Is Morrissey trolling for headlines, politically driven... or coming apart at the seams?

I'm dismissing you because you're dishonest. I've argued with you before.

If you're going to make a claim about my past conduct, at least provide evidence.

Nothing you have said has any bearing on the here and now and the Great Awakening that the world is going through.

I do find it bizarre, though, that people who are purported fans of Morrissey would expect him now to be "ordinary" and "mainstream" and "agreeable." Wasn't the fact that he was none of the above what attracted you to him and his music in the first place? Have people really become this programmed and mind-controlled?

And yet, when he was making clearly suicidal pronouncements thirty years ago, this was someone acceptable... cuz reasons.

Of course Morrissey is a provocateur, but people can't handle anyone actually THINKING anymore and expressing their THOUGHTS, whether serious, flippant, jocular, or otherwise.

I don't care what Morrissey believes, ultimately, any more, really, than I care what Kanye West thinks. However, I do respect their ability to think aloud, even in public, and to test ideas, learn, explore, and grow as individuals.

To me, that's actually HEALTHY behaviour. To a society that is as sick and twisted as ours has become, it is seen as UNHINGED. Go figure!
I think you might be misunderstanding me. I'm not saying he's mentally ill because of WHAT he's saying; more for HOW he's saying it. I'm all for free speech but these trolling, factually-shaky, finger-pointing rants are becoming more and more frequent and suggest to me a man who is not well.

I do find it bizarre, though, that people who are purported fans of Morrissey would expect him now to be "ordinary" and "mainstream" and "agreeable." Wasn't the fact that he was none of the above what attracted you to him and his music in the first place? Have people really become this programmed and mind-controlled?

Morrissey was always anti-establishment but in a good way. Anti bigotry, anti Thatcher, anti the meat industry, anti homophobia.
Now he just seems to have become a bigoted idiot. Pro right-wing twats like Farage, celebrating political parties (UKIP, For Britain) that might not be overtly racist but which mainly attract racist bigots. Making totally untrue, frighteningly idiotic and inflammatory comments e.g. about acid attacks being exclusively carried out by non-whites, seemingly blaming immigrants for many of society's problems.
It's horrible to witness. He was once a sharp, well informed anti-establishment commentator - now he seemingly supports the lazy, misinformed, idiotic views of a Daily Mail reader. That's where the problem lies.

I think you might be misunderstanding me. I'm not saying he's mentally ill because of WHAT he's saying; more for HOW he's saying it. I'm all for free speech but these trolling, factually-shaky, finger-pointing rants are becoming more and more frequent and suggest to me a man who is not well.

Well I certainly don't think Morrissey would be considered to be a stable authority on every subject. He's been making trolling, factually shaky statements for years though. I don't really see the difference now. He's just being more (a little too) indulgent with his public posts, some of which might be on a whim, which rather cheapens their impact compared to those that might have been delivered in a magazine interview decades ago.

Morrissey was always anti-establishment but in a good way. Anti bigotry, anti Thatcher, anti the meat industry, anti homophobia.
Now he just seems to have become a bigoted idiot. Pro right-wing twats like Farage, celebrating political parties (UKIP, For Britain) that might not be overtly racist but which mainly attract racist bigots. Making totally untrue, frighteningly idiotic and inflammatory comments e.g. about acid attacks being exclusively carried out by non-whites, seemingly blaming immigrants for many of society's problems.
It's horrible to witness. He was once a sharp, well informed anti-establishment commentator - now he seemingly supports the lazy, misinformed, idiotic views of a Daily Mail reader. That's where the problem lies.

Your interpretation of him as a "sharp, well[-]informed[,] anti-establishment commentator" is largely determined by your agreement with his commentary, I would suggest.

When we have nothing, we want the best for everyone. When we have plenty, we forget that we once had nothing.
Money. Fame. Narcissism. Lawsuit. Mix them together and let stew for 20ish years and add a dash of bitterness.

When we have nothing, we want the best for everyone. When we have plenty, we forget that we once had nothing.
Money. Fame. Narcissism. Lawsuit. Mix them together and let stew for 20ish years and add a dash of bitterness.

When we have nothing, we think that maybe, just maybe, communism is a good idea.

In the midst of all the frenzied outrage and disbelief, I can't help feeling something is being overlooked. I know he's been trolling for press coverage for years, but there's something desperate and unhinged about his latest efforts. He's even (finally) got his own website so he can spout his factually dubious offerings till the cows come home.

Whatever side you take in the political debate he's stirred up, surely THIS IS NOT NORMAL BEHAVIOUR? It honestly reminds me of David Icke, and we all know how that ended up. Personally I think he's in the throes of some kind of mental illness and if it goes unchecked I foresee much worse to come.

It seems to be pretty normal behaviour for anyone in the 21st century with a computer these days. That's not to say it's particularly postive, for him or anyone. Just add Moz to the millions of nutzoids (myself included) that shoot off their ten pen'eth worth of shit on a keyboard. The only difference here being, his slightly larger audience.

Have I got the wrong idea of trolling? I thought trolls were supposed to be anonymous.

In the midst of all the frenzied outrage and disbelief, I can't help feeling something is being overlooked. I know he's been trolling for press coverage for years, but there's something desperate and unhinged about his latest efforts. He's even (finally) got his own website so he can spout his factually dubious offerings till the cows come home.

Whatever side you take in the political debate he's stirred up, surely THIS IS NOT NORMAL BEHAVIOUR? It honestly reminds me of David Icke, and we all know how that ended up. Personally I think he's in the throes of some kind of mental illness and if it goes unchecked I foresee much worse to come.
Your motherly conern does make me chuckle, Peppermint, but seriously, I think it is your latter proposal that may be correct. I feel a bit callous because Morrissey descending into madness would be the perfect ending for me.

Your motherly conern does make me chuckle, Peppermint, but seriously, I think it is your latter proposal that may be correct. I feel a bit callous because Morrissey descending into madness would be the perfect ending for me.
Ah, well I can't help being motherly, I suppose it's my age. I think I know what you mean... it's fitting that someone so unique should go out in a cackling, frothing blaze of glory. I must admit I'm watching it all through my fingers, though.

Ah, well I can't help being motherly, I suppose it's my age. I think I know what you mean... it's fitting that someone so unique should go out in a cackling, frothing blaze of glory. I must admit I'm watching it all through my fingers, though.
I dunno, Adam Ant was getting pretty wacky for a while there, and he's been back doing some pretty successful club tours for a while now.
Maybe he'll go kooky for a bit before finding the right meds. I do agree that a descent into madness, or dying on stage would fitting ends though.

Hilarious!. I can just picture you now. But seriously, it does make me laugh the way you seem to have to keep trying to brace yourself for whatever's coming next. It's the way you're so matter of fact about it all.......what was it you said before?? Can't something be done? Sorry if I've misquoted you. xxxxxx

Hilarious!. I can just picture you now. But seriously, it does make me laugh the way you seem to have to keep trying to brace yourself for whatever's coming next. It's the way you're so matter of fact about it all.......what was it you said before?? Can't something be done? Sorry if I've misquoted you. xxxxxx
Ah, that was just a bit of whimsical banter with Rifke. She has this fantasy to be Morrissey's personal shopper/nurse and help him pick out blazers. I thought if she was in Personal Shopper Mode she could help remedy his awful flapping jeans.

Back
Top Bottom