Is Ricky Wilson the wittiest pop person since Morrissey?

In a word? No.

No, he's a ghastly individual.

JIM

no. and he also seems to be a right smug twat now too.

I like the Kaiser Chiefs, but they'll probably never reach the heights of their heroes Blur. In the 90s Britpop stakes they would've been also-rans, but as it's already 2007, I think they're pretty good. I'm seeing them in Tokyo soon.

Anyway, No, not in the same league as Moz in any respect.

Ricky Wilson used to be guitarist for B52s.
Good Good stuff!

(unfortunately he died in 1985)...

:D That was the first thing that sprung to mind for me as well.

I don't like the Kaiser Chiefs and I thought I didn't like Ricky Wilson, but I thought he was ace when he presented Never Mind The Buzzcocks (and fit too!)

Oh dear, lots of antagonism towards the KCs!
I'm not a huge fan but 'Modern Way' and 'You Can Have It All' are two of the finest songs of recent times.

The indie world is generally peopled by over-earnest, humourless, dim-witted, drips (Gary Snow Patrol, Chris Coldplay etc) so people like Ricky Wilson are a breath of fresh air.

Liam Gallagher described the Kaiser Chiefs as a 'crap blur'.
RW retorted; 'I think we're actually a quite good Blur', and if you can't see the self-deprecatory, comic genius in that quip, my argument will clearly be lost on you!

What I don't understand is all the hipsters hate Kaiser Chiefs but love Maximo Park who sound exactly the same.

Similarly, The current indie darlings The Shins, sound exactly like Crowded House who I bet most hipsters would sneer at.

What I don't understand is all the hipsters hate Kaiser Chiefs but love Maximo Park who sound exactly the same.

Similarly, The current indie darlings The Shins, sound exactly like Crowded House who I bet most hipsters would sneer at.

Maximo Park sound like the KCs? not sureeee about that one (at all) ;)

Back
Top Bottom