Poll Is David Bowie the most popular artist among Solo users (apart from Morrissey)?

Is David Bowie the most popular artist among Solo users (apart from Morrissey)?

• Total voters
In that case I would go for R.E.M. being the obvious winner. The R.E.M-thread here has 5k replies, and counting.

But I rarely see REM being mentioned in general discussions, etc. The REM thread, though popular, I see very detached from the Morrissey site.

It’s all REM on some distant beach where Moz’s waters never reach.

Yes if we were to judge just by the threads title, then you would definitely be correct.

But after reading Gregory’s first post …

‘David and love for David pop up in many a thread on this forum and it’s blatantly obvious that this man and his music mean a lot to a lot of people here. I would even say that he probably is the most beloved artist of all on Solo. Do you agree?’

I take it as an observation of appreciative posts on a single artist made by various members over a period of time. Which I don’t think a poll can really measure.
This is correct.

for me when the year became 1980 bowies career was on the slide and he became a pop star rather than a leading music figure and trendsetter.

If not David, I wonder who the artist is that most users on Solo would rally around, so to speak.

David brought a lot together, so other than Bowie, It/we would be divided I’m guessing.

Gonna see Moonage tomorrow most likely.
I think so too. Still, the naysayers are in “the lead”. They might have misunderstood the question, though.

Ah, nice. Report back!

I have now voted and I voted yes. He’s not my favorite artist, but it seems like he’s the most popular artist in general on M Solo.

Back
Top Bottom