Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

:lbf: I give up.

Did you not read my post properly? Many people aren’t blaming China at all. They are starting to look at the American finger prints all over this.

And of course China would blink first in a trade war. They still need customers to sell their shit to end their economy is do laughably propped up by the govt it’s as ready to fall over as America is.

Oh and the ‘Chinese test of tech.’ LOL They have stolen it all off the West.

My apologies: I did read your post properly, but I assumed you were implying more broadly that U.S. bioweapons funding & data ended up at the Wuhan lab, where (presumably) the Chinese failed to contain the virus. Even if true, that doesn't mean many congressional Republicans "aren't blaming China at all." They're still blaming China full blast, but they're also shaming U.S. collaboration with China, which is a cherry on top for them. And in any case, the DOJ findings they cite put the leak at the CCDC, not the WIV lab (where the gain-of-function research was allegedly being conducted and the funds & data allegedly went), so their theory remains wildly inconsistent, desperate to connect any dots it can.

At this point we can only place our bets on a potential trade war. But two things I know about many of my fellow Americans is that they have no capacity for austerity and that they get petulant over almost any inconvenience. Americans would not deal with it well if the supply of goods from China got turned off, whereas the poor Chinese under the totalitarian boot would be forced to "just deal with it" when the American money stopped rolling in. Which government is more likely to turn its military on its own people?

Last edited:
He's got a reputation as a grifter - but even if he had access to the data & understood it - there's no way anyone could churn out content at that rate & be genuinely researching it.
that's why we don't want to see "anyone" in research and analysis, because "anyone" wouldn't be capable of doing that sort of work. neither do you have to be a genius. but the difference between what you call a "grifter" and "anyone" is, to put it simply, some intelligence and a disciplined work ethic.

that's why we don't want to see "anyone" in research and analysis, because "anyone" wouldn't be capable of doing that sort of work. neither do you have to be a genius. but the difference between what you call a "grifter" and "anyone" is, to put it simply, some intelligence and a disciplined work ethic.

He's 'anyone'.

There is a problem with the media booking non-experts as experts because they say whatever the producer thinks will get viewers - YouTube is just a less respectable but more lucrative grift.

My apologies: I did read your post properly, but I assumed you were implying more broadly that U.S. bioweapons funding & data ended up at the Wuhan lab, where (presumably) the Chinese failed to contain the virus. Even if true, that doesn't mean many congressional Republicans "aren't blaming China at all." They're still blaming China full blast, but they're also shaming U.S. collaboration with China, which is a cherry on top for them. And in any case, the DOJ findings they cite put the leak at the CCDC, not the WIV lab (where the gain-of-function research was allegedly being conducted and the funds & data allegedly went), so their theory remains wildly inconsistent, desperate to connect any dots it can.

At this point we can only place our bets on a potential trade war. But two things I know about many of my fellow Americans is that they have no capacity for austerity and that they get petulant over almost any inconvenience. Americans would not deal with it well if the supply of goods from China got turned off, whereas the poor Chinese under the totalitarian boot would be forced to "just deal with it" when the American money stopped rolling in. Which government is more likely to turn its military on its own people?
And to some extent they are justified. Regardless of whom developed it, it was clear that in the last quarter of 2019 China knew they had a problem in Wuhan and while they cut off Wuhan from much of the rest of China they still allowed international flights in and out of Wuhan. they also put pressure on the WHO to announce in early 2020 that the virus wasn't likely to be transmitted easily from human to human, another lie. You don't have to support Republicans to understand this. Shoot even Jon Stewart stated the obvious, that it most likely came from the lab.

Bit of a sad photo for me as that place on the left was a fab Italian called Villaagio that shut down during the pandemic.
Not to start a war of conflicting opinions but a lot of restaurants and people lost their livelihood due to draconian and over-zealous politicians who didn't care about regular people as long as they could have their own free private garden parties while getting a leg over their secretaries.
Moz was probably right when he called it Convid. To question the lock-up was almost considered unpatriotic. Moz is still paying the price for speaking his mind.

Not to start a war of conflicting opinions but a lot of restaurants and people lost their livelihood due to draconian and over-zealous politicians who didn't care about regular people as long as they could have their own free private garden parties while getting a leg over their secretaries.
Moz was probably right when he called it Convid. To question the lock-up was almost considered unpatriotic. Moz is still paying the price for speaking his mind.

Oh he called it Kung flu as well, didn't he? So funny.

Moz was probably right when he called it Convid.
Tell that to the 220,000+ who died in the UK from it. Tell that to Kate Garraway's husband. Tell that to those of us who lost people close to us and saw first hand what it did to them and how it sucked the very last breaths from them.

Morrissey wasn't right to call it a con and neither is anyone else. Ignorant, selfish fools, the whole lot of you.

Tell that to the 220,000+ who died in the UK from it. Tell that to Kate Garraway's husband. Tell that to those of us who lost people close to us and saw first hand what it did to them and how it sucked the very last breaths from them.

Morrissey wasn't right to call it a con and neither is anyone else. Ignorant, selfish fools, the whole lot of you.
All the sudden deaths after people getting boosters. I suppose that was delayed shock from not dying from covid.

And to some extent they are justified. Regardless of whom developed it, it was clear that in the last quarter of 2019 China knew they had a problem in Wuhan and while they cut off Wuhan from much of the rest of China they still allowed international flights in and out of Wuhan. they also put pressure on the WHO to announce in early 2020 that the virus wasn't likely to be transmitted easily from human to human, another lie. You don't have to support Republicans to understand this. Shoot even Jon Stewart stated the obvious, that it most likely came from the lab.
who

It didn't convince me when Jon Stewart said it either. His whole thing was "it started in Wuhan! And there's a virology lab in Wuhan!" But correlation does not prove causation. He didn't address why he thought it more likely came from a lab, when labs have safety standards and precautionary procedures, as opposed to a live-slaughter wet market where sanitation is notoriously poor. Previous pandemics had come from wet markets, not labs—he failed to factor in prior probability. He also didn't speak to why what we know about the virus doesn't align well with a hypothesis of it being engineered. There was a lot missing from his "stating the obvious." He was just spewing an intuition, and he sounded as ignorant as any congressional Republican.

He's got a reputation as a grifter - but even if he had access to the data & understood it - there's no way anyone could churn out content at that rate & be genuinely researching it.
It depends who you listen to. John Campbell's been offering health education videos to the public on a whole host of everyday conditions for decades. He's been one of the few human public faces during the pandemic covering practical aspects and trying to explain with honesty what's been going on.

One paper he shared was entitled The Illusion of Evidence-based Medicine, published in the BMJ, a summary of a book by the same name whose 2 authors were involved as expert witnesses in several cases of fraud, criminal negligence and other now everyday infringements committed by pharmaceutical companies, resulting in multi-billion dollar fines, which they since routinely budget for e.g. https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/just...gest-health-care-fraud-settlement-its-history

I'd say people understand you're looking out for Morrissey, to minimise his associations in the public mind with controversial topics which, for the time being, and given the media freeze of last year, is a sort of admirable position, although this side thread with people sharing concerns and information is unlikely to do much damage 🕊️

He's 'anyone'.

There is a problem with the media booking non-experts as experts because they say whatever the producer thinks will get viewers - YouTube is just a less respectable but more lucrative grift.
Experts often make for poor science because of a bias towards group-think and dependence on authoritarian voices.

Well, America is starting to join the worldwide trend of blasting protesters to kingdom come, or the gulag
and

It depends who you listen to. John Campbell's been offering health education videos to the public on a whole host of everyday conditions for decades. He's been one of the few human public faces during the pandemic covering practical aspects and trying to explain with honesty what's been going on.

One paper he shared was entitled The Illusion of Evidence-based Medicine, published in the BMJ, a summary of a book by the same name whose 2 authors were involved as expert witnesses in several cases of fraud, criminal negligence and other now everyday infringements committed by pharmaceutical companies, resulting in multi-billion dollar fines, which they since routinely budget for e.g. https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/just...gest-health-care-fraud-settlement-its-history

I'd say people understand you're looking out for Morrissey, to minimise his associations in the public mind with controversial topics which, for the time being, and given the media freeze of last year, is a sort of admirable position, although this side thread with people sharing concerns and information is unlikely to do much damage 🕊️

I'm not really worried about him over this - at the moment ! I'm just picking up the gossip.

‘He’s got a reputation as a grifter.’ LOL They think they can just make a blanket statement and that ends the debate.

Last edited:
What I find really weird about Covid is that taxi drivers are telling me about the various online conspiracy theories & not just actors who are always barking & curing themselves with vitamin supplements & energised crystals while assuming MI6 are after them for auditioning for Rachel Corrie.

Well, America is starting to join the worldwide trend of blasting protesters to kingdom come, or the gulag

Starting? The federal government put Japanese Americans in detention camps in the 40s, and local governments sicced dogs and turned fire hoses on civil rights protesters in the 60s. But those were minority groups, whereas the populace as a whole might revolt when starved of their precious “stuff.” And this is a citizenry with the highest rate of gun ownership in the world. I seriously doubt that the America government would shaft its own people harder than the PRC in a trade war.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom