Is it true that

Morrissey's dad used to turn up to Smith's concerts inebriated and invade the stage and stuff?

His family were sitting behind me at one of the RAH shows. His dad looked the model of respectability wearing a nice suit. Not the sort to be invading the stage. I could see where Morrissey got the forehead from. I think his mum was more into it though. It was quite novel having the family sat behind me.

His family were sitting behind me at one of the RAH shows. His dad looked the model of respectability wearing a nice suit. Not the sort to be invading the stage. I could see where Morrissey got the forehead from. I think his mum was more into it though. It was quite novel having the family sat behind me.

Wow. :guitar:

Could someone post photos of Morrissey's family?

I have seen some on Comtesses site, currently trying to find them.

EDIT: There are a few older ones of his family and him as a young'un at this link. Also, if you type 'Morrissey Lee Black Childers' into Google images and click on the first one that comes up, his sister is the blonde lady to the left of him. :)

Last edited:

Wow! What a bizarre experience.

Back in the '80s I remember hearing that his father went on some radio show while drunk and said a bunch of dumbass things. I seem to recall that he emphasized that Morrissey is 100% Irish, because that was a big deal for him.

Don't quote me on this because it's just a vague memory and I have no idea what my sources are for this memory.

I have read those things about Morrissey's father as well, though I haven't heard any comfirmed reports - but presumably Suedehead is about this...

"Why do you come here, when you know it makes things hard for me"

:squiffy:

I have read those things about Morrissey's father as well, though I haven't heard any comfirmed reports - but presumably Suedehead is about this...

"Why do you come here, when you know it makes things hard for me"

:squiffy:
I heard Suedehead was about something very different.

*cough*

His dad and mum were sitting together? Hmm. I thought even now they wouldn't be seen together. Interesting. I would've turned around and said, 'You did alright by this one.' :D

I'd heard about this somewhere too, but when I looked in Mozipedia under 'Family' it wasn't there, only saying that his dad turned up to a few RAH gigs in 2002 and has t-shirts and cassettes.

:rolleyes:
Sounds like Freddie Lennon recording that single about being a Liverpuddlian sea merchant or whatever after John made it big with the Beatles. Only a little less talent here :o

Yes he was after the young girls..

R. Kelly? What? :D

His dad and mum were sitting together? Hmm. I thought even now they wouldn't be seen together. Interesting. I would've turned around and said, 'You did alright by this one.' :D

His mum was seated and his father and another relative were standing at the side of the box watching the show. I'm not a stalker though! I vaguely recognised his mother from one of the pictures in the severed alliance and Morrissey senior was unmistakable in profile. I was dubious as to who they were at the start of the show but it all made sense when it was announced that the parents were in the audience. A tenuous claim to fame really.

Back
Top Bottom