is there any Myrtle Beach footage?

Can somone please just upload the f***ing show???:confused:

Hey now! I know you're not usually a rude person, so I'm not gonna flame you for your PMS-y outburst ;).

I'd love to hear more from The Boyracer why he's not allowed to share the boot, but if he can't say, then that's okay.

I posted the bit below in response to someone wondering why videos of Moz in concert were so scarce this year:

I don't know what you mean. There are lots of bits of footage here and there from people's crap mobile phones and cameras that take short bursts of video. FDR shot quite a lot for us as well. Thanks!

If you're wondering about full-length concert viddies, hmmm...could it be the difficulty of sneaking in a video camera?

Have you tried it yourself?

I notice you're from Ft. Lauderdale. Moz played Boca Raton nearby you. Did YOU video record the show and share it freely on this board? If not, why not?

As for me, I stopped because it was personally too much of a hassle. You can't enjoy the show, you can't get up close to Moz, and you risk losing expensive equipment. I wasn't going to resume video recording any more Moz shows anyway, but seeing some of the whiny, demanding, and ungrateful posts (not yours -- this isn't an attack on you) on here is just another reason why I'm not motivated to do it. And maybe that's the same reason footage is difficult to obtain here.

I think a big reason that recordings are so scarce from the US is the securtiy is a lot more difficult to get through than in Europe. In the UK I usually walked straight in with my gear already set up. In the US I have to sneak in every single bit of it. In the US we have pat-downs at almost every venue, and electronic wands or walk-through metal detectors are now pretty common. Then you have the goons who are just crowd spotters whose sole job it is to watch the people in the crowds from doing whatever they perceive to be against the rules. Recording in the US is nowhere near as easy as in the UK.

Now, I did tape a few gigs this tour. I know that 90% of the shows have been recorded on audio and there are about 5-6 on DVD. Some are stunning, some aren't. Why haven't they been shared? Well for one, if I upload the recordings I struggled to tape I then don't have anything to trade out for something that someone is holding onto. Second the 'Robin Hood' attitude of a few people on this board have put me off from ever sharing my stuff again in a public forum. (Insert "Flac-lord" type comment here). People re-up my recordings after trashing the SQ, no thanks. Third, I cannot stand the grovelling of people who went to a show (or many of them) then come here begging for recordings the very next day. Gig recording is simple, and has been explained many times but hardly anybody takes initiative and RECORDS. If more people recorded instead of scrapping to get front-row center at the gigs, then there would be more stuff circulating.

Just my personal view. Now, if anyone got good recordings from this tour, please drop me a line. I have a few things to trade;)

Last edited:
I guess, if you have been away, here's the links to the clips I took for eight shows:

http://www.youtube.com/SDHigbie

The vid is decent and the sound is great. Sorry Myrtle isn't included. Security was tough. It seemed that they were OK with pics but not video, most of the time. Drifter did it well by staying way back but getting a camcorder in isn't as easy. I like being closer so I can get stuff like picks (got 13) and setlists (got 45).

Speaking of Robin Hood attitudes...

Robin Hood: steal from the rich to give to the poor. This is the attitude a few of the uploaders here have. They feel the need to liberate the recordings for "the people", yet don't tape a damn thing themselves. They think they're doing the community good but they're ruining the sharing community by disregarding tapers requests and then insulting them and laughing about it. See SNS22 for more information.

Last edited:
Knowing that there is Myrtrle Beach footage will have to be good enough for now. I hope it is shared sooner rather than later but great things come to those who wait, I guess.
Hey Robert, is it a good quality recording-the one you heard? I guess I really want to know if Bye Bye Blackbird was caught on audio? I would love to hear that again. Just beutiful-I still think it has to do with Michael Vick (Atlanta Falcons quarterback and guilty of arranging dog fights).
Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom