Is Morrissey having a mid-life crisis?

MORRIZSEY

Wrong species
His behaviour has changed in the last few years. Walking off stage when the show should go on, Naked rear in albums. Swearing (use of the F-word) Slagging off ordinary news readers without reason etc etc

Is this a mid-life crisis?

Last edited:
His behaviour has changed in the last few years. Walking off stage when the show should go on, Naked rear in albums. Swearing (use of the F-word) Slagging off ordinary news readers without reason etc etc

Is this a mid-life crisis?

He's joked in interviews that his time in California was his midlife crisis. The timing fits.

But I do agree he does seem to be out of sorts in recent years when compared to his self-presentation in the past.

In another thread, someone suggested it might be because he has no kids. The commenters laughed at that idea.

Some have suggested he seems to be drinking a lot lately. That might be a difference.

On his last album, there was the song about all the various medications he may have been prescribed over the years (SiSMS), so perhaps this is a medication-related change.

Or maybe, just maybe, he's extremely unhappy again. Might explain the turn in his more recent music.

We'll never really know. I just hope that if something is truly "off," it rights itself soon. He doesn't have another 5+ years to await a new recording contract before he's seen as washed up in the industry. It might be nice to see an openly happy Morrissey before he's done.

Oh jeez, you people are idiots.

He's happy. It's why he has nothing that 'rings true' to you forever miserable creatures. Give it a rest. He's more ordinary now. That's life. Just accept it.

I actually think something happened around the time of 1998/99, I think since then he has been in one big mid life crisis (of sorts).
But then I just think he is just being more himself these days and less "Morrissey".

Back
Top Bottom