Is It Okay For Vegetarians To Kill Spiders?

I actually like having spiders around; they don't bug me and they feed on flies and mosquitoes. They also entertain the cats. Pretty glorious domestic permaculture :D

But to answer your question I think you should just follow your heart and do/say what your comfortable with. I could be wrong here but is it possible that your mother doesn't like the fact that you're a vegetarian? Maybe she tries to to make it harder on you, hoping that you'll just give it up.

Technically, the definition of a vegetarian is ...

vegetarian
Noun
a person who does not eat meat or fish
Adjective
excluding meat and fish: a vegetarian diet
vegetarianism n

So as long as you are not eating the spiders, technically you are still a vegetarian.I am being a bit silly here, but I am sure you see what I am driving at.Personally, I don't mind spiders.I suppose if a bug attacks you and bites you,say like a mosquito then you are simply defending yourself.

Technically, the definition of a vegetarian is ...

So as long as you are not eating the spiders, technically you are still a vegetarian.I am being a bit silly here, but I am sure you see what I am driving at.Personally, I don't mind spiders.I suppose if a bug attacks you and bites you,say like a mosquito then you are simply defending yourself.

And to think that all this time I've avoided killing cows & chickens, just because I'm a vegetarian.

ANIMAL BLOOD WILL FLOW TONIGHT!

Chickens breaking up Rabbit fight. Aww , the police force of the farm.

Last edited by a moderator:
We once had racoons or squirrels in the attic when I was very young. Those varmints never left the premises alive.

Re: hmmmmm

...and the spiders who must be killed...

I try not to kill spiders, ive got a spider catcher, its got a longish handle so you dont have to get too close, and a sliding door

I have something similar, it's a vacuum tube thingy, sucks them in and traps them (end cap). Sometimes I let them go if I'm feeling brave enough to uncap it. I'm deathly afraid of spiders. Lottie and I could never live together. :o:p

Ooh! I just remembered one, and it has to be a real memory, because we don't have any pics of it. I had a tiny fishing pole that had an orange fish handle or something, and I remember looking down into a pool of water and watching minnows. When I told my parents this a few years ago, they said that that was at my grandfather's cabin, which he sold when I was about 2.

I've been fascinated by fish (not fishing) ever since.

Re: hmmmmm

...and the spiders who must be killed...

I have something similar, it's a vacuum tube thingy, sucks them in and traps them (end cap). Sometimes I let them go if I'm feeling brave enough to uncap it. I'm deathly afraid of spiders. Lottie and I could never live together. :o:p

Isn't the actual name of your "spider catcher" a "man"? :D

We once had racoons or squirrels in the attic when I was very young. Those varmints never left the premises alive.

There are a lot of things to kill and a lot of ways to make yourself sound cold or whatever affect it is you are going for. Positioning yourself as a person that is proud or happy when things die doesn't leap to mind as the first or best option to accomplish it.

There are a lot of things to kill and a lot of ways to make yourself sound cold or whatever affect it is you are going for. Positioning yourself as a person that is proud or happy when things die doesn't leap to mind as the first or best option to accomplish it.

I took him to mean that he watched Saturday morning cartoons on the TV in the attic.

Back
Top Bottom