Is Morrissey's father still alive?

His dad had trials for Man United and anyone who played for the club no matter in what capacity never dies.

article-2276489-177A58BE000005DC-482_632x361.jpg

The original:

This is even better:

Yes, me too. It's my guess that his straightforward, manly father struggled with the fact that he wasn't more... straightforwardly manly.

That could be the case. If you remember the following quote from his father you get a pretty good impression what he admires in a person.

"Jackie had a terrific personality but, to me, Steven was like an awkward kid. When anyone picked on him, he'd come for Jackie. She'd go out and sort him out. She was brilliant."

Also this quote from Autobiography

"Sometimes I dance around the room with Rita as I'm livin' in shame wags its finger, until the day Dad tells me I look embarrassing so I stop."

That could be the case. If you remember the following quote from his father you get a pretty good impression what he admires in a person.

"Jackie had a terrific personality but, to me, Steven was like an awkward kid. When anyone picked on him, he'd come for Jackie. She'd go out and sort him out. She was brilliant."

Also this quote from Autobiography

"Sometimes I dance around the room with Rita as I'm livin' in shame wags its finger, until the day Dad tells me I look embarrassing so I stop."
The one I always remember was the comment on his diaphanous blouse from the November Spawned video: 'Shirley Bassey will be furious' (or something very close to that, have been looking but cannot find).

The one I always remember was the comment on his diaphanous blouse from the November Spawned video: 'Shirley Bassey will be furious' (or something very close to that, have been looking but cannot find).
"Tim had asked me to do the entire November spawned a monster video naked. I explained to him that this would be impossible since my entire lower body had been destroyed by fire in 1965. His expression remained wide-eyed with belief as he replied, ‘Oh.’ After watching the video, my father commented, ‘Shirley Bassey will be furious,’ which left me momentarily puzzled."

Regards,
FWD.

"Tim had asked me to do the entire November spawned a monster video naked. I explained to him that this would be impossible since my entire lower body had been destroyed by fire in 1965. His expression remained wide-eyed with belief as he replied, ‘Oh.’ After watching the video, my father commented, ‘Shirley Bassey will be furious,’ which left me momentarily puzzled."

Regards,
FWD.
Ah, that's the one, thank you FWD!

Yes, me too. It's my guess that his straightforward, manly father struggled with the fact that he wasn't more... straightforwardly manly.

After reading the 'Shirley Bassey' comment above, I'd agree. It's such a typical situation of its time - Catholic, working-class background, Dad a gregarious "man's man" etc...but how sad for Moz, in any case. Maybe the reason behind the whole "humasexual" smoke and mirrors nonsense has more to do with his parents than anything else.

After reading the 'Shirley Bassey' comment above, I'd agree. It's such a typical situation of its time - Catholic, working-class background, Dad a gregarious "man's man" etc...but how sad for Moz, in any case. Maybe the reason behind the whole "humasexual" smoke and mirrors nonsense has more to do with his parents than anything else.

If that's the case it's admirable the care and sensitivity in relation to the feelings and beliefs of his parents. But maybe that's not the case. Who knows.

Another comment from the autobiography that struck me as interesting was when Morrissey competed in a race as a child and his father's only response was, "You didn't win."

Small wonder that Morrissey would later go on to become so obsessed with chart placings.

His Dad remarried and lives in Clifton, Salford with his wife.

Regards,
FWD.

í have always thought that Bassey quote a curious one.

Not that í would ever wish to question Morrissey's taste in truths, but í have an inkling that what Moz might actually be remembering is his father's viewing of the "Hulmerist" VHS collection, which ends with the "November Spawned A Monster" promotional film, but actually crescendos with Tim Broad's sublime stage montage of Wolverhampton wonders, set to the strains of Dame Bassey's "You'll Never Walk Alone".

It's not the reaction that most of us here had to that glorious sequence {ie ~ puddled} but each to their own.
But as a reaction to the "November..." film, it makes no sense.

But then, my declared reaction to "November..." at the time ~ "This..Man..is...SEX" ~ didn't appear to make sense to those around me in 1990...

So, í think that quote may be a case of either a Moz memory lapse (which abound in "Autobiography") or him getting the wrong end of the stick, at the Family Viewing of "Hulmerist" {imagine that scene...}

I was a bit of a wee lad and I was in a race. I came in 93rd out of 94. I beat the boy with no arms or legs. He didn't have a head either. Just an eye on top of his neck next to his feeding tube. But he was very competitive. He wanted to win and I saw to it that I won, over him anyway. I went to my daddy and I said 'I won, Dad!'
He said 'You didn't, son.'
Devastated me! For life, like.

His dad had trials for Man United and anyone who played for the club no matter in what capacity never dies.

article-2276489-177A58BE000005DC-482_632x361.jpg

The original:

This is even better:

I just had to jinx the game tonight cause I'm not a fan of european football and as every football fan knows it is all about bribes and cheating and racism and violence and big time politicians mirroring themselves in the fame of football.
But those poor Paris fans have to go back home to the violence and fires so no wonder they enjoyed Manchester for a day and night.
I heard they all wore chav style training bottoms which ruined the idea of Paris as a fashion mecca. Mind you mecca more or less moved there anyway.

I wish I could talk about the game with the regular Irregular Regular but I fooked that being all rude but perhaps his country mate Di Maria joined him for a pint after the game?

TALK TO ME IR!

His Dad remarried and lives in Clifton, Salford with his wife.

God, if that's true it's gotta be weird for everyone involved. "So in addition to Jackie, you have a son from your previous marriage? What's he like?"

EDIT: "Oh him, he's only happy when he's up on the stage."

It’s true. I know friends of his wife. They’ve been married for absolutely ages. It’s not a recent thing.

í have always thought that Bassey quote a curious one.

Not that í would ever wish to question Morrissey's taste in truths, but í have an inkling that what Moz might actually be remembering is his father's viewing of the "Hulmerist" VHS collection, which ends with the "November Spawned A Monster" promotional film, but actually crescendos with Tim Broad's sublime stage montage of Wolverhampton wonders, set to the strains of Dame Bassey's "You'll Never Walk Alone".

It's not the reaction that most of us here had to that glorious sequence {ie ~ puddled} but each to their own.
But as a reaction to the "November..." film, it makes no sense.

But then, my declared reaction to "November..." at the time ~ "This..Man..is...SEX" ~ didn't appear to make sense to those around me in 1990...

So, í think that quote may be a case of either a Moz memory lapse (which abound in "Autobiography") or him getting the wrong end of the stick, at the Family Viewing of "Hulmerist" {imagine that scene...}

Interesting, Joe. But here's another take on it: the use of Dame Shirley's YNWA was Moz's suggestion, to spite his father after his recent comment? I always thought it was a reference to his flouncy attire, pure and simple. You're right about the SEX, though.

Interesting, Joe. But here's another take on it: the use of Dame Shirley's YNWA was Moz's suggestion, to spite his father after his recent comment? I always thought it was a reference to his flouncy attire, pure and simple. You're right about the SEX, though.

P, you are one twisted sister ;)

God, if that's true it's gotta be weird for everyone involved. "So in addition to Jackie, you have a son from your previous marriage? What's he like?"

EDIT: "Oh him, he's only happy when he's up on the stage."

So when are we gonna see his dads book about his son? And what would it be called ?

Back
Top Bottom