Is the Pulp reunion turning out to be a big wasted opportunity?

Razorblade

I mean, there must be many of us who don't really care if Jarvis never performs the His 'n Hers/Different Class repertoire again...but would walk 500 miles to hear two hours of highlights from Freaks, Masters, Hardcore and We Love Life (maybe with a few of those early obscure songs like Maureen and Silence thrown in).

And to make matters worse, they're reissuing the Fire albums but NOT putting that pesky Masters b-side back in its proper place. NOR are they restoring the likes of Coy Mistress, Everybody's Problem, What Do You Say...etc - never mind Srpski Jeb and all those other 1984-5 rarities.
They've even failed to remember that the single mixes of Masters and They Suffocate were different (and better) to the album versions!
This is Pulp's first golden era (the other one being Hardcore/We Love Life) - and they seem determined to marginalise it!

nah

Awwww, tonight's gig at Brixton Academy was really fantastic!!

The set list was 100 times better than last Saturday's Reading festival.
Particularly I never thought they'd play Sheffield Sex City and Countdown which were the highlights of the show.

They started using laser beams to sending some messages around 20:50, the gig ended 23:15!

I regretted not going to see previous night's gig.

Have to agree Pulp @ Brixton last night were brilliant. The first time i have ever seen them live, Jarvis is still a great frontman, he owned that stage. Hope i don't come across as sounding old but they just don't make band's like them anymore. There are rumour's of an arena tour in the UK before the end of the year ?

I mean, there must be many of us who don't really care if Jarvis never performs the His 'n Hers/Different Class repertoire again...but would walk 500 miles to hear two hours of highlights from Freaks, Masters, Hardcore and We Love Life (maybe with a few of those early obscure songs like Maureen and Silence thrown in).

Speak for yourself. I still love hearing all of those songs. It's the comeback tour after a long hiatus, that has involved almost all festivals now. Do you really think that they are going to start throwing out stuff from It or Freaks at festivals after they have been away 10 years? I personally can't ever tire of hearing Pink Glove or Underwear, etc live. I saw them four times this summer, including last Wed. at Brixton, and enjoyed every one of them (Primavera Festival still by far the best IMO). It was great to hear Wickerman, Countdown, and O.U. etc last week, but I just thought that it was great to see them again no matter what they played really.

I for one wouldn't walk five paces to hear anything from Freaks, Masters or We Love Life performed, I have to admit. Pedestrian and inconsequential records all. As far as I'm concerned, Pulp effectively begins with Separations and ends with Hardcore - 4 straight great albums.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom