Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

My boss has the right now to inquire about my vaccination status. The law has been changed last week.
Nobody knows, where this data is going to be stored and who has access to it. At the moment, he has the right to do so till the end of November.
I doubt he will do it, but I will have to brace myself mentally for such a situation if it should occur. After all, he is a careerist.
Seems that the outgoing conservative government wants to strengthen the position of employers before exiting the stage, which is not surprising.
It's amazing how quickly these things can happen. I wouldn't be surprised if the intimidation and fear-mongering politics of the current government, that I will mostly remember for their sleazy and hypocritical corruption scandals, will lead to the extremist right-wing parties becoming very popular in the next election. And then the shit is really going to hit the fan.
I don't put too much hope into the green party and the leftists, as they haven't shown any strength of character in the past months, instead, they seem to be really unprofessional, so they will be made compliant with big business lobby interests rather sooner than later.

actually, no shots.

Only in the UK though :(
Frankly, you could be forgiven for thinking that the US would primarily lose patience with those who want to take away personal choice. I accept personal ‘freedom’ was always a myth, but it used to be one that US presidents publicly championed.

Frankly, you could be forgiven for thinking that the US would primarily lose patience with those who want to take away personal choice. I accept personal ‘freedom’ was always a myth, but it used to be one that US presidents publicly championed.

Wish I was in the UK though, being vegan as I am.

I have lost some work here due to proof of vax status.

It's terrible if they won't even accept a test.

Yep. I don’t know why they don’t. I think it’s insane.

I’d feel much safer in a room full
of people that handed in a negative
test result rather than a room full of vaccinated people.

Fortunately it’s not my only place of work, so far. So I’ll see this through.

Yep. I don’t know why they don’t. I think it’s insane.

I’d feel much safer in a room full
of people that handed in a negative
test result rather than a room full of vaccinated people.

Fortunately it’s not my only place of work, so far. So I’ll see this through.

Why not both? That would be the safest.

Very good. Probably more to do with a fear of the backbenchers/defeat than the liberal principle, but very good news nonetheless.
Yes, coming together with a rise in taxes the policy would’ve contributed to some significant discontent within the Tory party. Whilst I welcome the decision, I’m a little concerned that its ditching might recognise nascent plans for some more comprehensive Covid ID scheme—to be revived when the political climate is more favourable for our incumbents.

Wish I was in the UK though, being vegan as I am.

I have lost some work here due to proof of vax status.
Sorry to hear that coming from the land of the free. Seems that the fear of professional reprisals has turned into a reality overnight. When it comes to veganism as an alternative and healthy life style worthy of state protection, Mr Biden rather seems to be a segregationist than an advocate for diversity. Outside hooey, inside phooey.
The last time we had employment bans here at my place was in the 70s, when politically critical university students were not allowed to enter the civil service. As I wrote above, the first steps towards reprisals for the unvaccinated at the workplace have been taken here as well.

Why not both? That would be the safest.
That would be the best, but as vaccinated people do not have to test any longer when showing symptoms, this thought has become completely unrealistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear that coming from the land of the free. Seems that the fear of professional reprisals has turned into a reality overnight. When it comes to veganism as an alternative and healthy life style worthy of state protection, Mr Biden rather seems to be a segregationist than an advocate for diversity. Outside hooey, inside phooey.
The last time we had employment bans here at my place was in the 70s, when politically critical university students were not allowed to enter the civil service. As I wrote above, the first steps towards reprisals for the unvaccinated at the workplace have been taken here as well.

It recently dawned on me that the enforcement of vax status requirement has little to do with safer work places and is more likely another way for the city to make some funds back after lockdown and tourism being hit hard. People that enter a place of business without proof of vax status or a business that doesn’t enforce the policy would be heavily fined.

It recently dawned on me that the enforcement of vax status requirement has little to do with safer work places and is more likely another way for the city to make some funds back after lockdown and tourism being hit hard. People that enter a place of business without proof of vax status or a business that doesn’t enforce the policy would be heavily fined.
They all deserve a medal, not a fine.

In the long run, the psycho-social damage done by fear- and scaremongering, division, discrediting, defamation, misinformation and repressive measures against healthy unvaccinated people will be much more severe than the biological damage done by the virus.

Stick to hypothesizing about Morrissey, your delusions are best spent in that lane.

Stick to hypothesizing about Morrissey, your delusions are best spent in that lane.
Nobody needs your advice here. Do you have anything informative to contribute, or at least an evidence-based hypothesis?

In mind, body and soul

4. Conviction

******🙏*********

It's important to maintain your ego-strength is times of pervasive authoritarianism with its carrot-and-stick-policy.

Back
Top Bottom