is Morrissey in danger of destroying his own enigma?

speedfreaks ball

psychobilly member
i hope not cos he spent the last 26 years building it, but the way things are going at the moment alarm bells must be ringing.

i hope not cos he spent the last 26 years building it, but the way things are going at the moment alarm bells must be ringing.

Why don't you back that statement up with some evidence? Something, anything.

I think Morrissey walking off stage after being hit by a missile is exactly the kind of thing that's Morrissey's enigma is all about.

And if you think the quality (or lack of quality) of the recorded output makes a difference, well enigmas don't work like that.

I don't think Morrissey is in danger of destroying his own enigma, so much as outlasting it.

The fact that Morrissey still manages to be MORRISSEY amazes me.

No, he hasn't destroyed his own enigma, he's solidifying it.

In my mind, he's more of a prima donna bitch now more than ever.

Do I still love his music? Of course I do.

HAHAHAHAHA How f***ing thick are you? What the f*** mate, please leave these forums and pick on someone else.

Would you please extrapolate further? Your question is a bit vague.

I don't think Morrissey is in danger of destroying his own enigma, so much as outlasting it.

The fact that Morrissey still manages to be MORRISSEY amazes me.

Very very very very good point
No, he hasn't destroyed his own enigma, he's solidifying it.

In my mind, he's more of a prima donna bitch now more than ever.

Do I still love his music? Of course I do.

Nooooo! Do not say that! I like to think and believe that Moz is not a diva. If he was I couldn't bare it hehe

He looks permanently church-spired, and his band are nowhere near as good as they were about 5 years ago, he's going through record labels like nobody's business, and his record sales are dwindling.

But none of this makes any difference now. He's built a legacy and now he is doing what he likes. He can't really do anything to destroy his "enigma" now - he IS Morrissey now and forever. Whether he or we like it or not.

When Morrissey releases his own Morrissey brand purfume and guest judges x factor, we will know the truth.

Tags
who cares
Back
Top Bottom