Is routine circumcision right or wrong?

Should parents have their children's body parts surgically removed w/o med necessity?

• Total voters
It turns out it's all about money nowadays...

Imagine this scenario: someone could make money if people stopped doing natural and beneficial things for their newborn children. So people stop doing them.

One would think people are smart enough not to go for it, but one would be wrong. First they do it because they're led to believe it's good for their children; later they do it because that's what's been done for generations.

The stigma attached to breastfeeding and to the uncircumcised penis proves it.

That's part 3; here are part 1 and part 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid to click on your video but your summary is 100% accurate.

It turns out it's all about money nowadays...

Imagine this scenario: someone could make money if people stopped doing natural and beneficial things for their newborn children. So people stop doing them.

One would think people are smart enough not to go for it, but one would be wrong. First they do it because they're led to believe it's good for their children; later they do it because that's what's been done for generations.

The stigma attached to breastfeeding and to the uncircumcised penis proves it.

That's part 3; here are part 1 and part 2.

That video is great. Completely destroys any argument in favor of circumcision. I can't believe how many people think the issue is a joke... all because it is the "normal" thing to do. The concept of it is disturbing: We cut off skin from the male genitals for absolutely no good reason. It ain't for health, religion, masturbation, or beliefs anymore. We do it just because.

EDIT: Watch it, they blur out all the bits and pieces (a.k.a. the good stuff).

Last edited by a moderator:
I know one person who is circumcized. But I accept that, because he had some problems with his... dick.

But I certainly don't accept girl's circumcizing.

Last edited:
I know one person who is circumcized. But I accept that, because he had some problems with his... dick.

I hope he wasn't disappointed with the outcome.

Some people actually like to modify their genitals; I've seen some weird penises on the internet :p

I hope he wasn't disappointed with the outcome.

Some people actually like to modify their genitals; I've seen some weird penises on the internet :p

Well I think it's okay it they want to modify their own genitals... but what some muslims do to the girls... urgh...

Well I think it's okay it they want to modify their own genitals... but what some muslims do to the girls... urgh...

Why Muslims? Christians do it too. It's a matter of culture, not religion.

And seven day old boys can't decide to modify their genitals, it's not their personal choice.

Christians dont circumcize girls.

Christians don't circumcise, period :p

But some cultures circumcise girls, boys, or both, and Christian members of those cultures do it too.

"The protestant missionaries who first settled in Kikuyu terrain were generally very much against female circumcision (unlike the Catholic or Orthodox churches, which interfered little in local society), and by the late 1920s and 1930s many missionary organisations, notably the Presbyterian Church of Scotland, were actively trying to suppress it. This was done by insisting that converts to Christianity had to denounce the practice by signing or thumb-printing a written declaration. Otherwise, they were told, they could not become Christian.
This led to great controversy, as many converts believed that the practice had nothing to do with their being Christian, and that its suppression was an affront to their culture and traditions. The problem was that the missions also provided schools, and the education they provided was essential if a Kikuyu was to have any hope of paid employment, which had been made necessary by the colonial policy of herding the Kikuyu into overcrowded 'native reserves' and later the 'protected villages' where traditional agriculture and herding was barely a means for survival.
Nonetheless, a large number of converts decided that they could not abandon female circumcision, and instead set about establishing new churches and schools which were independent of the missions (in this, they were helped by the Catholic and Orthodox churches). There, they could practice Christianity with the liberty of their traditional practices, and would also gain the education they needed for employment. Their independent status, incidentally, also helped pave the way for the fight for national independence in the 1950s. Their stance against the colonial attitude about circumcision made them a focal point against colonialism. In was in these independent schools that the ideologies of nationalism and self-government developed."

http://www.bluegecko.org/kenya/tribes/kikuyu/circumcision.htm

But I certainly don't accept girl's circumcizing.

If someone wants a circumcision I think they should be able to have it if they really do want it, but I don't understand how it is bad if girls in Africa and southwest Asia have their genitals cut apart for sick religious and anti-sexual purposes, and it is good to have a doctor do it to baby boys in the west for no reason at all. I'm not saying one form of genital mutilation is worse than the other or that both are just as terrible, but they are all unnecessary. I just hate moral relativism.

Goodness, every time I hear of a virgin without a hymen it turns out she had a horse riding accident when she was ten :rolleyes:

Masturbation is nothing to be ashamed of, ladies. They know we do it too. They found out in the nineties.

If that's the case, then why didn't the bride whose husband denounced her on her wedding night just say that she liked to flick her bean now & then? Why confess to having bumped uglies?

I wonder whether that old dude in your Penn & Teller video can come up with a non-surgical way for women to "tug" a broken hymen back into existence.

If that's the case, then why didn't the bride whose husband denounced her on her wedding night just say that she liked to flick her bean now & then? Why confess to having bumped uglies?

You mean, flick her bean and hump other vegetables? I don't know, maybe Qur'an forbids doing stuff with plants. Are animals allowed, btw? As long as they're not pigs?

My theory is that the bride welcomed the easy way out of her marriage with brute, so she lied about bumping uglies. It was good for her, actually - imagine finding out what your spouse really is like when you already have a couple of children.

I wonder whether that old dude in your Penn & Teller video can come up with a non-surgical way for women to "tug" a broken hymen back into existence.

Um... maybe some chemicals could shrink vagina. I think tugging would beat the purpose :guitar:

Yay... another wonderful gory tradition!

Ashura%20Child%20Cutting%2001.jpg

http://iranpoliticsclub.net/animation-graphics/ashura3/index.htm

Just look at the joy on her face. Nothing can bring a mother and child so close like cutting the child and spilling his blood. I'm so glad that this tradition is still alive, even though it's, you know, the 21st century.

Back
Top Bottom