Is there a market for Smiths CD singles?

I have a few.

Namely

Panic (RTT193CD)
ASK (RTT194CD)
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (RTT191CD)
Barbarsim Begins At Home (RTT171CD)
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now (RTT156CD)
Last Night I dreamt that somebody loved me (RTT200CD)
Stop Me If you think youve heard this one before (4 track Line Records EP incl Girlfriend in a coma LICD 9000440)
Sheila Take A Bow (Line records Mini CD incl Shoplifters and Panic LICD 900308)
Sweet & Tender Hooligan (reprise 4 track CD release with Cornelius Carr cover)
This Charming Man (WEA 2 CD Single re-release with the new york mixes on disc 2)
There is a light that never goes out (WEA re-release with the Sandie Shaw versions of Hand in Glove, I don't owe you anything and Jeane.

Thanks in advance.

Are you selling your CDs?

**edit**
boy afraid Liverpool originally posted this in general discussion which is not appropriate, so it has been moved to Marketplace forum.

Last edited:
I would be interested to know what they would be worth if I decided to.

2 Kids don't get cheaper as they get older!

I have a few.

Namely

Panic (RTT193CD)
ASK (RTT194CD)
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (RTT191CD)
Barbarsim Begins At Home (RTT171CD)
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now (RTT156CD)
Last Night I dreamt that somebody loved me (RTT200CD)
Stop Me If you think youve heard this one before (4 track Line Records EP incl Girlfriend in a coma LICD 9000440)
Sheila Take A Bow (Line records Mini CD incl Shoplifters and Panic LICD 900308)
Sweet & Tender Hooligan (reprise 4 track CD release with Cornelius Carr cover)
This Charming Man (WEA 2 CD Single re-release with the new york mixes on disc 2)
There is a light that never goes out (WEA re-release with the Sandie Shaw versions of Hand in Glove, I don't owe you anything and Jeane.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, i can't give you values (try to seach older ebay auctions for a reference) but a general statement:

The first 5 MXCD came out in 1988 first time on CD on Rough Trade; you see them on ebay rarely. Nice collectors items, but no 100 GBP rarities. 'Last Night..' was the only MXCD released together with the 7" and 12" in 1987 - i would assume it is rarer that the 'reissues' from 1988. The rarest one, 'The Headmaster Ritual' MXCD (Rough Trade, 1988), is not included ion your list. This was withdrawn due to sleeve copyright issues.

The German issues on Line Records were even rare in Germany at the time of pressing. They have unique tracklists, that for they are looked after were much.

You can find the last three discs of your list - the reissues from WEA (1992) and Sire (1995) - without problems, so i assume they will not sell for a lot of money. Yet.

When I bought my copies a few years ago, you had to pay between £28 and £40ish apart from Ask which is worth less and ofcourse The Headmaster Ritual which fetch more money. But it appears now, their values have dropped by about a half?

They are certainly nice collector pieces.

if anyone is interested drop me a private message

Can someone who has sold before give me a bit of help.

If I am selling these on E-bay am I best to sell them individually or as a job lot? Obviously if I do part with them then I want to see them achieve a decent price so I would appreciate any hints/tips.

Back
Top Bottom