Is Moz such a nice person?

He is not a very nice person. But he is a profoundly damaged person. Still, though, look at all the people who have known him in life who all share one characteristic: they will not talk about him. They demur. It doesn't make sense that they're truly afraid of him taking legal action--they are afraid of hurting him. It would be like kicking a puppy who's just pissed on your shoe. It doesn't know any better.

He is not a very nice person. But he is a profoundly damaged person. Still, though, look at all the people who have known him in life who all share one characteristic: they will not talk about him. They demur. It doesn't make sense that they're truly afraid of him taking legal action--they are afraid of hurting him. It would be like kicking a puppy who's just pissed on your shoe. It doesn't know any better.

Yeah sure. If now you could just exclude all those people Moz wasn't particularly unfriendly with but just stopped talking to (maybe because they wanted to be too close or just because their relationship faded which happens with many friendships and acquaintances)? That would be nice because then your "evidence list" of Moz being NOT a nice person would be much smaller.

Yeah sure. If now you could just exclude all those people Moz wasn't particularly unfriendly with but just stopped talking to (maybe because they wanted to be too close or just because their relationship faded which happens with many friendships and acquaintances)? That would be nice because then your "evidence list" of Moz being NOT a nice person would be much smaller.

Are you mentally ill? Serious question. Every single thread where someone disagrees with Moz on anything, and there you are. It strikes me if he knifed the tyres on disabled kids' wheelchairs you'd find a way to rationalise it.

Last edited:
I applaud his PETA activities and stance on meat eating., As for his attacks on other people (including the royals etc. ) if he has to make such statements, then I wish he would direct his attention at the real problems in society like ISIS Muslims (and most Muslims in fact on account of their accpeting the situation) and their blanket threat they post. But like most musicians they prefer not to comment on this problem.

Morrissey can dish it out, but reacts like a child when someone criticises him. I think he was always that way - coddled by his mother to a ridiculous degree, lacking in emotional maturity, and just narcissistic in general.

The childlike thing reminded me of this quote from Jo Slee from Uncut magazine: "I think he has very high expectations of people, and he's very quick to take umbrage, or to feel let down, and you don't often get a second chance. That's childlike. He's very extreme in his emotional reactions to people. He's always been intensely suspicious, actually finding it intensely difficult to trust people. I actually feel like he's been indoctrinated against trusting people at some stage in his life."

There's also a great quote in the same interview, though annoyingly it's credited only to 'an insider': "It goes back [again] to Kenneth Williams. When did he turn off? Did he sit in front of his friends and do that f***ing stupid voice? You put on the mask and the mask becomes the person. There's nothing left except the persona. Morrissey had become a c***. Perhaps he'd always been a c***. But maybe if he wasn't such a c*** he wouldn't have made the brilliant records he did."

And yes, ultimately it is the records that are important here. Everything else is just flimflam, really.

Certain people learn rather quickly that they don't fit in. They keep trying but get hurt or screwed over in the process. Where once they upped in headfirst they now out a toe in as a feeler and go from there, usually getting burned anyway. The fact these people are still in the game of life...trying...is testament to their tenacious personalities. These people are the ones giving and giving and trying, but they always seem in the wrong place at the wrong time or agree to terms and situations believing in flexibility but then learning each side was on a different page. It's tiresome and exhausting. No one wants issues and problems, but in order to move forward, protect themselves, their values and morals, sometimes the fists must come out.

What appears to be is not always as it really is. Please remember this. xx

"splitting" or seeing people in black and white and going off them so profoundly sounds like borderline personality symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom