Is Noel Gallagher friends with Moz?

not_me_not_I

Yes, I'm sure this question has been answered elsewhere - just direct me there.
I got sucked into watching "The Importance" again and am wondering from what basis Noel appears to speak so authoritatively about Morrissey. Are/were they friends?

Yes, they're quite close.

No. Fan and idol, as ever, but not really 'friends'.

Friendly, rather than "friends" I guess.

I think Morrissey said some mildly disparaging things about their music (and lyrics) at one point, but eventually relented and said they, Oasis, had done so much for Manchester music.
I think the fact that Gallagher highly praised Morrissey's solo gigs went a long way. I get sick of hearing celebs praise The Smiths but rarely Moz solo -- it's a cliche.

in word 03 moz spoke in lovingly manner about them and told
he met both brothers and talked with them:noel in australia and liam elsewhere. noel is obv a big fan , f.e. played there is a light acoustic and being a fan defending him as he did it in the docu. bestest of friends i wouldnt say but obv a liking between them,not only because theyre both from the north..

Noel posted on his blog a year or two ago that Moz was on the guest list for an LA gig and said he hoped he'd show. He did and quipped to Noel 'Have you got any new moves?' which I thin was in ref. to the incident in Canda when Noel got pushed off the stage. Noel called this 'genius'. So, they definetely dig each other...or did :)

And what about Bono, is he friendly with him too? I was watching a documentary on Youtube and they were both giving their two pennies worth but I can't image Mozza being friends with him but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom