is Morrissey in danger of destroying his own enigma?

I don't think Morrissey is in danger of destroying his own enigma, so much as outlasting it.

The fact that Morrissey still manages to be MORRISSEY amazes me.

I think Morrissey walking off stage after being hit by a missile is exactly the kind of thing that's Morrissey's enigma is all about.

And if you think the quality (or lack of quality) of the recorded output makes a difference, well enigmas don't work like that.

But none of this makes any difference now. He's built a legacy and now he is doing what he likes. He can't really do anything to destroy his "enigma" now - he IS Morrissey now and forever. Whether he or we like it or not.

:clap:

All of you are right.

The thing about Morrissey is he is always Morrissey. I don't think he has an alternative when the lights go down. It must be exhausting to be that intelligent, insightful, brillant, literate, loved, hated, people hanging on your every word creative, judged, quoted, stalked and not to mention spectacularly handsome all the time. Being a enigma is just a small part of it. He hasn't put himself out there to be pulled apart but lots of people still try. He is possibly one of the most enigmatic people alive! And he speaks to so many.

It's all our fault, isn't it?.

Tags
who cares
Back
Top Bottom