Is there any Moz/Smiths song you wish was never recorded?

The Seeker of Good Songs

Is there any Morrissey or Smiths song that you find so awful that you wish it had never been recorded?

I'm just throwing out the question.

Personally I don't. Some aren't as good as others but all have their worth.

Just half the tracks on Kill Uncle, but since I see others like them I feel bad for wanting them destroyed. God, how I hate that album! :(

andy_fozzy said:
That's Entertainment.

I prefer Moz's version to The Jam's

Bengali an Platforms and Breaking Up The Family are pants. Also, America Is Not The World made me scared to listen to the rest of YATQ

Funny, I actually quite like break up the family!

There aren't that many Smiths/Moz songs that I wish were never recorded .. I just maybe sometimes wish Miserable Lie had a different tune to it, that's all.

How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel. It makes me kinda embarrassed to listen to this song near people who don't like Moz but know that I do. I can imagine them thinking "Oh, so this is the kind of music he likes. Okay, we get the picture..."

"Sorrow Will Come In The End". Although-- does that thing even qualify as a song?

Get Off the Stage, Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice, Pregnant for the Last Time, and All the Lazy Dykes. :(

Last edited:
I take back all my wishes. As long as someone likes the song it should have been recorded. Just because I don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't bring anyone else joy. Shame on all of you for such negative thinking. hehe just kidding.

Wilde is on my side said:
Nooo! I love Golden Lights! I love the way his voice sounds, makes me giggle.

Am I the only one that likes it?!
I quite like it actually as well. Although it does remind me of Christmas songs.

davdavon said:
How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel. It makes me kinda embarrassed to listen to this song near people who don't like Moz but know that I do. I can imagine them thinking "Oh, so this is the kind of music he likes. Okay, we get the picture..."

Hehe, good description.
Yeah, not a fan of that one either, at all.

Golden Lights
Redondo Beach
How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?
The Father Who Must Be Killed

I think Golden lights is really awful

I am not into At amber much neither, nor half of Maladjusted

I actually quite like Kill Uncle - listened to it yesterday in its entirety for the first time in a while - but Found Found Found is really weak.

Wilde is on my side said:
Nooo! I love Golden Lights! I love the way his voice sounds, makes me giggle.

Am I the only one that likes it?!

Quite possibly yes :D

He does sound cool, I'll grant you.
But it really is quite bloody terrible!!

You just have to come to terms with it my friend.
Have you spoke to a Dr about it?

:D

Some of you are disturbing me now.

That's Ent.....
Please. I know Paul Weller is a c**t,
but that is DEF his song, and really should stay that way!!!

And Break Up The Family :eek:
Shit this is a superb tune. It means allot to me personally.

But we are all different, and this topic could go on forever.
(A bit like the 'Length or girth' topic :eek:

Stitchell said:
I prefer Moz's version to The Jam's

Bengali an Platforms and Breaking Up The Family are pants. Also, America Is Not The World made me scared to listen to the rest of YATQ

Welll I suppose you do call it "Breaking Up the Family" but its still no excuse and how you can prefer Moz's version of a bona-fide classic is beyond me. Are you American? Cos the lyrics of Breaking (sic) conjure up, to me, a peculiarly British imagery of delidated comprehensive schools.
Possibly agree on America Is Not The World though

Heres my list;

Golden Lights
Work is A Four Letter Word
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
Get Off The Stage (well its embarrassing now that he's nearly 50 himself isn't it!)
We Hate It When Our Friends... (only redeeming feature being "and if they're Northern, that makes it even worse")
Dagenham Dave
The Operation (more pertinently the drum solo!
Do Your Best And Don't Worry
Ambituous Outsiders
Papa Jack
He Cried
Roy's Keen (a catchy tune ruined by the insipid lyrics)
Sorrow Will Come In the End.
This Is Not Your Country.
All The Lazy Dykes (beautifully sung but...)
America Is Not The World (ditto)
You Know I Couldn't Last (Moan moan moan. MOAN. Moz stop moaning about something which few people can relate to)
Noise Is The Best Revenge (ok never officially recorded but... still cac)
The Public Image

Must say I ain't too familiar with the ROTT B-sides apart from those off You Have Killed Me and Ganglord (oh and Song From Under...) so the jusy's still out.

dilapidated

Back
Top Bottom