Is Morrissey gay, discuss

He did describe himself as bisexual once. The thing about the Tina story is that it doesn't seem to match up with the general way he writes about women.

"Girls remained mysteriously attracted to me and I had no idea why, since although each fumbling foray hit the target, nothing electrifying took place (...) plainly I was not interested, being chosen but not chooser."

I find it really hard to believe that someone who is bored (at best) or at worst, repulsed by women's bodies would later choose to have a long-term relationship with one. Morrissey's autobiography was deliberately cryptic; he didn't give any real sense of the development and timeline of the Tina relationship and he doesn't mention when it ends - she just disappears from the text and then he's hanging around with someone he gives a false name, 'Gelato'.

Autobiography is a great read but when it comes to his private life, Morrissey is all myth. He once told a journalist that he lost his virginity at 13 - and in the book he refers to "cupcake grapples" in 1973 - yet Linder Sterling, in the early 2000s, said he was a virgin into his early 20s. When he was 30, he said he had never spent a full night with anybody in his life. Maybe he's just maintaining the Morrissey 'persona', I don't know, but I've never read another pop autobio that was so pointedly vague on that side of life. It comes across as though he is not comfortable with who he is.

Morrissey, in my opinion, is asexual. This doesn't mean that he lacks desire, only that it is never physically consummated with another person. In a technical sense he's quite possibly a virgin. So many of his lyrics are about wishing and desiring and dreaming but feeling trapped in a shell, unable to participate. Unrequited love or feelings of romantic love not acted upon due to the required jump into reality from the safe dreaming space of the bedroom are popular themes of The Smiths.

Love, especially in his younger work, is always there. And not just love or a longing for actual or idealised people, but for England. In this sense he is akin to a current day John Betjeman, or a less cynical Philip Larkin perhaps. There is a dark romantic love (swerving, like all relationships, sometimes to mocking hate) for the country of his birth. And at present, romance or any nostalgia whatsoever for one's country instantly renders you a contrarian and reactionary or worse, so like many of us he suffers and is misunderstood for his longings (both physical and mythic).

Love physically consummated can be as disenchanting as watching the lost garden of England unceremoniously bulldozed and replaced with a drive-thru McDonalds. Some people stay away and prefer the melancholy warm embrace of dreams and sweet longing over the stark disappointment of reality. These people are called poets.

Last edited:
Morrissey isn't gay. He's spoken about being attracted to women before, and he mentioned a long term relationship with a woman in Autobiography, to the point at one time he considered having a child with her
Liberace's autobiography also talked about his love for a woman.

Morrissey, in my opinion, is asexual. This doesn't mean that he lacks desire, only that it is never physically consummated with another person. In a technical sense he's quite possibly a virgin. So many of his lyrics are about wishing and desiring and dreaming but feeling trapped in a shell, unable to participate. Unrequited love or feelings of romantic love not acted upon due to the required jump into reality from the safe dreaming space of the bedroom are popular themes of The Smiths.

Love, especially in his younger work, is always there. And not just love or a longing for actual or idealised people, but for England. In this sense he is akin to a current day John Betjeman, or a less cynical Philip Larkin perhaps. There is a dark romantic love (swerving, like all relationships, sometimes to mocking hate) for the country of his birth. And at present, romance or any nostalgia whatsoever for one's country instantly renders you a contrarian and reactionary or worse, so like many of us he suffers and is misunderstood for his longings (both physical and mythic).

Love physically consummated can be as disenchanting as watching the lost garden of England unceremoniously bulldozed and replaced with a drive-thru McDonalds. Some people stay away and prefer the melancholy warm embrace of dreams and sweet longing over the stark disappointment of reality. These people are called poets.

Love for England? Give me a break. Of course his lyrics are about wishing and longing, he was in love with a straight man.

:rolleyes:

o_O

FFS they dont come any gayer than the soon to be "late" :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft::lbf:
You had to pry him off the dudes he would smooch with:thumb:

This drags on and let us agree the man is bisexual but with a preference for men as it is doubtful he ever had sex with a woman.

Quite obvious his love for women is platonic and that he admires some of them without it ever involving sex or thoughts of lust.

He's had so many boyfriends by now but some people are so into him they just cannot get it in their head what he likes so bisexual is I feel a way for us all to come to some sort of agreement.

Some also need to study gay men and how most if not all of them at some point in life had a woman as a apron to hide behind.

He did describe himself as bisexual once. The thing about the Tina story is that it doesn't seem to match up with the general way he writes about women.

You do have to take into account the type of woman Tina was. I mean this as respectfully as I can, but Tina did look quite mannish or at the very least boyish. It wasn't as though Moz had hooked up with some broad with big boobies and child bearing hips. My best guess and like everyone else it's only a guess, is that he is a homosexual but should he end up with a woman this is the type of woman (looks wise) I'd expect him to be with.

You do have to take into account the type of woman Tina was. I mean this as respectfully as I can, but Tina did look quite mannish or at the very least boyish. It wasn't as though Moz had hooked up with some broad with big boobies and child bearing hips. My best guess and like everyone else it's only a guess, is that he is a homosexual but should he end up with a woman this is the type of woman (looks wise) I'd expect him to be with.
I agree and a gay friend admitted he was only with one woman cause she had a boyish arse.

LOL

I think we all add some fantasy when we have sex.

Why do you think Morrissey is going to die? Is this why he cancelled in Houston? I heard he didn’t look well.

its poor :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: thats ailing.:cry:
you all should pony up and get him:
DeBug-Beach-Wheelchair-31.jpg

Of course his lyrics are about wishing and longing, he was in love with a straight man.

Exactly.

I almost daren't reply to this one, I'll take your word for it though. :lbf: Years ago, there was speculation as to whether he was briefly involved with Linder as a teenager - being frank, I think she would meet this description as well. I was intrigued by Tina being the second acknowledgement in Autobio, too.

Exactly.

I almost daren't reply to this one, I'll take your word for it though. :lbf: Years ago, there was speculation as to whether he was briefly involved with Linder as a teenager - being frank, I think she would meet this description as well. I was intrigued by Tina being the second acknowledgement in Autobio, too.
I think if he has been with women it's definitely been the more androgynous kind.

I presume you mean bisexual. There is no such thing as humasexual, Morrissey made it up to avoid coming clean about his own sexuality.
I would say that the person who wrote this is not overly keen on vagina: 'Nothing but a mangled jungle of tangled hair presented as the jackpot payoff. Honeypots sprawled like open graves, their owners doing nothing at all other than letting you.'

That bit from Autobiography is indeed one of the most misogynist things ever put on paper.

it's either the life force or the death force that people are tending to. in some it ends up being a lifelong conflict between the two. when you lack a strong sexual desire, you cannot really participate fully in life, you feel most likely alienated from how other people live their lives. in people tending more to the death force with a smaller amount of sex drive hormones, attraction or even desire has to be built up over a longer stretch of time, sometimes years, as the prospect of entering a warm pussy and grabbing some boobs or dicks, is not enough to trigger erotic feelings of any sort. evolution defo favours those who can trigger such desperate longings quickly and build their lives around the goal of fullfilling them, so that group has ended up being the life-affirming, sex- and procreation focussed majority with all their petty problems evolving as consequences of their sexuality. after the kids have arrived, the homely nest becomes the center of attention, in which the sexual desire turns into a protective or possessive carpet of belonging. it is all part of a biological programme, that has been crystallizing during thousands of years of evolution.
those tending to the death force logically havent procreated that much, as it all takes much longer and involves the ability to cultivate the seeds of life and love over a longer period of time which has become even more difficult in our fast-paced societies.
i would say that humasexuals belong to the second category. i assume that their reduced sex drive makes them focus not so much on need-driven copulation with the high risk of accidental procreation, but rather the enterprise of encountering another person first. but as those people are all more or less belonging to the first category, and their numbers are growing exponentially, it will be difficult for humasexuals to find romantic partners in general. so maybe they have to stick to those sympathetic and/or interesting few, that are on the same wavelength, whatever their biological equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom