Is Johnny dancing barefoot?

Listened, and I don’t really hear ‘Stop Me’ in it. The heavy chords in the intro, etc actually remind me of
some Morrissey songs, lol.

Lyrically I don’t see the ‘it’s about Moz’ angle, I guess a listener could see it if they wanted to. Seems to be more about him loosing faith in someone or thing, maybe.
Yes, I think it's the into and the chords in the middle. The lyrics could be about anything!

Listened, and I don’t really hear ‘Stop Me’ in it. The heavy chords in the intro, etc actually remind me of
some Morrissey songs, lol.

Lyrically I don’t see the ‘it’s about Moz’ angle, I guess a listener could see it if they wanted to. Seems to be more about him loosing faith in someone or thing, maybe.
It's ironic that the song's about phoniness, and Marr pronounces 'Z' as 'Zee' in the american way. Thought he was British?!

I wondered if you thought Johnny's song "Human" might be about Morrissey. As in Johnny's favorite Smiths lyric, "I am human and I need to be loved".

I love abstract, even nonsensical lyrics. But Marr’s lyrics are too abstractly vague, that renders them pointless. And investigating them reaps little reward for anyone that’s trying to find meaning in them.

Though not true, it would be easier just to say that all his songs are about Morrissey, and call it a day.

It's God's Gift - the one apparently about Morrissey. It's not got much of a lyric when you listen to it! He just says "I get it" a lot.
It makes more sense than most JM lyrics, but that's not saying much. He sounds pissed off though - 'glory be, praise to thee' etc.
The Moz link seems to hinge on "Lord Phoniness / More I see (Morrissey), the more I get", which is pretty tenuous.

I can't think of anyone less phony than Morrissey, though.

Last edited:
It makes more sense than most JM lyrics, but that's not saying much. He sounds pissed off though - 'glory be, praise to thee' etc.
The Moz link seems to hinge on "Lord Phoniness / More I see (Morrissey), the more I get", which is pretty tenuous.

I can't think of anyone less phony than Morrissey, though.
Yes, if the lyric is aimed at Morrissey personally I don't "get it".

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom