is Rufus Wainwright going down the Morrissey path?

Suzanne

He wrote his version of "America is not the world" ("Going to a Town"), but even more bizarrely, he appeared on Letterman wearing Lederhosen. Yes, he wore Lederhosen. While singing. For no apparent reason.

Granted Morrissey never would have worn Lederhosen (even if he will dress like a sailor or a priest), although I'm surprised he hasn't made the band wear it.

He wrote his version of "America is not the world" ("Going to a Town"), but even more bizarrely, he appeared on Letterman wearing Lederhosen. Yes, he wore Lederhosen. While singing. For no apparent reason.

Granted Morrissey never would have worn Lederhosen (even if he will dress like a sailor or a priest), although I'm surprised he hasn't made the band wear it.

I adore the Lederhosened Rufus! And the befrocked Morrissey! More fancy dress please..Rufus is on a Teutonic kick at the moment. And yes I would mention Moz and Rufus in the same breath- he's just a baby compared to Moz but he appeals to my romantic,if somewhat camp & operatic, side. From what I can tell, there's crossover aplenty between Rufus & Moz devotees. I consider myself a hybrid..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom