Is the HIG Negative Sleeve on EBay Genuine?

Discussion in 'Marketplace archive (read-only)' started by Ann Coates, Sep 14, 2006.

1. norah

norah Junior Member

Hi Dallow_bg,

In the Decibel studio they recorded two songs: The Hand That Rocks The Cradle and Suffer Little Children. You have to keep in mind that this was recorded in 1982 not a very long time after Morrissey and Marr met. There's a lot of interesting things to say about these 'premature' versions. I think Morrissey's voice is much better on Suffer Little Children then on The Hand That Rocks The Cradle. In fact, you hear that this really was the beginning. These versions are longer then the ones on the first album (I'll provide the timings if someone is interested, but I don't have these details here with me now). You can read some more about these in Simon Goddards book. What I found strange, was that Goddard actually heard a version where the 'Hindley girl' hisses the names Lesley, Edward, John. Indeed they are one the tape, but when I mixed it, I had to write down the timing where she sings this part because it's rather silent. I had to raise the volume of this track (16 track tape!) at the point she sings these names. Keeping this track (of the voice of 'Hindley') on high volume, added too much noise. So, if you just draw a regular mix out of this tape, you won't hear the hissing of these names. One of the 16 tracks also contains the piano coda as used in Asleep. In this part you can vaguely hear children screaming etc. I also have another seperate (cassette) tape where these screaming children were recorded on. This is sooo Morrisseyesque. What I found very interesting, and not mentioned by Goddard, is Morrissey sighing and laughing in this coda part, really really strange, if not bizarre. The 'Hindley' girl also creates some effects like clapping wooden sticks (I guess) and stirring a spoon (I guess) in a glass.

Well, I actually have no experience with mixing/producing and I think a pro can make something really nice out of it. The sound quality is really excellent.

As for the so called bedroom tape, it just contains the Cookies' cover of 'I Want A Boy For My Birthday'. They brought this tape to Dale Hibbert to have a listen at what they (Morrissey and Marr) were up to. This is really beautiful, touching. I think Morrissey's voice is really good here. The sound quality is excellent. You can hear the 'start recording click' and the 'stop recording click'. Oh yes, the versions I mixed from the Decibel tape contain the counting in the beginning etc. because I didn't want to 'delete' any 'sound' from that tape. This mixing, I did about 11 years ago.

Ok, I'll have another listen one of these days and I'll let you know about the lyric changes...

Cheers,
    Koen

2. BoyRacer

BoyRacer Back from the grave

Dude we gotta get copies of this ... i just got wood reading about it so you know these tapes gotta be sweet.

So lets start hashing out a deal to get these. Then we can make our own observations of them. Lets get some figures on the table to see what we have to work with. I was telling some people about this thread and these guys are willing to pool in some resources as well to get copies. What says you?

3. 2-J

2-J Member

First norah should name a ballpark figure, so we know what we're aiming at. (well when I say 'should' I don't mean to be rude to norah - just if he / she was willing to consider the possibility of selling to a fan representative who collected the donations).

Then someone would need to contact davidt because without him the thing would never get off the ground, and it'd need a sustained main page appeal to work.

4. BoyRacer

BoyRacer Back from the grave

We need dallow_bg to act as our mouth-piece for negotiations, having him work with davidt who would be our main focal point for transaction purposes.

First off we need a ballpark figure for what were looking at to get ahold of these. From there we can start working on taking up a collection to aquire the required funds.

5. norah

norah Junior Member

I think he disappeared...

Koen

6. serious

serious New Member

Yes, I disappeared, I'm a ghost.
    Koen, where are the MP3 samples you had to post during the weekend??? Let us hear these wonderful remixes you did.
    When I will get a digital camera I will take the picture, hopefully before I ship, otherwise I will ask the buyer to do it.

7. serious

serious New Member

I won't until the tapes have not showed up

8. Vic Strangeways

Vic Strangeways Junior reMember Me

Who put the 'P' in professional? Certainly not you.

9. serious

serious New Member

I'm afraid it has nothing to do with the 'P' but with the 'T' of timewaster

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  10. norah

norah Junior Member

Jeez Fernando, I knew you were dodgy, but this is beyond imagination.

I can't believe I'm actually answering this, but I can't stand you'll be ripping off some people tonight (when your fake ebay listings end).

I proposed a deal, which you rejected (please have a look at some posts above).

Another member of this board (jdfjmdf) asked you to provide a specific picture (MIM 12" run out grooves). He posted his proof upon your request. If he did so, you were happy to post yours, I quote: "First prove you do actually have it, post a photo of the runout groove and then I'll be happy to do it." (please see posts above) Now you're punishing someone else who might be genuinly interested in your items because you didn't accept my deal.

Yesterday, jdfjmdf asked you where your picture was. You didn't even answer him/her. Why? Multiple posts of serious every day, except this weekend...

Actually, YOU are the one selling items NOW on ebay. People have questions and time is running... Again, you try to hide behind my tapes. Are we on planet Earth?

This thread started on the question whether the ebayed items are genuine or not. All of a sudden, the Decibel reel is more important.

You try to tease me now, so that I would post some material here and have some asshole lawyers threatening me because it's illegal. You know there are a lot of people watching this thread. I would have gone through this shit if you had the guts to relist your items on ebay without bidders kept secret.

Here's another deal (since time is running): you appoint a well established collector of this forum, or someone else with the necessary knowledge, and if this person agrees, I will call him/her (before the expiration of your ebay stuff) and I will 100% (!) proove I have the Decibel reel. Any volunteers? And you will post the asked picture or relist your items without bidders kept secret. You dare?

Simon Goddard, please appear...

Ok, Fernando, show us your mental age now, shoot!

Koen

11. serious

serious New Member

Let's see who is fake here. We'll see it soon.

Just a trick to avoid posting the samples. Remember, there are plenty of members here who asked for this proof, but you are still trying to avoid to provide this proof.

jdfjmdf who probably is you, or connected to you and then to the fake user ID's which are interfering with my auctions. Each and every user ID has been reported to ebay and not through the usual contact form but in a legal form!

The same people who are trying to interfere with my auctions thorugh illecit actions.

If we look at this threadd we'll se lotsa posts from other members who are only interested in "your" tapes, if they really exist.

Ahahh, you wrote "now I have the tools to make some samples and I'll do during the weekend".
    And suddenly uoi have again fear of lawyers threatenings? JOKER!

Sorry but you must be a 13 years old kid if you write such idiot things.
    Prooving through another guy who will say "he actually owns them" and prooving through some samples it's the same thing, legally speaking.
    Here's the definitve proposal...if you are legit...run an ebay auction and sell it to the high bidder and set as payment method PAYPAL only. If you have nothing to hide, if you are the legit owner of these tapes as you claim, list the tapes on ebay. You will not sell the copyright, you will sell the medium only. So you do not have to worry since you are the legit owner of the tapes, as you claim. Let's see if you will list them on ebay. Go Koen Go.

12. jdfjmdf

jdfjmdf Member

I really could do with the pic before the auction ends, what are you hiding?

13. serious

serious New Member

I'm trying to fuck the high bidder who will pay by Paypal with his credit card, who will file a chargeback to have his money back, who will report me to ebay/Paypal, so I will be banned from ebay and I will never see a cent from Paypal. I must be very smart.
    Com'on jdfjmdf, oops sorry, norah list the tapes on ebay and let's see who is hiding something!

14. jdfjmdf

jdfjmdf Member

You are carrying out a classic ebay 'sting'; listing a number of high value items at the same time, getting the money and then disappearing.

This idea that Paypal will protect the buyers is bollocks. You just take the money out of the account and then there's nothing they can refund.

I seriously advise anyone to avoid these auctions, you will lose your money.

There, I've said it!

15. serious

serious New Member

Well, do you know what a chargeback is ?? Forget Paypal. Do you know what a chargeback filed to Visa or Mastercard means? If you do not know it, shut up. I'm tired of this shit and someone can even believe your trash, Jonny/Norah?! Anyone who does not feel comfortable paying with a credit card can even ask for escrow. Well, now tell me a seller can scam someone else through escrow. But I'm sure you do not know this company, and how their service works. This is an ebay owned company. www.escrow.com The seller does not get the payment until the buyer has not received the merchandise and he's not pleased with it.
    Well, we do accept escrow transactions too!!!

16. jdfjmdf

jdfjmdf Member

I know all this.

Another point worth mentioning is that your Meat Is Murder 12" is a counterfeit. Produce the photo I asked for of the catalogue number in the run-out. Until then just shut it!

17. serious

serious New Member

of course, we sell fakes through escrow. The reason for this is unknown to me since we would never see the money this way. I'm afraid you have exhausted your shit, Jonny/Norah?!

18. jdfjmdf

jdfjmdf Member

It's still a fake however you sell it.

And I'm not just saying this because someone managed to spell "The Smiths" wrong on the paper sleeve either.

Produce the photo and stop waffling on about escrow, paypal, the tapes etc etc etc...

19. serious

serious New Member

Sure and we wanna sell it through escrow only to waste our own time.
    Really smart, jdfjmdf/norah/jonny.

20. NIPPON

NIPPON Junior Member

Lets Just All See The Photo And Stop Being A Tit