Is everybody watching the Bush news conference?

B

Bertie

He is looking old -- all of a sudden, and a little pale as well.

But, maybe it is just my tv.

What do you guys think?

> He is looking old -- all of a sudden, and a little pale as well.

> But, maybe it is just my tv.

> What do you guys think?

that this is the last act of a desperate man because he knows now that the only people supporting his social security reform are either diehards who think that everything the president says is genius and must be obeyed, people who will agree with the republicans even if it meant killing their first born, or those people who think that this is part of the plan to fight the terrorists.

however, i'm only guessing about what was said because i didn't watch. i went out for my evening walk.

> that this is the last act of a desperate man because he knows now that the
> only people supporting his social security reform are either diehards who
> think that everything the president says is genius and must be obeyed,
> people who will agree with the republicans even if it meant killing their
> first born, or those people who think that this is part of the plan to
> fight the terrorists.

> however, i'm only guessing about what was said because i didn't watch. i
> went out for my evening walk.

The S.S. Plan doesn't really appeal to the 40 something, lower middle class person, who can't save much.

Re: No, Taking a shit is much more interesting.

> that this is the last act of a desperate man because he knows now that the
> only people supporting his social security reform are either diehards who
> think that everything the president says is genius and must be obeyed,
> people who will agree with the republicans even if it meant killing their
> first born, or those people who think that this is part of the plan to
> fight the terrorists.

His SS reform is going down in flames, but you can't refute this one thing he said: He put ideas for SS forward and the Demcorats refuse to do likewise even though he's repeatedly asked them to bring their own ideas to the table.

You sound like a reactionary to me.

Andrew Sullivan's probably right, though, and however good (and exciting) some of his ideas are for SS in THEORY, the deficits Bush has created make the transition cost something we can't handle right now.

I sure would love the OPTION of a private account, however!

And I sure don't approve of SS as it is today. It's been completely crooked ever since the shady Lyndon Johnson mixed SS with the general fund to hide how much in debt we were going on his Vietnam disastor. Ever since then SS has been a SCAM run like Enron, and frankly there should be criminal charges filed against members of both parties over it.

> He is looking old -- all of a sudden, and a little pale as well.

> But, maybe it is just my tv.

> What do you guys think?

He looked a little nervous, as usual, but I find him kind of cute during press conferences. Like someone who crammed all night and is trying to get his brain in gear to show off some of the fun facts he memorized. Like about crude oil. When he gets his brain in gear and a little light bulb goes on upstairs for a moment, he does this move where he places his arm to his belly like he's about to bow, and then he raises his voice to emphasise a certain key word. He also said NUCLEAR instead of NUCULAR, so our boy is indeed learning.

I also get flashbacks to the guy on SNL who does an impression of him: "uhhhh....uhhhhh...errr.....uhhh...this is....HARD....it's HARD work....."

Anyway, there's genuine diversity in the emerging new Iraqi democratic government, represtative of all the groups in Iraq. So it's looking (knock on wood) like an apology will eventually be in order from those (like Suzanne) who told us this was impossible.

You know how Morrissey sings in "America Is Not The World" that we've never had a black president? Well look at Iraq. Their interim president is Kurdish leader Jalal Talabani. That is the equivalent of an African American being made president of the United States immediately after our Civil War! The Iraqis continue to amaze with how much they want a real democracy. Cheers to them.