Is Johhny being a shit attacking Moz for publicity?

There's no more evidence of him trying raise his profile than there is of him trying to make a tender gesture. If there such evidence of motivation please share it because him wanting to rerelease it doesn't speak to his motivation. Also how would it raise his profile anymore than it already is beyond his fans now. Do you think the news at eleven so gonna start running stories about morrissey rereleasing get a single that praises Paris. Do you think that's what he believes. You're seeing what you want to see and stating your beliefs as facts

He seemed to think the song could have got to number one. Or, if you think he was acting on his own initiative, Boz did. Quite a few musical tributes did make the TV news and grazed the charts at the time, so it kind of implies that Morrissey had at least that sort of exposure in mind. It's the out-of-touch with reality aspect to the whole thing, as well as the cynicism and bullying, that made it so cringe-inducing.

He seemed to think the song could have got to number one. Or, if you think he was acting on his own initiative, Boz did. Quite a few musical tributes did make the TV news and grazed the charts at the time, so it kind of implies that Morrissey had at least that sort of exposure in mind. It's the out-of-touch with reality aspect to the whole thing, as well as the cynicism and bullying, that made it so cringe-inducing.

I don't really know if they said they thought it would go number one as I don't remember what boz wrote in that letter but no I don't believe he was acting on his own. Could also just be them trying to convince a label. If you say so about the musical tributes making the news I believe you but many also didn't. That doesn't imply that he thought it would not make the news or that making the news was his goal. Also never a mention of proceeds one way or the other as it never got off the ground and no specifics could be mentioned. It's not like he could dictate all proceeds going here when he can't even dictate the songs release as he doesn't own it. My main point being that it's highly unlikely that if released anyone would have thought it would really be a big money maker or a bigger profile raising hit than when it was released a few years earlier

I don't really know if they said they thought it would go number one as I don't remember what boz wrote in that letter but no I don't believe he was acting on his own. Could also just be them trying to convince a label. If you say so about the musical tributes making the news I believe you but many also didn't. That doesn't imply that he thought it would not make the news or that making the news was his goal. Also never a mention of proceeds one way or the other as it never got off the ground and no specifics could be mentioned. It's not like he could dictate all proceeds going here when he can't even dictate the songs release as he doesn't own it. My main point being that it's highly unlikely that if released anyone would have thought it would really be a big money maker or a bigger profile raising hit than when it was released a few years earlier
You're on the Internet right now and you can read that letter. Oh look!
They wrote that "Any other artist would be number 1 with this song RIGHT NOW," and there was no mention of donating any money.
"We are shocked that you have made no move this week to promote the above song (download/special 7-inch/special CD) to support the people of Paris."
This clearly states that the song itself is the tribute, and having a number 1 would earn some quick cash and raise Morrissey's profile which would also help with negotiating a record deal. I actually like Boz and his songs but the tone of this letter, assuming he actually wrote it and didn't have it dictated to him by Morrissey, sounds like an angry toddler. "I want my biscuit RIGHT NOW!"
Verdict? Time out. Go stand in the corner, Boz, and think about what you did.
And yes, I know it's you but you're being especially lazy. Get an account and you can ignore me.

Back on topic, I don't really think Johnny Marr has some plan to capitalize on Morrissey's name. He's not but if he was it would be the last thing Morrissey could complain about because he has practically made a second career out of making attention-seeking statements to the press.

Back on topic, I don't really think Johnny Marr has some plan to capitalize on Morrissey's name. He's not but if he was it would be the last thing Morrissey could complain about because he has practically made a second career out of making attention-seeking statements to the press.

But no attention seeking statements about Johnny. THAT is the point.

You're on the Internet right now and you can read that letter. Oh look!
They wrote that "Any other artist would be number 1 with this song RIGHT NOW," and there was no mention of donating any money.
"We are shocked that you have made no move this week to promote the above song (download/special 7-inch/special CD) to support the people of Paris."
This clearly states that the song itself is the tribute, and having a number 1 would earn some quick cash and raise Morrissey's profile which would also help with negotiating a record deal. I actually like Boz and his songs but the tone of this letter, assuming he actually wrote it and didn't have it dictated to him by Morrissey, sounds like an angry toddler. "I want my biscuit RIGHT NOW!"
Verdict? Time out. Go stand in the corner, Boz, and think about what you did.
And yes, I know it's you but you're being especially lazy. Get an account and you can ignore me.

You can't even keep your word and not try and talk to me. Do you need attention or are you just dishonorable. To say it'll go number one doesn't mean that they don't think it being number one is for themselves. Morrissey probably just thinks people would aprriciate it as that seems to be his way. Maybe he just thinks many people would see it and think he cares which would make it a number one and is trying to convince the label to release it since he obviously has not the power to do so. As to donation money I stand by what I already said. What's to talk about as its not like morrissey would even set the price and the idea didn't get anywhere. Cornflakes and I were having a perfectly civil converstation before your insistence on speaking to me. I said I didn't remember but would probably have taken her word as from previous conversation she seems like a sane reasonable person which is why I didn't feel the need to look it up. I know you're all agro from the establishment trying to confuse you all the time and your efforts to educate us all with silly documentaries about random connections featuring things like editing and dramatic music, designed to do the very thing the doc is railing against, is probably frustrating but try and relax. I'm thinking your tinfoil hat is making you grumpy so maybe make a new one

You can't even keep your word and not try and talk to me. Do you need attention or are you just dishonorable. To say it'll go number one doesn't mean that they don't think it being number one is for themselves. Morrissey probably just thinks people would aprriciate it as that seems to be his way. Maybe he just thinks many people would see it and think he cares which would make it a number one and is trying to convince the label to release it since he obviously has not the power to do so. As to donation money I stand by what I already said. What's to talk about as its not like morrissey would even set the price and the idea didn't get anywhere. Cornflakes and I were having a perfectly civil converstation before your insistence on speaking to me. I said I didn't remember but would probably have taken her word as from previous conversation she seems like a sane reasonable person which is why I didn't feel the need to look it up. I know you're all agro from the establishment trying to confuse you all the time and your efforts to educate us all with silly documentaries about random connections featuring things like editing and dramatic music, designed to do the very thing the doc is railing against, is probably frustrating but try and relax. I'm thinking your tinfoil hat is making you grumpy so maybe make a new one
  • Johnny hasn't attacked "Moz". He said, if stories in the mass media about Morrissey's opinions are true, then they'd disagree.
  • You're unable to present any evidence that Morrissey gave a genuine f*** about the victims of the Paris massacre, whereas the TTY post from Boz Boorer - quoted above and on the previous page - shows that their aim was to get publicity and a No. 1 single.
  • Even if Johnny were to criticise Morrissey (and it seems like he has good reason), it hardly renders him a "shit", as per the question posed in the title of the thread, and isn't nearly as shameful as Morrissey's attempt to ride the coattails of the dead.

Your "evidence" that Morrissey cared about the victims of terrorism and their bereaved is that he wanted to re-launch some of his old product - a song that has nothing to do with terrorism, or with Paris, for that matter - into the marketplace and sell some units? I see.

He was so moved/outraged by what happened in Paris that he's never mentioned the subject again.

Oh sorry I thought the song was about Paris. Are we talking about the same artist?

Has he been asked about it?

I didn't make any personal remarks. Either get an account and put me on ignore or stop being so sensitive about people disagreeing with you.

"We are shocked that you have made no move this week to promote the above song (download/special 7-inch/special CD) to support the people of Paris. Any other artist would be number 1 with this song RIGHT NOW."​
Boz Boorer (25/11/'15)

As I was saying ....

He was or Boz was(?) speaking in the way that a record company would understand. Though I guess they felt M was not big enough or not new enough for them to benefit by re-releasing a great song.

But no attention seeking statements about Johnny. THAT is the point.
Well, that is A point but the question in the thread title doesn't specify that. Anyway, I don't think Johnny Marr can avoid talking about Morrissey when he's releasing an autobiography, and it's pretty clear that their politics are different.

I didn't make any personal remarks. Either get an account and put me on ignore or stop being so sensitive about people disagreeing with you.

It's hardly about disagreement. We didn't say we'd not make personal remarks to each other we said we'd not converse as it doesn't go well and just ends in weird bickering that's probably distracting for everyone else and for sure it always a drag when you insist on talking to me. I was able to keep that agreement while you can't seem to help yourself like some child with no impulse control. People have asked me not to speak to them and I don't find it difficult to honor that request. Work up some will and just keep your word. As to disagreement, Cornflakes and I were hardly in agreement but it seemed to go fine imo. No crying on my part when speaking with her. I have some respect for her though

Oh sorry I thought the song was about Paris. Are we talking about the same artist?

Has he been asked about it?

The song title contains the word "Paris", but the song is not about Paris. It's all about Morrissey. A-f***ing-gain.

I don't know if he's been asked about it. However, he doesn't ordinarily need to be asked about the things he cares about before going on and on and on and on and on about those. Check out his posts on TTY some time. There, you'll find interminable paragraphs, almost as nonsensical as that novel he tried to write, about the record industry, royalty and meat. Nobody asked, yet still the endless rants pour forth. It's curious.

Now, remind me, where's the evidence that he actually cared about the murder victims in Paris?

As I was saying ....

He was or Boz was(?) speaking in the way that a record company would understand. Though I guess they felt M was not big enough or not new enough for them to benefit by re-releasing a great song.

Boz Boorer was saying to the record company, with Morrissey's approval (or, more likely, under his instruction), "The bloodshed in Paris is a fantastic marketing opportunity! That you aren't using all this death for Morrissey's gain is unacceptable!"

That's the sort of despicable, fat sack of shit he is - for money.

It's hardly about disagreement. We didn't say we'd not make personal remarks to each other we said we'd not converse as it doesn't go well and just ends in weird bickering that's probably distracting for everyone else and for sure it always a drag when you insist on talking to me. I was able to keep that agreement while you can't seem to help yourself like some child with no impulse control. People have asked me not to speak to them and I don't find it difficult to honor that request. Work up some will and just keep your word. As to disagreement, Cornflakes and I were hardly in agreement but it seemed to go fine imo. No crying on my part when speaking with her. I have some respect for her though
I'm devastated. lol If you don't want to talk to me stfu. Simple.

I'm devastated. lol If you don't want to talk to me stfu. Simple.

Apparently you really like talking to me though and I don't believe you can stop so me shutting up is hardly gonna solve my problem. You tried but couldn't manage. Yeah I don't think you probably have ever felt bad about much. You seem much to proud and full of yourself for that righting the wrongs with your unwanted opinion of me and my laziness which was a personal attack by the way even though you said you didn't make any but that's about what I expect from ya. What do you wanna discuss now buddy since all your other friends aren't available and dominating your time

The song title contains the word "Paris", but the song is not about Paris. It's all about Morrissey. A-f***ing-gain.

I don't know if he's been asked about it. However, he doesn't ordinarily need to be asked about the things he cares about before going on and on and on and on and on about those. Check out his posts on TTY some time. There, you'll find interminable paragraphs, almost as nonsensical as that novel he tried to write, about the record industry, royalty and meat. Nobody asked, yet still the endless rants pour forth. It's curious.

Now, remind me, where's the evidence that he actually cared about the murder victims in Paris?

Yes the song is about him and no he didn't write about a terrorist attack that hadn't happened yet but it is a song about throwing his arms around the city of Paris as it comforts him when he's lonely. A positive song about a place unsettled by violence. A gesture

Back
Top Bottom