Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

Young people from all over Europe coming to live and work in Sweden.

Young people from all over Europe coming to live and work in Sweden.

Even the price of beer is looking attractive, these days, compared to ‘world-beating’ Britain.

Your road traffic analogy doesn't really work. We accept a certain death toll on the roads as part of the price we have to pay to enjoy rapid and convenient travel. We trade the one for the other. But with COVID19 there is nothing to trade. COVID19 gives us absolutely no benefit to offset the huge amount of damage it does.
but i dont drive so what exactly do i get out of it? meanwhile im expected to pay taxes for roads so that other people can drive on them and potentially kill me? i didnt accept that risk, sorry.

and actually it's your refutation of the analogy that doesnt really work. you're basically saying that we except that certain deaths will be inevitable in order to get on with life and keep things moving at a desired pace. um, how is that different from not wanting a complete collapse of the economy (which in turn will kill more people than covid ever will) due to lockdowns?

no offence, but yer kinda dumm.

and not to mention, with the people who die of covid they're going to die anyway. lockdowns dont stop deaths, they simply hold them off for a little while. whereas getting all the cars off the roads WILL stop traffic accidents and deaths.

2400 plus dead yesterday with the total now 490000. I wonder what the total will end up being. The cdc mentions the Spanish flu killed an estimated 675000

I said to Dave at the Arboretum, today. I feel as though a common criminal has broken into my home at the dead of night, stolen my settee, and has come back round to my house the next day to sell it back to me at twice the cost. Its what the Torys always do and always have done. They take what is already yours and then make it look as though they're doing you a favour by giving it back. In this instance it just so happens to be my liberty we talk about. And if you tolerate this - then your children will be next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Child abuse on a mass scale. Thank God I've never reproduced, The price healthy children have paid for an illness that has no effect on them WHATSOEVER. Preventative medicine taken to the extreme. Children have sacrificed everything for this 'invention' and had nothing back in return. 'I believe the children are our future? ' I believe they've been treated like shit

Child abuse on a mass scale. Thank God I've never reproduced, The price healthy children have paid for an illness that has no effect on them WHATSOEVER. Preventative medicine taken to the extreme. Children have sacrificed everything for this 'invention' and had nothing back in return. 'I believe the children are our future? ' I believe they've been treated like shit
generational theft on an epic scale

The Beeb reassures us today that a “vaccine passport would need to meet ethical and legal standards including around data protection, human rights and equality and discrimination laws.”

Not that we’re having them, or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe this all may yet backfire. Boris is saying that we may need a jab to be able to go to a pub, eat in restaurants and go to the shops. The thing is that we've had a year now of not being able to do what we usually do. Is it such a hardship now to forfeit all those things for the sake of a jab? People have had to shop for groceries online and learn to live in reduced circumstances. If I can't go into a pub and walk up to the bar and ask for a drink and sit where I want why am I going to want to be spending £5 a drink when I've become used to sitting on the Arboretum with a bottle of brandy and feeding the squirrels and talking to Dave.? They may have shot themselves in the foot. It's been too long. People have got used to going without and making sacrifices. The mad rush they're hoping for when pubs, shops, gyms and parks open again, may be more of a trickle. Make people go without for too long and they'll find other ways of entertaining themselves. You can't have your cake and eat it. I certainly know I won't be going to any bars again until I can sit where I want and behave as I choose. Any other way, its not worth the cost of a drink
I hope the vaccination doesn't become mandatory 🙁

As a key worker in the UK, I can promise you the rhetoric is already there: It will become mandatory for us.

After weeks of uplifting talk about the effectiveness of the vaccine—today an MP said (on the radio) that ‘we don’t know how effective the vaccine is’: it now seems to be the questions about the vaccine (rather than what it might secure) that justify the clamour to make it a mandatory inoculation.

If anyone ever believed the cheap talk about the UK’s love of individual rights—they are about to have (if they’d missed it already) a hard dose of reality, together with their injections.

I saw a canadian article yesterday that said the vaccine may not do what we hoped after all what with all the new variations of covid, and that we were probably going to just have to learn to live with covid. That instead of cold & flu season, it will now be cold, flu & covid season. It seemed much more sensible and hope giving than all the other articles I've seen posted in mainstream media. But why did we have to go through all of this palaver to come to a conclusion that was obvious months ago?

I believe this all may yet backfire. Boris is saying that we may need a jab to be able to go to a pub, eat in restaurants and go to the shops. The thing is that we've had a year now of not being able to do what we usually do. Is it such a hardship now to forfeit all those things for the sake of a jab? People have had to shop for groceries online and learn to live in reduced circumstances. If I can't go into a pub and walk up to the bar and ask for a drink and sit where I want why am I going to want to be spending £5 a drink when I've become used to sitting on the Arboretum with a bottle of brandy and feeding the squirrels and talking to Dave.? They may have shot themselves in the foot. It's been too long. People have got used to going without and making sacrifices. The mad rush they're hoping for when pubs, shops, gyms and parks open again, may be more of a trickle. Make people go without for too long and they'll find other ways of entertaining themselves. You can't have your cake and eat it. I certainly know I won't be going to any bars again until I can sit where I want and behave as I choose. Any other way, its not worth the cost of a drink
That's right. Squirrels don't mind if you ain't got your jab.

I saw a canadian article yesterday that said the vaccine may not do what we hoped after all what with all the new variations of covid, and that we were probably going to just have to learn to live with covid. That instead of cold & flu season, it will now be cold, flu & covid season. It seemed much more sensible and hope giving than all the other articles I've seen posted in mainstream media. But why did we have to go through all of this palaver to come to a conclusion that was obvious months ago?
From what I’m gathering, there is a consensus that the vaccine offers short-term protection, only. Certainly, this seems to be the story being pushed by those who wish to make the vaccine mandatory.

Eventually, like everything, I think we'll all be conjoled into having this non essential drug put into us. I still don't think I'm selfish though. I think it's the grown adults who have seen fit to bring youngsters into this world and not safeguard they're basic human rights who are ten times as selfish as me. Especially when the children don't suffer from this illness. What happened to the principle of children and women first? When your ships sinking you look after your children and women. We've totally overridden the rights of children because fat, lazy, unhealthy adults can't cope with a virus. Like I say, being a fat, lazy, unhealthy lardarse is no longer a personal choice because it is affecting the liberty of the population as a whole. And no, healthy people aren't dying from this illness. Its fat, unfit lardarses who are.
And lockdowns are REALLY helping that situation...

Back
Top Bottom