Is routine circumcision right or wrong?

Should parents have their children's body parts surgically removed w/o med necessity?

• Total voters
Have we done testicles yet? A well-presented pair of plums is a treat oft overlooked in our assessment of male beauty, IMHO.

My favorite plum
Hangs so far from me
See how it sleeps
And hear how it calls to me
See how the flesh
Presses the skin,
It must be bursting
With secrets within,
I've seen the rest, yes
And that is the one for me
See how it shines
It will be so sweet I've been so dry
It would make my heart complete
See how it lays
Languid and slow
Never noticing
Me here below
I've seen the best, yes
Maybe a girl will take it
Maybe a boy will steal it
Maybe a shake of the bough will
Wake it and make it fall
My favorite plum
Lies in wait for me
I'll be right here
Longing endlessly
You'll say that
I'm foolish to trust
But it will be mine
And I know that it must
Cause I've had the rest, yes
I've seen the best, yes

Let me clarify that when I voted "should" I meant "should have the right to decide to." I don't really care what parents of boys decide to do. If I had a boy, I'm not sure I'd circumcise him.

Actually, that's what the original poll question was, but you can tell I had a problem with the word limit :o

Basically, what we've learned is what influence Culture makes on people's choices. I mean supposedly, I hear that in parts of Bulgaria and Hungary women don't shave their body hair.

And Chinese used to wrap tightly baby girls' feet to make them smaller.

Did we already have a women's pubic hair (bare vs. hair) poll?

A long time ago. Time for new one?

Actually, that's what the original poll question was, but you can tell I had a problem with the word limit :o

And Chinese used to wrap tightly baby girls' feet to make them smaller.

A long time ago. Time for new one?

While we're on the subject of strange forum customs, what about those people who stick rings in their neck to elongate them?

While we're on the subject of strange forum customs, what about those people who stick rings in their neck to elongate them?

I saw that. And some people cut their lips and have wooden plates inserted in them.

400px-Kayan_woman_with_neck_rings.jpg

:horny:

I saw that. And some people cut their lips and have wooden plates inserted in them.

:horny: :horny: :horny:
Surma%20lip%20plate%20bride.JPG%20web.JPG

So you want those poor girls to grow up ugly and shunned because they weren't allowed to undergo their culture's typical body mutiliations?

Yes. If all of them grew unmutilated, that would set the new standard of normalcy. You have to start somewhere. After all, Chinese women all have normal feet nowadays.

So you want those poor girls to grow up ugly and shunned because they weren't allowed to undergo their culture's typical body mutiliations?

If a ringed woman breaks her society's taboos, her rings are forcibly removed and she is cast out from her village. Forced to support her head in her hands, as her weak, stretched neck cannot support her head unaided, she can neither work nor forage and her chances of survival are dismal.

If a ringed woman breaks her society's taboos, her rings are forcibly removed and she is cast out from her village. Forced to support her head in her hands, as her weak, stretched neck cannot support her head unaided, she can neither work nor forage and her chances of survivals are dismal.

Oh my. She'd better do as she's told, then.

Yes. If all of them grew unmutilated, that would set the new standard of normalcy. You have to start somewhere. After all, Chinese women all have normal feet nowadays.

99% percent of them did before, anyway. It was only the nobility that bound women's feet, IIRC.

If a ringed woman breaks her society's taboos, her rings are forcibly removed and she is cast out from her village. Forced to support her head in her hands, as her weak, stretched neck cannot support her head unaided, she can neither work nor forage and her chances of survival are dismal.

Sick as that is, you have to give whoever invented those rings some credit for sheer ingenuity.

Aww, you found a graph, thank you! :)

The thing was, women with normal feet worked in the field, which was a hard life. So parents tied their daughters feet to spare them from it, because that's how they had a chance to live in the city and marry a merchant or some other non-peasant.

Aww, you found a graph, thank you! :)

The thing was, women with normal feet worked in the field, which was a hard life. So parents tied their daughters feet to spare them from it, because that's how they had a chance to live in the city and marry a merchant or some other non-peasant.

So you're saying that those parents should have kept their daughters' feet intact, thus pretty much condemning them to a life of poverty & servitude? Thanks, mom & dad!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom