Is "I Just Want to See the Boy Happy"...

dagenham don

Head in the clouds
...a sequel to "He Knows I'd Love to See Him?" I never made a connection between the two songs until now. Are the concepts related?

...a sequel to "He Knows I'd Love to See Him?" I never made a connection between the two songs until now. Are the concepts related?
I don't know, we can only speculate who or what this or that song is about, but one of the theories about "He Knows I'd Love To See Him" is that it was about his relationship with his father.

Morrissey has said that He Knows I'd Love To See Him was about Marr (as a fair number of songs are before he met up with Boz + Alain), so Boy Happy could be about Marr as well.

The father/son theory does sound very interesting though.

I always thought that 'I Just Want To See The Boy Happy' was Morrissey passing the torch, in the vein that he is singing about someone else, and bemoaning the misery of another person, rather than himself. I think because the majority of Tormentors is biographical that's why that song stands out and why I think that. Also, unlike 'He Knows', the music is bombastic.

Morrissey has said that He Knows I'd Love To See Him was about Marr (as a fair number of songs are before he met up with Boz + Alain), so Boy Happy could be about Marr as well.

The father/son theory does sound very interesting though.

I think you're getting confused with Angel, Down we go together. That's the song he said was about Marr and he also said it was the only post-Smiths song he'd written about Marr.

Back
Top Bottom