Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

Well, we’d need to look at all those
that have had the killer virus but supernaturally survived.

Studies need to be done why some die (not obvious reasons) and some don’t, why some were expected to die, but they didn’t. Would be great to find out what kind of mindset these individuals have, I’m sure a positive mindset (not just age and immune system) played a large role in their survival.
Well good luck with that. There's probably a PhD in there somewhere, if you can get funding for it.

Well, we’d need to look at all those
that have had the killer virus but supernaturally survived.

Studies need to be done why some die (not obvious reasons) and some don’t, why some were expected to die, but they didn’t. Would be great to find out what kind of mindset these individuals have, I’m sure a positive mindset (not just age and immune system) played a large role in their survival.
Studies already seem to show that your mindset affects your health. It probably can't stop you from getting a disease but it can affect how you react to it and how badly it ultimately affects you. With this particular situation where so many people never show symptoms it would be difficult to prove either way, and "positive mindset" is kind of a nebulous concept that is difficult to quantify. This really is one for the "we can't really know" department.

But are you suggesting that the death tolls are what is responsible for people dying?

I love wearing a mask just walking down the street. This dude the other day was giving me the death glare and I just shrugged like "what?" If people are that stupid and easily triggered I am glad to be able to add to their stress with so little effort.
Where I live people just don't care. I've not seen it commented on by anyone. I don't wear a mask outside unless I'm in a queue for something but plenty do. Indoors, as in when going to the supermarket, pretty much everyone does wear a mask. I agree with you that it's a stupidly trivial thing to get upset about.

You were wearing a mask outside, of your own volition, benefiting neither yourself nor anyone else? He probably just thought you were a daft c***.
No he looked like those inbreds from the insurrection and he was mad-dogging me, giving me the ice grill, you know, but I guess he didn't have time to stop and do anything about his anger. I hope he doesn't have a heart attack.

Where I live people just don't care. I've not seen it commented on by anyone. I don't wear a mask outside unless I'm in a queue for something but plenty do. Indoors, as in when going to the supermarket, pretty much everyone does wear a mask. I agree with you that it's a stupidly trivial thing to get upset about.
I don't walk around all day with a mask on but if I come out of the store sometimes I don't take it off and it definitely angers some people.

Well if you even bothered to read what I wrote you seem to have failed to understand it so if that's your level of reading comprehension I won't detain you any further.
The gist of it appeared to be that although Johnson is a pathological liar, and capable of anything, and even though 99% of all deaths are being recorded as Covid deaths - this includes fatal road accidents and deaths which would usually be described as being from natural causes - and most hospitals in the UK have less patients in them than they'd normally have at this time of year thanks to the cancellations of virtually all non-Covid related appointments and treatment, you still believe Chris Whitty and co. and hold anyone who deviates from the establishment narrative with contempt. Does that just about cover it? Don't bother to respond, it was a rhetorical question, and with that, I'll bid you good day.

The gist of it appeared to be that although Johnson is a pathological liar, and capable of anything, and even though 99% of all deaths are being recorded as Covid deaths - this includes fatal road accidents and deaths which would usually be described as being from natural causes - and most hospitals in the UK have less patients in them than they'd normally have at this time of year thanks to the cancellations of virtually all non-Covid related appointments and treatment, you still believe Chris Whitty and co. and hold anyone who deviates from the establishment narrative with contempt. Does that just about cover it? Don't bother to respond, it was a rhetorical question, and with that, I'll bid you good day.
Finally some truth round here.

No he looked like those inbreds from the insurrection and he was mad-dogging me, giving me the ice grill, you know, but I guess he didn't have time to stop and do anything about his anger. I hope he doesn't have a heart attack.
I can't help feeling a degree of contempt for those who seem to revel in mask-wearing and want to be seen as virtuous and a good citizen by their peers - and that's really the only reason most of these twerps have - but if they wanna look like brainwashed morons then that's their affair.

Studies already seem to show that your mindset affects your health. It probably can't stop you from getting a disease but it can affect how you react to it and how badly it ultimately affects you. With this particular situation where so many people never show symptoms it would be difficult to prove either way, and "positive mindset" is kind of a nebulous concept that is difficult to quantify. This really is one for the "we can't really know" department.

But are you suggesting that the death tolls are what is responsible for people dying?

No I’m not suggesting that the death tolls are what is responsible for people dying. But they can’t really be helping the morale of the general public or the spirit of those that are fighting or trying to heal themselves of the virus. But, I’m also not saying that the media should hide the fact that people are dying from this virus.

I can't help feeling a degree of contempt for those who seem to revel in mask-wearing and want to be seen as virtuous and a good citizen by their peers - and that's really the only reason most of these twerps have - but if they wanna look like brainwashed morons then that's their affair.
Good. That's how it's supposed to make you feel. I don't think I wrote anything that even suggests wanting to be seen as virtuous. I'm simply saying that while I do believe masks can prevent transmission of the virus they can also be used to troll idiots with very little effort. You've convinced me to wear it more often. I'm putting it on right now.

Good. That's how it's supposed to make you feel. I don't think I wrote anything that even suggests wanting to be seen as virtuous. I'm simply saying that while I do believe masks can prevent transmission of the virus they can also be used to troll idiots with very little effort. You've convinced me to wear it more often. I'm putting it on right now.
I wasn't talking about you specifically. Not breathing or coughing in people's faces prevents transmission of viruses. If you wanna wear a mask why leave it there, why not a full hazmat suit if you're so concerned about other people? Or better still, stay indoors forever.

I do think staying inside isn't healthy and that the effectiveness of a lockdown, which depends on full cooperation of the people, needs to be reassessed. If we're not going to cooperate with prevention measures then shutting down all the small businesses actually does create a situation that feeds right into the wildest conspiracy theories about this whole situation. The people that are the most vulnerable probably aren't going out in public anyway and now that vaccines are available maybe they can be protected that way.

I do think staying inside isn't healthy and that the effectiveness of a lockdown, which depends on full cooperation of the people, needs to be reassessed. If we're not going to cooperate with prevention measures then shutting down all the small businesses actually does create a situation that feeds right into the wildest conspiracy theories about this whole situation. The people that are the most vulnerable probably aren't going out in public anyway and now that vaccines are available maybe they can be protected that way.
I think the problem is that in a post-truth age, with egregious liars in power around the world, but specifically in the UK, it's become impossible to trust what our so-called 'leaders' tell us, about virtually anything. We know they always have their own self-serving agenda, and whatever they tell the public is designed to serve that agenda. This being the case, how can we believe their version of events, particularly when it's being driven by scaremongering and terrifying the population into believing that, unless we do as we're told - by a bunch of self serving liars who have their own agenda - we'll bring down armageddon on ourselves. I'm not a 'Covid-denier', I don't doubt that there's a nasty bug out there which has a harmful impact on a, albeit tiny, percentage of the population, but every fibre of my being tells me we're being taken for a ride. The most compelling evidence that there's skullduggery afoot is the way the powers that be have shut down all dissenting voices and all opposition to the abiding narrative, and people are being literally criminalised for the tiniest of infractions in what is effectively a Police State. We really should be tripping over corpses in the streets in order to justify the draconian measures being implemented, but the truth is hardly anyone has been ill, and most people don't know anyone who has died from this, supposedly, killer virus.

I love wearing a mask just walking down the street. This dude the other day was giving me the death glare and I just shrugged like "what?" If people are that stupid and easily triggered I am glad to be able to add to their stress with so little effort.
Next time just put masking tape over all your air holes, Davey boy!

Back
Top Bottom