Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

Masks to remain compulsory on London transport

You see, now it's all getting a bit messy & ultra-confusing.
There should be ONE national plan only, not regional, or splinter-group exceptions. FFS.
Obviously, I’m against these restrictions. Nevertheless, if you are going to have them their needs to be consistency. The current plans are a recipe for chaos. I’d like to say I can’t believe it. But I can, very easily.

Obviously, I’m against these restrictions. Nevertheless, if you are going to have them their needs to be consistency. The current plans are a recipe for chaos. I’d like to say I can’t believe it. But I can, very easily.
Which means it won't work. Chaos in this case is better than organizational precision.

Which means it won't work. Chaos in this case is better than organizational precision.
Well perhaps, but where there’s a void of order there’s always some opportunistic c***s willing to step in. It’s not the mask confusion itself which I perceive to be the problem.

So now the government is concerned about the high number of people being being 'pinged' by their NHS app. Why?
Because it tells people to self-isolate for 10 days. Why is that an issue? Because it results in people being off work as a result of being "pinged". Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick told LBC radio: "It is important that we have the app, that we take it seriously"..."But we are going to give further thought to how we can ensure it is a proportionate response."...which means they'll dial it down to make it less sensitive, & fudge the figures. Couldn't make it up really. This is where the use of data falls flat on its arse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tesco is joining Sainsbury's in announcing they will continue to ask shoppers to wear masks, even after the legal requirement to do so in England is dropped on Monday. Several airlines will continue to ask passengers to wear masks on-board. Masks will be mandated on the London Underground and other Transport for London services. All Police in England will continue to wear masks.
>42,000 new cases announced yesterday.

chaos.JPG

Just in time for freedom day, my workplace has today advised most staff to re-start working from home.

Why's that, did they sell the building in everyone's absence? :lbf:
I think there are that many people being told to isolate now, by the app, that people are now living more in fear of the software than the virus.

People are being sent home to save them from the Covid policies they begged for.

I can understand people not from the UK might be confused. Even I am. But let me reiterate, if not clarify: people are being to to stay at home (and effectively isolate voluntarily) lest the NHS app tells them to isolate (an instruction we’ve recently been told was merely advisory anyway).

We are living a Kafka novel.

I think there are that many people being told to isolate now, by the app, that people are now living more in fear of the software than the virus.

People are being sent home to save them from the Covid policies they begged for.

I can understand people not from the UK might be confused. Even I am. But let me reiterate, if not clarify: people are being to to stay at home (and effectively isolate voluntarily) lest the NHS app tells them to isolate (an instruction we’ve recently been told was merely advisory anyway).

We are living a Kafka novel.
Ahh, see my post of 12:24.
They created a monster which they're now looking to kill, or at the very least, manipulate, as it doesn't fit their agenda any longer.
Oh the irony.

Douglas Murray, writing in The Telegraph, suggests there’s some acceptance in Westminster that the “irreversible opening” will be reversed to another lockdown in September.
Surely not another case of "little bits of history repeating?"
Who'da thunk it...

England’s Covid unlocking is threat to world, say 1,200 scientists

"At an emergency summit on Friday government advisers in New Zealand, Israel and Italy sounded alarm bells about Downing Street’s policy, while more than 1,200 scientists backed a letter to the Lancet journal warning that the strategy could allow vaccine-resistant variants to develop.

The letter said: “We believe the government is embarking on a dangerous and unethical experiment, and we call on it to pause plans to abandon mitigations on July 19, 2021.”"

Stand by.

When I spoke to Captain Bertorelli earlier he held similar concerns, adding:

bertorelli.JPG

England’s Covid unlocking is threat to world, say 1,200 scientists

"At an emergency summit on Friday government advisers in New Zealand, Israel and Italy sounded alarm bells about Downing Street’s policy, while more than 1,200 scientists backed a letter to the Lancet journal warning that the strategy could allow vaccine-resistant variants to develop.

The letter said: “We believe the government is embarking on a dangerous and unethical experiment, and we call on it to pause plans to abandon mitigations on July 19, 2021.”"

Stand by.

When I spoke to Captain Bertorelli earlier he held similar concerns, adding:

View attachment 74242
Rightly or wrongly, we are almost certainly going into lockdown once more. At best, the government is making uninformed promises which it can’t make good on. At worst, it’s being manipulative in the most Machiavellian way imaginable.

Either way, the outcome will be electronic Covid passports: they are the end game for both ‘health’ campaigners and the more draconian elements of government. This unholy alliance is zealous enough to put the question of motive to one side—as it chases the oppressive goal. If there’s to be any credible resistance to the UK’s first ever peacetime internal ID scheme (and a first ever—anywhere—fully tracking national ID scheme), the disparate opposition elements will have to do the same (ie put differences aside).

We’ve given an awful lot up, awfully easily, over the past 18 months. The battle might already be lost.

A government representative (MP Lucy Frazer), speaks of the ‘irreversible’ lifting of restrictions today. Apparently, it’s unusual because

“if […] we do need to put back further restrictions, then that of course is something the government will look at."

Of course. What else could an ‘irreversible’ lifting mean?

Back
Top Bottom