Is morrissey's next album going to be one song broken up into many tracks???

WinkWink

Banned
All these new songs sound the same!!! same simple lyrical structure. same simple musical sound. morrissey singing with that same voice all the time (like deep sounding kermit the frog).

this is very alarming. my god, how can he not see it!!! can somoene in the band have some integrity and push for something great!!!

All these new songs sound the same!!! same simple lyrical structure. same simple musical sound. morrissey singing with that same voice all the time (like deep sounding kermit the frog).

this is very alarming. my god, how can he not see it!!! can somoene in the band have some integrity and push for something great!!!

He cannot see it because he has fallen in the same trap he said his colleagues were falling into, maybe.
As to his musicians, they won't tell him anything, as they are the ones who create the songs.

I think the lyrics are always the same too, and are becoming horribly banal.
Has Morrissey become so infuated with himself he thinks he cannot go wrong, and that everything he does is priceless? If yes, he should wake up very fast, and find some humility again...
(To be honest, I haven't heard the new song yet, but I have read the lyrics...):cool:

All You Need Is Me...has quite a unique structure I thought

These are only testings...maybe none of these will even make it? You're overly judgemental.

Experimentation is quite hard on the road. For example he would be more likely to write You Have Killed Me if he were on tour and Life Is A Pigsty over a long time with constant experimentation.

If ya catch my drift?

These are only testings...maybe none of these will even make it? You're overly judgemental.

Experimentation is quite hard on the road. For example he would be more likely to write You Have Killed Me if he were on tour and Life Is A Pigsty over a long time with constant experimentation.

But "All You Need Is Me" and "That's How People Grow Up" are already in the can, recorded in a quick studio session between tour dates. So odds are the recorded versions will sound exactly the same as the live versions, plus whatever Tony adds to them in post-production.

But "All You Need Is Me" and "That's How People Grow Up" are already in the can, recorded in a quick studio session between tour dates. So odds are the recorded versions will sound exactly the same as the live versions, plus whatever Tony adds to them in post-production.

I'm sure they are demos?
And it doesn't mean they will be on the new album, they are merely contenders.

It's not unbelivable that some songs will become b-sides, just think of "Mexico" from the 2002 tour. And, to be honest, I see YATQ more as a collection of songs then a solid album.
When it comes to the music I think our greatest hope is our beloved Boz, "Christian Dior" was, in my opinion, the most beautiful track from the ROTT-session.

If ya catch my drift?

The Intro to All you need Is Me sounds nearly identical to "God Save The Queen"...Sounds like Jesse was listening to much Sex Pistols when he was writing that one....

The Intro to All you need Is Me sounds nearly identical to "God Save The Queen"...Sounds like Jesse was listening to much Sex Pistols when he was writing that one....

Word. It feels like he wants to create a new "Still Ill".

I agree that Morrissey writes about the same topics over and over, but I like the new songs very much.

For a love that never comes
From somoene who does not exist
and
that's how people grow up.

I think lyrics are great, really.

But, yes, Boz and the others need to get more creative with their end.

Yes, I thought that when I first heard it too.
Just a pity the rest of the song doesn't match up

I'll accept some of this is experimental, unfinished, but

In his earlier career Morrissey wrote songs with humour, included references from film, books, the cultural landscape in which he was raised. Poetic, funny, startling and original.
Now we’re offered the kind of self-pitying lyrics associated with emotionally immature teenage bands, complaining he’s not being treated right by those who aught to love him better..

“I was wasting my time, looking for love”

“All you can do is complain about me”

“You’ll miss me when I’m gone..”

The message from the latest clip appears to suggest

~ watch how you behave or you won’t see me again

WTF!
What happened to bring this about? Is he really “growing up”?
And will the above lyrics soon apply to the likes of me, who express dissatisfaction, alongside praise where it is due.

I believe in an artist developing, changing and having the courage to experiment, but this sound like the stuff we endure every day on the radio playlists.

Show me I'm wrong..:(

I'll accept some of this is experimental, unfinished, but

In his earlier career Morrissey wrote songs with humour, included references from film, books, the cultural landscape in which he was raised. Poetic, funny, startling and original.
Now we’re offered the kind of self-pitying lyrics associated with emotionally immature teenage bands, complaining he’s not being treated right by those who aught to love him better..

“I was wasting my time, looking for love”

“All you can do is complain about me”

“You’ll miss me when I’m gone..”

The message from the latest clip appears to suggest

~ watch how you behave or you won’t see me again

WTF!
What happened to bring this about? Is he really “growing up”?
And will the above lyrics soon apply to the likes of me, who express dissatisfaction, alongside praise where it is due.

I believe in an artist developing, changing and having the courage to experiment, but this sound like the stuff we endure every day on the radio playlists.

Show me I'm wrong..:(

Sadly,I have to agree with you. The former poetry of his lyrics seems a thing of the past

i think we should all just wait untill the next album does come out, these new songs could just be there for the tour, its very easy to jump to conclusions

I'd just wish to add some lines from 2006 who still got class.

You could have run wild
On the backstreets of Lyon or Marseille
Reckless and legless and stoned
Impregnating women
Or kissing mad street boys from Napoli
Who couldn't even spell the wrong name

Back
Top Bottom