Is really Morrissey using Instagram?

Gejo

I don't have time for stupidity
Hi all! On 9th October I was selected randomly by a Morrissey Instagram account. I found it suspicious, but when I started to exchange messages, the other person said he was Morrissey himself. I still find it odd, not knowing if I should trust the person behind it as the real Morrissey. Do any of you know if it is for real? The account is called morrisseyofficialig. If someone is using his name for something else, it should be find out. Just finding it suspicious, because he never said he had an account in any social media site. If it is him, happy to exchange messages.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-28-09-32-56.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-28-09-32-56.png
    254.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2018-11-28-09-36-09.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-28-09-36-09.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 0
Hi all! On 9th October I was selected randomly by a Morrissey Instagram account. I found it suspicious, but when I started to exchange messages, the other person said he was Morrissey himself. I still find it odd, not knowing if I should trust the person behind it as the real Morrissey. Do any of you know if it is for real? The account is called morrisseyofficialig. If someone is using his name for something else, it should be find out. Just finding it suspicious, because he never said he had an account in any social media site. If it is him, happy to exchange messages.
No. Leaving aside the issue of 'Why would Morrissey do that?'.... He has a very distinctive writing style: florid, grandiose language, little quirky weirdnesses of phrasing, and usually some sting in the tail, a bitch at somebody or a self-deprecating comment... this doesn't even attempt to sound like him. In fact it sounds more like a 20-year-old messaging his mates. Sorry. it's just another sad f***er getting off on duping people.

That's what I thought Peppermint. His writing didn't came across right. I already blocked him after publishing this. If someone is being contacted, be suspicious. I find it quite BAD someone is using his name for, perhaps other aims.
No. Leaving aside the issue of 'Why would Morrissey do that?'.... He has a very distinctive writing style: florid, grandiose language, little quirky weirdnesses of phrasing, and usually some sting in the tail, a bitch at somebody or a self-deprecating comment... this doesn't even attempt to sound like him. In fact it sounds more like a 20-year-old messaging his mates. Sorry. it's just another sad f***er getting off on duping people.

That's what I thought Peppermint. His writing didn't came across right. I already blocked him after publishing this. If someone is being contacted, be suspicious. I find it quite BAD someone is using his name for, perhaps other aims.
There seem to be a few of them about... that Wratten bloke springs to mind. I find it weird, more than anything. Glad to hear you blocked him.

Yes, and he has just a few strange fans on his list with no many posts. They don't look AT ALL like Morrissey fans, some how. Also addressing me saying 'hi mate!' was VERY odd. Anyway, if anyone else read this and they are contacted by this account... BE AWARE!!! I just hope there was a way of stop disgusting people who are using his name in such a way.

Yes, and he has just a few strange fans on his list with no many posts. They don't look AT ALL like Morrissey fans, some how. Also addressing me saying 'hi mate!' was VERY odd. Anyway, if anyone else read this and they are contacted by this account... BE AWARE!!! I just hope there was a way of stop disgusting people who are using his name in such a way.

Hi Mate,
Yeah that was someone pretending to be me. Glad you didn't send those pictures they asked for.
Cheers,
Actually Morrissey

However, there is an account on IG called officialmoz. Is that in fact official and real?

I believe the IG one cited is nothing to do with Morrissey or BMG - it has constantly played catch up with the main official sites and hosted (now deleted) images that neither would ever post.
If you look at the earlier posts currently there, it's clear why the account isn't verified.
Regards,
FWD.

There seem to be a few of them about... that Wratten bloke springs to mind. I find it weird, more than anything. Glad to hear you blocked him.

Hi Peppermint, which accounts is this Wratten bloke behind and how do you know it is him? Surely if Wratten was a fraudster, Morrissey would hardly turn up on stage last Friday in a blue rose shirt!

I believe the IG one cited is nothing to do with Morrissey or BMG - it has constantly played catch up with the main official sites and hosted (now deleted) images that neither would ever post.
If you look at the earlier posts currently there, it's clear why the account isn't verified.
Regards,
FWD.

That's a fair assessment. It's worth noting that most all of the online marketing for LIHS has been trash. Whether or not that comes at Morrissey's management's request is anyone's guess. At least they had professionally-shot music videos to work with this time around.

Hi Peppermint, which accounts is this Wratten bloke behind and how do you know it is him? Surely if Wratten was a fraudster, Morrissey would hardly turn up on stage last Friday in a blue rose shirt!
I find the whole business so pointless that I couldn't begin to have an opinion. But if people are wetting their knickers over him wearing a shirt with blue roses as opposed to, say, pink giraffes, then good for them.

I find the whole business so pointless that I couldn't begin to have an opinion. But if people are wetting their knickers over him wearing a shirt with blue roses as opposed to, say, pink giraffes, then good for them.

You were quick enough to have an opinion that this poor Wratten fellow was a fraudster - no doubt based on Uncle Skinny telling everyone.

It is blatantly obvious that there is NO fraudster, and Morrissey is behind not only the BRS, but a number of Twitter accounts. If you think this is pointless, then what on earth are you doing on a Morrissey fan site? Any genuine Morrissey fan would wet their knickers at the thought of interacting with their hero - my knickers are f***ing soaking!

Donna

I got a personal message via Twitter purporting to be from the main man, when I questioned the writing “ he” blamed a new keyboard, I also asked exactly when did English become his second language, I must of upset him as I’ve never heard from him again ..... my chance blown !

You were quick enough to have an opinion that this poor Wratten fellow was a fraudster - no doubt based on Uncle Skinny telling everyone.

It is blatantly obvious that there is NO fraudster, and Morrissey is behind not only the BRS, but a number of Twitter accounts. If you think this is pointless, then what on earth are you doing on a Morrissey fan site? Any genuine Morrissey fan would wet their knickers at the thought of interacting with their hero - my knickers are f***ing soaking!

Donna
Dear Donna, that's a bit more information than any of us need, thanks. And I am a fan, but not a deluded cult member.
Yours
Peppermint

Evidently, "Gary Numan" has been contacting people asking for money lately. That was probably the next step for "Morrissey."

I couldn't see him doing this, ever.

Donna

Back
Top Bottom