Is Morrissey inspired by David Icke on the latest album?

A

Anonymous

Having listened through his latest album on Spotify it hit me that in least two songs he touches on things mentioned a lot by David Icke, the famous conspiracy theorist. In the song "I'm not sorry" Morrissey sings about existance being just a game which is something Icke has touched on a lot as Icke believes that life is not real and mostly made up.

In the song "Neal Cassady drops dead" he sings about a liver full of fungus. David Icke is a firm believer that cancer is fungus attacking the body and its organs. These things made me wonder if indeed Morrissey is in any way inspired by the thinking and work of David Icke?

Anyone know or heard of Morrissey ever being in touch with Icke or has he just read his books and read things on Icke's website?

Having listened through his latest album on Spotify it hit me that in least two songs he touches on things mentioned a lot by David Icke, the famous conspiracy theorist. In the song "I'm not sorry" Morrissey sings about existance being just a game which is something Icke has touched on a lot as Icke believes that life is not real and mostly made up.

In the song "Neal Cassady drops dead" he sings about a liver full of fungus. David Icke is a firm believer that cancer is fungus attacking the body and its organs. These things made me wonder if indeed Morrissey is in any way inspired by the thinking and work of David Icke?

Anyone know or heard of Morrissey ever being in touch with Icke or has he just read his books and read things on Icke's website?

Panic is about Jimmy Savile according to the chief lizard slayer's website.

Who came first Morrissey or David Icke?

I hope not. He has some interesting ideas but I think he's a little :crazy: with the whole shapeshifter thing. He never learned the fine art of metaphor, the queen is not a lizard.

If any song on World Peace is vaguely inspired by Icke it would be the anti-establishment title track, though Moz has never gone as far as to say the royal family are lizards. David Cameron definitely is, though.

Evolutionally-speaking, Cameron doesn't quite rank at the same level as a lizard.

Poor attempt at trolling from the OP. They really need to hone their material a little more before putting it out there.

im still trying to see if anyone knows if smiler with a knife was inspired by the buck pets - the smiler with a knife from 1992.

the buck pets - the smiler wiat a knife
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH0cacJtWPQ

might at the very least be a clue as to where the title came from. all of there songs had pretty awesome lyrics i though.t especially iron cock which i thought really really funny. even if morrissey isnt into the buck pets at least this might be a clue as to the title being a more common phrase.

"people talk, all the time knowing nothing
but you're not at home,
so you must be doing something

can you pick him out
the smiler with a knife
moving closer now
the smiler with a knife

i walk the cold,
look for faith on the sidewalk sunday
and feel so old
but i'm too young for thinking that way (that way)

you won't pick him out
the smiler with a knife
you just can't sort him out
the smiler with a knife

so practice patience
know what you trust, and use it
just take the chance
try not to lose it use it

you won't pick him out
the smiler with a knife
moving closer now
the smiler with a knife
he's gonna take you out
the smiler with a knife"

"The smiler with the knife under the cloak" (probably not spelled like that in the original) is a line from the Knight's Tale.

cool. i dont know that one except for the movie of a similar title a knights tale lol. hmm wonder if it was inspiration for the buck pets then. curious

Re: Each time you vote, you support the process - David Icke blog

I'm looking forward to Morrissey's next statement on TTY about the British Royal Family being shape-shifting alien green lizards. It really wouldn't surprise me at all.

Re: Each time you vote, you support the process - David Icke blog

Is this where I tap out?

its probably from the constantine comic from the eighties im sure (really joking). i mean thats a very old story and joke metaphor.very old and used everywhere

don't want to start a debate or an argument but David Icke appeared in the MW blog.. rgds Manc Lad

It makes some sense to not vote if you broadcast your opinions and attitudes otherwise like Icke, Morrissey and Brand are doing.

Lizards. I listened to podcasts of Pater Rufus some time ago, when I educated myself on something, and there it was interestingly mentioned that when some people are freed from demons, they move on the ground like snakes. So when people like Icke bubble around about reptilian people, what he is actually talking about are people who have demons. People who channel, invite demons to take a hold of them. And then there are others who prefer the Holy Spirit, not reptilian people, other people I mean.

Yesterday I went shopping for clothes and came to talk to a retired man in the coffee section of the shop, who was waiting for his wife to find a pair of pants. It quickly turned into the usual conversation about robots, politicians, the Euro, Greece, the UK, cross border political idiologies, non voters.

I bookmarked the Twitter accounts of some people who went to Morrissey concerts and was quite surprised to find out that some participated in silencing protesters with goon squads. The same people who'd go and sit down in the Netherland or travel to the UK to attend concerts together with people who want the same things in other countries as the protesters whom they silenced with the goon squads. I guess my feeling that I didn't want to share a venue with these people was totally to the point. It gets particularly ugly when the goon squads and their travels are paid for with tax money.

Back
Top Bottom