Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

Maybe it’s not for all couples, but nowadays most fathers want to be a part of the delivery. I’m sure Google or Wikipedia can give you the history of child birth through the decades.
sure they do, but sometimes they simply cant for many reasons, and then the mother has to deliver without the father, like my mother did, and she never made a fuss about it. and it is of course heartbreaking for the fathers too.
seems that a change came along in the 1970s when more men demanded to be present. before that, pregnant women and women giving birth were considered to be "dirty" so that men were advised to stay away from them.
probably this unscientific projection of being actually "the ones who are detrimental to male health" protected women and the unborn child from sexual claims of their partners during a very vulnerable time.

Last edited by a moderator:
sure they do, but sometimes they simply cant for many reasons, and then the mother has to deliver without the father, like my mother did, and she never made a fuss about it. and it is of course heartbreaking for the fathers too.
seems that a change came along in the 1970s when more men demanded to be present. before that, pregnant women and women giving birth were considered to be "dirty" so that men were advised to stay away from them.
probably this unscientific projection of being actually "the ones who are detrimental to male health" protected women and the unborn child from sexual claims of their partners during a very vulnerable time.

This is an interesting an article. https://www.npr.org/sections/health...me-when-dads-werent-welcome-in-delivery-rooms

And possibly a good read...
6855-EA0-A-5-B69-437-C-96-FE-7-AA197-A168-D9.jpg

So, I had to halt my government approved exercise period today as it's uncertain if I'm allowed to travel in my car the 3 miles to the place of exercise in the countryside. Apparently the police have drones out & roadblocks in place in certain parts of the UK to stop you going somewhere, where there are no people, to actually exercise. If I start piling on the pounds owing to gvmt & police policy I will sue.

There you have it. He said "wizardry of modern technology". He doesn't believe in science. That's why he didn't follow medical recommendations. Every single explanation of people's behavior is in their ideas and beliefs.

There you have it. He said "wizardry of modern technology". He doesn't believe in science. That's why he didn't follow medical recommendations. Every single explanation of people's behavior is in their ideas and beliefs.
Honestly, there's some awful rubbish being spouted about this disease. That's just he way he talks. He uses colourful language, he's well known for it. At every press conference he's been flanked by the hugely impressive Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Officer whose knowledge has informed all the advice given to the public at every stage. They have shared all their data to explain their decisions. Not being an expert in epidemiology myself, that's good enough for me.

Honestly, there's some awful rubbish being spouted about this disease. That's just he way he talks. He uses colourful language, he's well known for it. At every press conference he's been flanked by the hugely impressive Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Officer whose knowledge has informed all the advice given to the public at every stage. They have shared all their data to explain their decisions. Not being an expert in epidemiology myself, that's good enough for me.
Yes, they stand elbow to elbow while telling people to maintain a safe distance. No surprise he got it. But I'm sure he knows exactly what he's doing and it all makes sense to the experts.

Sorry if I offended you. I live in a country that's losing huge amounts of money everyday because of this pandemia. The government had to declare a quarantine and shut everything because the health system won't be able to cope with the situation. Then you have richer countries that decide to go on with their lives because their systems can cope with it, without caring about the spread of this virus to the rest of the globe. I know a boy that contracted the virus studying in the UK. He brought it here and now lots of people are in risk here without the advantages of richer countries health systems. That's all. Wizardry doesn't work for us.

Sorry if I offended you. I live in a country that's losing huge amounts of money everyday because of this pandemia. The government had to declare a quarantine and shut everything because the health system won't be able to cope with the situation. Then you have richer countries that decide to go on with their lives because their systems can cope with it, without caring about the spread of this virus to the rest of the globe. I know a boy that contracted the virus studying in the UK. He brought it here and now lots of people are in risk here without the advantages of richer countries health systems. That's all. Wizardry doesn't work for us.
No offence taken, countthree, and sorry if I sounded tetchy. I'm just a little fed up with people moaning: either that the government didn't shut things down in time, or that now they are shut down, it's too draconian. Everybody, it seems, is an armchair epidemiologist these days. As far as I can see, I think most governments are just doing their best in horrendous circumstances. The problems are global: nobody has enough hospital beds, nurses, ventilators, tests, protective equipment etc. You can't plan for Armageddon. But I get that it must be doubly frightening to see this unfolding in a country which is already struggling for resources. Hope you are managing to stay well.

UK coronavirus live: chief medical officer self-isolates with symptoms

Notice how the tabloid stories yesterday of the perfectly healthy girl who died of the virus have now changed to: she didn't die of the virus but something else. In fact she didn't have the virus at all. Worked nicely as a scary headline yesterday though, which is all that matters.

Lots of very sick elderly people who were already at death's door are dying with the virus as one of their additional illnesses but not dying of the virus. Yet their deaths are added to the list.

The whole thing is being hyped as a scare story to the max. Notice how everyone famous who catches it only suffers mild symptoms then quickly recovers?

I smell bullshit so strong here. The truth, whatever it is, will out eventually.

Last edited:
Boris, his Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Officer have been behind the curve on this and that’s plain for everybody to see. As the rest of the world reacted to the crisis they stuck their heads in the sand.

Boris, his Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Officer have been behind the curve on this and that’s plain for everybody to see. As the rest of the world reacted to the crisis they stuck their heads in the sand...up their arses.
FTFY

No offence taken, countthree, and sorry if I sounded tetchy. I'm just a little fed up with people moaning: either that the government didn't shut things down in time, or that now they are shut down, it's too draconian. Everybody, it seems, is an armchair epidemiologist these days. As far as I can see, I think most governments are just doing their best in horrendous circumstances. The problems are global: nobody has enough hospital beds, nurses, ventilators, tests, protective equipment etc. You can't plan for Armageddon. But I get that it must be doubly frightening to see this unfolding in a country which is already struggling for resources. Hope you are managing to stay well.

I'm well and protected in my home. I have my own bedroom, my own bathroom, my patio, a home office, stored food, etc. But the world doesn't spin around me. I'm worried about people who usually live in state of need. They'll have less chances when this thing hits them.

Back
Top Bottom