Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

it's been awhile since i last had a real viral infection with a fever.
September 23.
Almost half a year.

i feel a bit wobbly and prone to lying down today as i have been struggling since yesterday with what could be a laryngitis.
it's not a piercing throat inflammation, which usually heralds a subsequent cold or flu, but rather a painful obstruction in my larynx which only makes itself noticeable when i try to swallow. No coughing, but my nose is a bit blocked, just a little bit of a fever. i prefer not to speak.
So, i guess, the larynx is the site where the battle is taking place at the moment. if i still had my cats, i would take one of them, make them purr, and then wrap them around my throat for protection and healing. but that's not possible any longer.

my hope is that i get through this quickly. i was able to double my vitamin d levels to an optimum of 50 ng/ml compared to december 2021, so, i am well-equipped. I am not an advocate of medication, but surprisingly, i was also able to lower by half my slightly heightened thyroid levels to an optimum of 2,7 witout any further medication, also within this same year, just by taking vitamin d,k2,mag on a regular basis. my GP never thought it necessary to intervene, even though i have often enough complained about fatigue, etc. At least, he didn't prescribe any drugs just for drugs' sake.
It seems that here in central europe, ordinary people who experienced some health benefits from vitamin supplementation are not allowed to spread the news on social media. Shame upon those who think evil of it.

I am very proud of my immune system. Not sure if this (see above) was a corona symptom, but I'm almost done with this infection.

The gamechanger was a cup of camomile tea that i brewed at four o'clock tonight and gargled with it in my bed. Don't want to get too much into detail about what happened next, but there was a huge lump of something that had accumulated around my tonsils and inside my throat, and i got rid of it immediately. After the inflammation was almost gone, i could sleep like a baby. i woke up with a clear head this morning. still a bit wobbly though.

lots of sick people at work at the moment. i, in contrast, will stay at home for a few days, because even though the virus has lost its impetus, i don't want to unsettle folks or infect them. Actually, i thought that this is what responsible adult human beings do. But wrong. it's even worse than it was before the pandemic. There they sit in front of you, sometimes for an hour or longer, and sneeze, and wheeze, and snort, and cough, and hyperventilate, without a mask of course, and windows closed please, coz it's soooooo cold, thank you.

Quite a lot of people are sick with infections or covid for a long time, sometimes for weeks, and when they return, they are still symptomatic. They talk about how hard it has been this time, a simple cold has never felt so bad. two coworkers are on sick leave indefinetely, both in their 30s, a little tendency towards obesity, but not severely. they had disappeared overnight, rumours had it that something "dramatic" had derailed them, hospital stays had been necessary.

i havent been sick at all yet this year and i am positively chomping at the bit for a good old bout of flu or fever, not just because being sick never fails to make me feel like im being wrapped in a warm quilt of heavenly vapours, but because i have five paid sick days (well, four actually, because i pretended sick one day) to avail myself of. when oh when will sickness come like winged seraphim and attend to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?!?!?!

Last edited:
Can I trust those who were critical of Morrissey’s Covid stance have now recognised their error?

Can I trust those who were critical of Morrissey’s Covid stance have now recognised their error?
Maybe you could tell us what you think his stance on Covid was? I see in the news today that Novak Djokovic has been denied entry to the US because he refuses to be vaccinated against Covid-19, which reminds me that Morrissey seemed to be anti vax too. Central's message from Morrissey on 27 October 2021 was 'YOUR VACCINATION:' and a link to a Fox News YouTube video in which Tucker Carlson reported that Peta were calling for Dr. Fauci to resign. By saying 'your' rather than 'our' Central implied that Morrissey was unvaccinated. That would certainly have fitted with earlier messages that suggested the pandemic was a manufactured scam or lie, and made links between coronavirus and kung fu and also with being carnivorous. But if he is unvaccinated how has he been able to come and go between Europe to America? Surely he must be vaccinated or else a dual citizen or US resident? He is lucky if he qualifies for dual citizenship - even Boris Johnson couldn't manage that! If Morrissey is in fact a US resident but able to travel on a European country's passport too (eg UK or Eire), I find it strange that he would have involved himself in the politics of a country he doesn't reside in, especially as that has been so damaging to his reputation.

Just as an aside, I wouldn’t personally call anyone who qualifies for dual citizenship with the US “lucky”. The only thing dual US citizenship assures anyone of is that they will have a permanent US tax obligation on worldwide income earned for life. That is, even income that is not earned in the US, would then incur a lifelong US tax obligation even if said person earned it outside of the US and never set foot in the US again in their life. It’s what I would call lose-lose.

True on the point that the US still isn’t granting exceptions for entry (or re-entry) on basis of existing work visas though, including for people who had been in the US for several years even prior to Covid with valid visas for expat jobs

All while still not checking anyone for covid or for vaccines for any other kind of illness at the border of course, just shuttling them all in by the millions, but I digress.

Can I trust that the Sweden-bashers have now recognised their errors?

Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 17.15.06.png

Can I trust that the Sweden-bashers have now recognised their errors?

View attachment 89359
No - it refers to the lowest increase in excess mortality rather than absolute excess mortality. And it’s also not age related. The position is far more complex than being able to summarise like this. General rule of thumb - people pointing to a nice graphic to prove their point suffer from confirmation bias and will be along soon to suggest naysayers are pharma bots.

No - it refers to the lowest increase in excess mortality rather than absolute excess mortality. And it’s also not age related. The position is far more complex than being able to summarise like this. General rule of thumb - people pointing to a nice graphic to prove their point suffer from confirmation bias and will be along soon to suggest naysayers are pharma bots.

Thanks Mr Hancock.

i havent been sick at all yet this year and i am positively chomping at the bit for a good old bout of flu or fever, not just because being sick never fails to make me feel like im being wrapped in a warm quilt of heavenly vapours, but because i have five paid sick days (well, four actually, because i pretended sick one day) to avail myself of. when oh when will sickness come like winged seraphim and attend to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?!?!?!
Maybe you're a masochist. I'm watching this interview of an extreme one. I wonder if she likes getting sick too.

Maybe you're a masochist. I'm watching this interview of an extreme one. I wonder if she likes getting sick too.

im not watching that because it's probably stupid since you posted it, but i would say that many sensitive people probably are masochists. being a masochist doesnt mean you like pain. absolutely nobody likes pain. it wouldnt be pain if you liked it. liking pain is a contradiction like 'rape fantasy'(please dont take this as an invitation to talk about your rape fantasies, because i dont wanna hear your nonsense). a masochist is someone who simply recognizes a second emergent property after the initial pain, which is the release of serotonin, or the out-of-body feeling, or the sense of being integrated in the moment, in a more intense reality, or present in the body. we all have this to some degree, but people who arent masochists are maybe just not very sensitive to it or they've been conditioned to not be open to the experience.

i probably am a bit of a masochist because when i was little i stuck my finger in the tail gate of my dads truck before he closed it and ive been known to enjoy stumbling about with a headache from time to time (and in that there's the twofold pleasure of both the headache and the stumbling about) and even menstrual cramps (on the rare occasion that i get them). but as far as sickness goes, i dont categorize it as painful at all, as it's always felt just lovely to me, and the idea that someone would have to be a masochist to enjoy sickness is just so absurd to me and not something i can relate to at all. it's possible that i just experience sickness differently than you do. i can only describe it has having the feeling of spring, when the air changes and becomes soft, and the warm fragrant winds of other worlds are swirling all around.

im not watching that because it's probably stupid since you posted it, but i would say that many sensitive people probably are masochists. being a masochist doesnt mean you like pain. absolutely nobody likes pain. it wouldnt be pain if you liked it. liking pain is a contradiction like 'rape fantasy'(please dont take this as an invitation to talk about your rape fantasies, because i dont wanna hear your nonsense). a masochist is someone who simply recognizes a second emergent property after the initial pain, which is the release of serotonin, or the out-of-body feeling, or the sense of being integrated in the moment, in a more intense reality, or present in the body. we all have this to some degree, but people who arent masochists are maybe just not very sensitive to it or they've been conditioned to not be open to the experience.

i probably am a bit of a masochist because when i was little i stuck my finger in the tail gate of my dads truck before he closed it and ive been known to enjoy stumbling about with a headache from time to time (and in that there's the twofold pleasure of both the headache and the stumbling about) and even menstrual cramps (on the rare occasion that i get them). but as far as sickness goes, i dont categorize it as painful at all, as it's always felt just lovely to me, and the idea that someone would have to be a masochist to enjoy sickness is just so absurd to me and not something i can relate to at all. it's possible that i just experience sickness differently than you do. i can only describe it has having the feeling of spring, when the air changes and becomes soft, and the warm fragrant winds of other worlds are swirling all around.
The woman in the interview is proud to be a masochist. She shows off her bruises, cuts, and scars with joy. When you posted a photo of your forearm scars, and your little finger scar, I bet you showed them with joy too.

That video is about a woman who derives sexual gratification from pain or humiliation (emphasis on sexual). Nothing at all do with what rifke was talking about. Or the corona virus, for that matter.

I'm not exactly a prude, but - for God’s sake - do you have to sneak sexual deviancy and sexual violence into every goddamn thread on here?

That video is about a woman who derives sexual gratification from pain or humiliation (emphasis on sexual). Nothing at all do with what rifke was talking about. Or the corona virus, for that matter.

I'm not exactly a prude, but - for God’s sake - do you have to sneak sexual deviancy and sexual violence into every goddamn thread on here?
I just thought rifke might find the interview interesting because of the quality of taking pride in what most people try to avoid.

Besides, the woman in the interview doesn't just do it for sexual gratification. She gets people to beat herself up for non sexual pleasure too.

Kind of like, rifke sticking her little finger where she knew it would get hurt.

Back
Top Bottom