Is Moz such a nice person?

Dienne

The continual vitriolic outbursts and lashing out on his tty page are numerous and I can't help thinking he should learn to chill out and live and let live a bit more. Getting so wound up can't be good for him.

The sacking of his staff and band members at whim. Like a big arrogant power trip.

His misogynstic descriptions of women and snidey remarks in his autobiography and the nasty treatment of Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce, he sounds so embittered.

It's a shame all this detracts from his genius and brilliance as a writer.

His lack of sociability and charm makes me think he's not a narcissist just a misanthrope.

Why did such a lovely, witty sweet guy turn into this?

The continual vitriolic outbursts and lashing out on his tty page are numerous and I can't help thinking he should learn to chill out and live and let live a bit more. Getting so wound up can't be good for him.

The sacking of his staff and band members at whim. Like a big arrogant power trip.

His misogynstic descriptions of women and snidey remarks in his autobiography and the nasty treatment of Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce, he sounds so embittered.

His lack of sociability and charm makes me think he's not a narcissist just a misanthrope.

Moz has always been a narcissistic bitch. Who fakes the unloveable crap too make himself seem like a martyr. He has never been a good boy. He hates everyone in the world including himself since he was born. He just happens to be very very talented. Or manipulate. I'm not sure. He could be one great big joke on us all. The saints are those around him not himself

You don't know him personally. You don't know what he's really like so stop with the assumptions.

Last edited by a moderator:
He likes polemic, to criticize and, above all, to contradict. He lacks diplomacy and tends to dissipate his energy. He cannot stay in the same place, likes change even if it means a backward step in his professional career.

His professional life is unstable. He has a taste for the Arts, is a dreamer, is easily influenced and romantic. She is emotional and very sensitive.

None of us really know him personally. People's public persona can be quit different than their personal ones. He makes hyperbolic statements about public figures. I don't think this means we all know that he's a terrible personal or anything like that. Some people on here are just hateful.

I think he's better than he wants to seem. Really good, but not a goody. I believe he's just a person who likes playing games and roles too. Kinda modern Hamlet. Existence is only a game, you know ;)

I've been listening to 'All You Need Is Me' recently and it sums up my feelings about Moz, funnily enough

Not only are his public statements increasingly stupid, I also disagree with how he has treated davidt (owner of this site)

But he can still come up with great songs and I can't do without his music...

I've been listening to 'All You Need Is Me' recently and it sums up my feelings about Moz, funnily enough

Not only are his public statements increasingly stupid, I also disagree with how he has treated davidt (owner of this site)

But he can still come up with great songs and I can't do without his music...

I'm the same - no other singer reaches me in that way, it's the lyrics, the different topics he tackles means he is never boring and fact he is still putting out new stuff that still interests.

That extraordinary tapping into people's feelings and expressing it so originally and cleverly makes me expect more from his humanity. I can't reconcile that with the way he treats people and cuts them down. Ultimately he's causing himself to becoming embittered which I guess would make people feel alienated.

But I do hope Moz does start to chill a bit with age though I feel his pain with all that ed sheeran/Sam smith posh spice averageness being hyped to death but we are sadly in the minority and it's giving time to that kind of dross that would make me feel miserable, not listening to glorious Smiths music.

None of us really know him personally. People's public persona can be quit different than their personal ones. He makes hyperbolic statements about public figures. I don't think this means we all know that he's a terrible personal or anything like that. Some people on here are just hateful.

Your problem is that Morrissey insists his pubic/private personas match, that he is not just another Obvious Troll Is Obvious post-modern hack, but 4Real, but that's not going to stop you or the rest of the Cult from endlessly insisting there's a rationale for his bullshit. As for 'hateful', I'd say Viva Hate, but it's easier just to let you drone on....

best
GOBB [Anarchist Archivist-Autofiction#007 Etc]

Your problem is that Morrissey insists his pubic/private personas match, that he is not just another Obvious Troll Is Obvious post-modern hack, but 4Real, but that's not going to stop you or the rest of the Cult from endlessly insisting there's a rationale for his bullshit. As for 'hateful', I'd say Viva Hate, but it's easier just to let you drone on....

best
GOBB [Anarchist Archivist-Autofiction#007 Etc]

Thanks. I was waiting for your permission.

I don't think he was ever 'sweet'. If you look back at those interviews from back in the Smiths days, he was just as full of vitriolic bombast towards practically everyone who wasn't in the band. I think the difference was, that when he was younger, it seemed charmingly arch and amusing for a willowy, flower-waving, young Oscar Wilde-loving man in the 80's to simultaneously display the attitudes of a moaning old git from the 1930's. There was a sense that both Morrissey, and all of us, were laughing along at some of the outrageously vitriolic statements he made.

Fast forward 30 years, and the same vicious hyperbole no longer seem arch or funny from a late-middle aged, world-weary millionaire. He now sounds like a charmless crank a lot of the time, and the wit is either largely absent, or has been replaced by godawful unfunny puns ('Jamie Orrible', 'MacDonna' etc).

I love Morrissey AS AN ARTIST, but I think it's clear that even from the very early days, he was a largely unpleasant character in real life. As the years have stripped away his more charming aspects, we are left with the revelation that he really IS an unpleasant, self-obsessed narcissist who seems to be largely consumed by burning hated for everyone else. It's a shame, but there it is. He was ever thus - we were just blinded by the surrounding wit, charm and outrageousness of youth.

I don't think he was ever 'sweet'. If you look back at those interviews from back in the Smiths days, he was just as full of vitriolic bombast towards practically everyone who wasn't in the band. I think the difference was, that when he was younger, it seemed charmingly arch and amusing for a willowy, flower-waving, young Oscar Wilde-loving man in the 80's to simultaneously display the attitudes of a moaning old git from the 1930's. There was a sense that both Morrissey, and all of us, were laughing along at some of the outrageously vitriolic statements he made.

Fast forward 30 years, and the same vicious hyperbole no longer seem arch or funny from a late-middle aged, world-weary millionaire. He now sounds like a charmless crank a lot of the time, and the wit is either largely absent, or has been replaced by godawful unfunny puns ('Jamie Orrible', 'MacDonna' etc).

I love Morrissey AS AN ARTIST, but I think it's clear that even from the very early days, he was a largely unpleasant character in real life. As the years have stripped away his more charming aspects, we are left with the revelation that he really IS an unpleasant, self-obsessed narcissist who seems to be largely consumed by burning hated for everyone else. It's a shame, but there it is. He was ever thus - we were just blinded by the surrounding wit, charm and outrageousness of youth.

^THIS!

best
GOBB

God are people dramatic. And it's quite sad that his own "fansite" gets distracted by stories. As you are all adults you should be so rational to sit down and think a bit for yourself. I did it myself and it was quite enlightening. For every person he supposedly fell out with I can list two people who are still friends or who aren't friends anymore but had never a falling out but just a simple phasing out. There are two people I met who are/were close to him and who know him since a long time (Chrissie Hynde, Chas Smash) and both told me that Moz is MUCH more open and tolerant today than when he was young and that certain characteristics are misunderstood and put way out of proportion. There are also many people in his life no one knows about not even the people around here. Most of his life is private. But think what you want.

God are people dramatic. And it's quite sad that his own "fansite" gets distracted by stories. As you are all adults you should be so rational to sit down and think a bit for yourself. I did it myself and it was quite enlightening. For every person he supposedly fell out with I can list two people who are still friends or who aren't friends anymore but had never a falling out but just a simple phasing out. There are two people I met who are/were close to him and who know him since a long time (Chrissie Hynde, Chas Smash) and both told me that Moz is MUCH more open and tolerant today than when he was young and that certain characteristics are misunderstood and put way out of proportion. There are also many people in his life no one knows about not even the people around here. Most of his life is private. But think what you want.

this is not a fan site, its a hateful online creche

Fairness is one attitude that you support, and opposing social aspects where unfairness and injustices is being expressed can almost become a personal crusade. Social discrimination and taking social advantage of those unable to resist can cause your passions to rise, leading to social activism designed to resist such encroachments on individual rights and liberties. You dislike seeing the waste of resources, social and material ones as well as the waste of human potential. This can lead to supporting human-potential-raising groups, or ecological activists calling for new attitudes towards the excessive negative exploitation of nature's reserves.

You tend to have a social vision of harmony, where equity is achieved and social respect for all is found, rather than any unbalanced divisive situation of haves and have-nots. Concepts of the values of community or global thinking will be preferred, and you like to believe that what you are attempting is beneficial to others. If you become active in such ways at an early age - perhaps through a career choice - then you may find that it absorbs most of your energy; it is a never-ending task.

This may affect your intimate relationships, especially when a partner needs to hold similar viewpoints to your own. Ideals are important to you, and you try to live in a way that maintains rather than opposes or compromises them. Your passions are firmly fixed on issues of social concern, and even within personal love relationships your energy is too diffuse to focus just on one partner; it flows out as a feeling of social relationship too, and you often fail to understand why society is as it is, and why people are so passive in allowing negativity and indifference to flourish, even in those in high and powerful social positions of influence. Concentration and visualization abilities should be present, and can be applied through contemplation of issues or meditation. You may become effective if working in occult or socially active affinity groups committed to generating beneficial change. There is little ego gratification in such work for you, and you tend to expect a high degree of probity and idealism from others engaged in similar self-chosen roles.

I think the difference was, that when he was younger, it seemed charmingly arch and amusing for a willowy, flower-waving, young Oscar Wilde-loving man in the 80's to simultaneously display the attitudes of a moaning old git from the 1930's. There was a sense that both Morrissey, and all of us, were laughing along at some of the outrageously vitriolic statements he made.

If you have five seconds to spare, Anonymous will tell you the story of Morrissey's life.

Back
Top Bottom