter - myspace - and everthing else I can think about. it's usually part of siging up deal to be able to delete an account when fed up with it. something to think about on moz solo???

vBulletin software gives a freedom for its users to delete their posts including archived posts.

You should search the threads you posted (user profile --> find latest started posts / threads --> click edit --> delete post).

I really don't have the time to delete 1641 posts one by one. I do have a limited time on earth ;-)... I thought this subforum is for suggestions. well I strongly suggest this forum let members delete their accounts.

I really don't have the time to delete 1641 posts one by one. I do have a limited time on earth ;-)... I thought this subforum is for suggestions. well I strongly suggest this forum let members delete their accounts.

This has been covered before. Writing on the site is like life - something said can't be 'unsaid'. At least you have the opportunity to remove posts. If anything I would prefer to delete that option.

You know which posts are causing you trouble, you can delete the ones picked up by google search then your problem will be solved.

yes, I got it - I will be on this site for all eternity and there's nothing I can do about it. the lesson for me here is never to register to any site that does not let me quit it in the future. anyway, thanks for deleting that post for me.

yes, I got it - I will be on this site for all eternity and there's nothing I can do about it. the lesson for me here is never to register to any site that does not let me quit it in the future. anyway, thanks for deleting that post for me.

If there is something you posted you have a problem with deleting or some other privacy matter then PM me as you did before with the reason.

actually I just checked another music forum I'm on and there's no deleting either. and you can't delete posts there either! (BUT you have to be registered to get a list of a members posts! and that is a very good thing!) I guess I was spoiled from facebook, twitter etc. the lesson here is not to write anything that isn't meant to be eternalized for the universe to read on any kind of forum or to stay very anonymous ;-)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom